Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default FLR (M) form question "NON APPLYING CHILDREN"

Hi All

I was wondering if someone can help me with the online FLR (M) form question "Non Applying Children" ? I would think this means any children that are not applying on my wifes visa ?

To explain, I have in the past helped my wife successfully completed several visa applications, visitor visa, spouse visa to come live in the UK with me after our Thai marriage, with no problems, however we are now trying to complete the second part of her 5 year visa, FLR (M), but have come up against a brick wall with the online form.

It asks the questions,

Non applying children
    Do you have any children of 18 years old or under? (Required)[/COLOR]

Yes*

No

Are all of your children applying with you on this application? (Required)

Yes

No *

Why are all of your children not applying with you as part of this application?
    ??<><><?><<> basically staying in Thailand

It then asks
    Name of ????? child not applying
    Title

Given names
    abcd
    Family name
    abcd

abcd abcd's birth details
    Country of nationalityType the name of a country; use the arrow keys to navigate and 'enter' to select one.
    Thailand
    + Add another nationality?

Date of birth (Required)
    Enter date in the format DD MM YYYY
    Day
    Month
    Year
    Country of birthType the name of a country; use the arrow keys to navigate and 'enter' to select one.
    Thailand
    Place of birth
    ubon

abcd abcd's gender and relationship status

Male*

Female

Unspecified
    What is their relationship status?
    Single

Parental responsibility for abcd abcd
    Provide details of the role you take in abcd abcd's upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or access arrangements
    a b c d e f g

abcd abcd's passport
    Do they have a passport, or a copy of the information on the photo page? (Required)

Yes

No*

abcd abcd's living arrangements
    Who does abcd abcd normally live with? (Required)

You

Mr C g s

You and your partner

Other

Who do they live with?

Answer her parents

Why do they not live with you or your partner?
    Answer a f h d r

Their home address (Required)
    Their home address (line 1 of 3)
    Answer ad
    Their home address (line 2 of 3 - optional)
    Their home address (line 3 of 3 - optional)
    Town/City
    Answer ad
    Province/State
    Answer D
    Postal code (if applicable)
    CountryType the name of a country; use the arrow keys to navigate and 'enter' to select one.
    Answer Thailand

I would like to include the following optional evidence (Required)

Evidence of ?????? access to abcd abcd, such as a written agreement between both parents or a child arrangement order

Evidence of ????? parental relationship with abcd abcd, such as a birth or adoption certificate, proof of financial contributions to the child’s well-being or general evidence demonstrating concern and interest in the child *
    Please provide as much evidence as you can and include this with this application.

Languages spoken by abcd abcd
    What languages can abcd abcd speak?
    Please add known languages including English
    Thai

abcd abcd's extended family
    Does this child have extended family in the UK? (Required)
    For example, grandparents, aunts, uncles, adult brothers and sisters

Yes

No*

If you left the UK, do you and your children have family or friends in the country you would return to? (Required)

Yes*

No

Please provide details of these family and friends, for example, their names, relationship to the child and where they live
    T F G H K

THEN WE GET TO THIS QUESTION
    When abcd abcd entered the UK
    Was abcd abcd born in the UK? (Required)

Yes

No*

When did your child first enter the UK? (Required) HE HAS NEVER BEEN TO THE UK
    Day
    Month
    Year

How long has your child lived in the UK? AGAIN AS ABOVE
    For example, 2 years and 6 months

Of course I can't complete this as he has never been to the UK

Sorry this is so long but thought it best to show how the form progresses.

My wife has a 9 year old son who lives with her parents in Thailand and we have no intention of bringing him to the UK.

If we click on NO instead of YES to the question,

Non Applying Children Do you have any children of 18 years old or under?

it then does not ask anything further about children and goes straight to asking about me.

Am I misunderstanding the meaning of "Non Applying Children" ? should we click NO to the question ? and if so why?

Many thanks for any help with this.

I think it means non applying children that live with you in the UK (but I'm not 100% sure)

someone who as just recently done FLR will know better.

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi
    Thanks for the reply, yes the questions rather ambiguous, just hope someone who has recently done this online replies.

Thanks

I completed it and provided names of my wife's family and gave chapter and verse of her son too. On her first FLR we had to provide his original birth certificate too with a translation. That was a real pain. We did the same for this one too.

You have to answer the questions as best you can. The way I understand it, they want to know he is being looked after and not neglected in Thailand.

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi Thanks for your reply but I don't understand how you got past the question on

When abcd abcd entered the UK
    Was abcd abcd born in the UK? (Required)

Yes

No*

When did your child first enter the UK? (Required)
    Day
    Month
    Year

How long has your child lived in the UK/
    For example, 2 years and 6 months

I Can't complete this as he has never been to the UK

Did you complete this part? if you did I guess your wife's son had visited the UK, if you don't complete this then you can't continue with the form.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I will confirm this tomorrow as I'm swapping a hard drive on the computer at the moment. My wife's last visa is on it...

I think I put 01/01/1900 in the answer to "When did your child first enter the UK?"

"How long has your child lived in the UK?" He hasn’t and he/she won't be going to the UK.

Definitely a glitch that they still haven't fixed.

Old Hand มือเก่า

I also think there is a glitch ,in there process ,
    My self held back my wife's settlement visa for 12 months while i finished paying my dues with the CSA .
    Thinking i would be under the £18,600 2 children who i was financially responsible for but we have discussed this elsewhere on here and i am sure the outcome was i could of proceeded with her application .
    An example if Mr Jones earned £18,600 but had 4 young children with a previous partner paying x amount a month then would he be able to support a wife who is not working .
    If you look at the application forms i think it goes up around £3000 per child so i thought this rule would apply to children you are also financially responsible for in the UK as well .

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi

Many thanks for this info, Yes I tried putting in a false date and it went through to the next question, just not happy putting false info, on the application. I did ring the 2 tel, no's they have but neither were any help. just said we are not trained for this and you need to speak with an advisor, typical government!

Did they not ask you about the false date? or did you mention this glitch in a covering letter or at the end of the application?

Yes if you can please check your record of this and please let me know.

Many thanks for your help with this much appreciated as it is very helpful to know how to get around this without them just rejecting the application and loosing the money.

Thanks

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I think rasg is correct in that this is a glitch on the system.

I guess from what you have said your wife did not have any children under 18 outside of the UK so your wife put NO to the question "Non applying children Do you have any children of 18 years old or under? "
    and it was more about you and your children already in the UK?
    I guess this is a question further along in the application form based on questions about your wifes "Spouse"

Thanks

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Hi

Many thanks for this info, Yes I tried putting in a false date and it went through to the next question, just not happy putting false info, on the application. I did ring the 2 tel, no's they have but neither were any help. just said we are not trained for this and you need to speak with an advisor, typical government!

Did they not ask you about the false date? or did you mention this glitch in a covering letter or at the end of the application?

Yes if you can please check your record of this and please let me know.

Many thanks for your help with this much appreciated as it is very helpful to know how to get around this without them just rejecting the application and loosing the money.

Thanks

Hey,
    I haven't got to the stage of doing an FLR yet. But recently on my settlement application for my wife there was one or 2 questions about me as a sponsor that I had to explain in further detail in the 'additional information' section at the end.....i.e. 'When did you leave the Military?' - the answer was I haven't, I'm still serving but I had to supply a date. So I was told to reference this in the back section and elaborate. Might be a glitch as mentioned in a previous reply.....hope this helps. Good Luck!!

Rookie มือใหม่

Oh ok got it, thanks for the info,