Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Holiday to Thailand

Hi all. The Mrs is Thai national on her first 2 and 1/2 year visa here. We are going to Thailand for a holiday and coming back? I take it she will be ok with her passport and BRP card to go and come back?

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I bloody hope so!! I am in the same situation as you and will be looking at going back to Thailand most likely once a year with my Thai wife to help stop her missing home too much. I'm 99.9% certain that they can still go back on holiday or anywhere on holiday as long as it isn't for a certain amount of time i.e. something like 3 or 4 months out of the UK in a year is bad (maybe longer or less) , but I'm sure a few weeks in Thailand is fine. I remember reading it somewhere whilst researching for her visa....but I'm sure somebody will have specific timeframes...

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith89 View Post
    Hi all. The Mrs is Thai national on her first 2 and 1/2 year visa here. We are going to Thailand for a holiday and coming back? I take it she will be ok with her passport and BRP card to go and come back?

Yes absolutely fine. It only becomes an issue at ILR stage if they have spent prolonged periods away. Then they would need an additional FLR

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...s-period-in-uk

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

When you get to Swampy dont forget to go through the Thai booths ....much quicker don't queue with the peasants.
    Melnathan

you can tell the weather has turned cold

Quote Originally Posted by melnathan View Post
    When you get to Swampy dont forget to go through the Thai booths ....much quicker don't queue with the peasants.
    Melnathan
    a lot of Thai booths are now automated

Member สมาชิก

Thanks everyone we did go to the Thai booths haha. Also I know there's alot of stuff about what you are allowed to bring back on the web but is there certain stuff you can't bring back from Thailand that always gets flagged?

Blog Entries

Every time we come home its like living through an episode of "Nothing to Declare". So far we've been lucky in that we've never been pulled aside. When that time comes my Mrs is on her own as far as I'm concerned

I think as long as its kind of pre packed by the manufacturer you should be safe. Anything wrapped in a small blue carrier bag and home made tied knot might be inspected

Blog Entries

When my Mrs unpacked her "stinky food" on our last trip, our kitchen floor was full of packages which she'd wrapped tightly in brown packing tape. They honestly looked just like bricks of heroin or cocaine. How we weren't inspected at any stage of of the return journey I have no idea!!

I always get a free pass to go out on the beer the day before we are due to come home. While i'm out, my suitcase ends up being packed to the brim with all her stinky food and other items. So if we are ever pulled, I will be like Manuel, "I know nothing".

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post
    Every time we come home its like living through an episode of "Nothing to Declare". So far we've been lucky in that we've never been pulled aside. When that time comes my Mrs is on her own as far as I'm concerned
    OH yes she gets all my extra tobacco when going into Thailand,i get it all when coming back to the UK standard rule this is less trouble but still trouble if stopped just less.

Member สมาชิก

Yes I know, same with us when we've travelled back in the past. Always was a worry. But I think in the UK you can bring back pretty much anything food-wise except for uncooked meat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ray8472 View Post
    But I think in the UK you can bring back pretty much anything food-wise except for uncooked meat.
    I'm not sure they'd think much to a 2ltr bottle of homemade fermented "stinky fish" though ????

Member สมาชิก

I'm not sure they'd think much to a 2ltr bottle of homemade fermented "stinky fish" though ????
    I think that is probably OK !

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/personal...imports#non-EU