Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Default Swap uk 3pin plug for Thai plug

Hi all, I have a battery charger here in khon kaen that has a uk 3pin plug on it, I want to put a Thailand plug on it, I have seen a few thai plugs that come apart held by one screw, does any one know where my live, neutral & earth wires should go in a Thai 3 pin or two pin plug? I haven't looked inside a Thai plug to see if they are marked live, neutral or earth, the charger is for car/ motorcycle battery's.
    many thanks
    essexboys

You can swap it for a Haco 16A 3-pin plug.

Available from Lazada and also at Homepro and Baan & Beyond.

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.ZGchz

The pins are clearly marked L, N, and E.

images.jpg
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Maokang, thanks for the link, they look easy enough to wire up, ordered three today at 50 baht each total including delivery 195 baht...
    many thanks for the help
    essexboys

Hi Guys, sorry to butt in on somebody else's post but I'm curious (and I know this is a stupid question). Any idea what would the process be if you wanted to "re-plug" UK appliances from a standard UK 3 pin to the more common Thai, 2 pin type of plug? I don't know whether that is even do-able but I don't think I've ever seen a 3 pin Thai plug or socket! Have they started to include an Earth now?

Member สมาชิก

Personally... l would not discard the earth wire of any electrical equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Hi Guys, sorry to butt in on somebody else's post but I'm curious (and I know this is a stupid question). Any idea what would the process be if you wanted to "re-plug" UK appliances from a standard UK 3 pin to the more common Thai, 2 pin type of plug? I don't know whether that is even do-able but I don't think I've ever seen a 3 pin Thai plug or socket! Have they started to include an Earth now?
    The apartments and hotels which we've stayed at over the years have always had three pin sockets (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Hua Hin, Khon Kaen, Korat) as did our rented condo in Saphan Khwai. It seems to be that older properties only had two pin sockets (Nok's folks' properties in Korat).

When we were living in our condo, I brought over a decent kettle from the UK and rewired it with a three pin Thai-style plug which I bought at our local Big C superstore. As MaoKaang says, they're easy to find and they're straightforward to fit.

All my wall sockets here in BKK can accommodate three pins (see above) my modem unit for WiFi is three pronged, so is my microwave which is around nine or ten years old.
    bangkok mags

I don't think I've ever seen a 3 pin Thai plug or socket! Have they started to include an Earth now?
    It's been a legal requirement on new build properties for, at the very least, 15 years that I'm aware of.

My house is 15 years old and has earthed 3-pin sockets. Only houses on our estate over around 18 years old still have 2-pin sockets.

IMG_20191125_112617.jpg

It's a while since I stayed at a hotel that only had 2-pin sockets. No doubt many older ones still out there though.

That said, being Thailand, there is sure to be no end of builders flaunting/ignoring the regulations.
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด