Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default settlement visa costs

Hi Folks

I wonder if anybody can help me.

We know that the first settlement visa for the uk costs £1,523 and £1200 for the NHS.

Could someone advise us of the costs involved for the second visa after 30 months to get to the 5 year stage and if there are any NHS costs again.

Also do we pay again after 5 years for the Indefinite Leave to Remain and the NHS?

Cheers and thanks in anticipation.

Nick

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by nickj1000 View Post
    Hi Folks

I wonder if anybody can help me.

We know that the first settlement visa for the uk costs £1,523 and £1200 for the NHS.

Could someone advise us of the costs involved for the second visa after 30 months to get to the 5 year stage and if there are any NHS costs again.

Also do we pay again after 5 years for the Indefinite Leave to Remain and the NHS?

Cheers and thanks in anticipation.

Nick
    If you are applying inside the UK, then the first visa fee is £1033, then FLR, second visa is again £1033.The NHS surcharge is currently £400 per year, but this could increase to £625 per year. Yes, you will have to pay the NHS surcharge when applying for FLR.
    ILR is currently £2,389. there is no NHS surcharge when applying for ILR. All these fee's are likely to change in the coming years.
    Last edited by Greg / Pairin; 26th Nov 2019 at 23:43.

FLR is £1033 and the IHS fee is £1000.

ILR is £2389 but no IHS fee.

Here is a link to all of then visa costs:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-29-march-2019

Thanks very much to you both. They do not mess about with these fees. must be murder if there are children involved as well. Thanks very much indeed for the info !

Banned

Are there is hidden cost a lot probably the same amount ie translations, medical exams ,language test,photos ,you will find that these basic cost + extras come in around a lot more than is said on the uk gov site .

Thanks for this. Thisa has already passed the A1 in the UK, just the medical tests and translations to go, but they add up I know first hand ! Cheers

The same amount as?

Language test is £150. TB test is 3500 baht, if I remember. They no longer require photos. Travel could bump it up a bit though. Translations are not that expensive. £30 for a birth certificate, again if I remember.

Banned

Birth certificate ,name change ,marriage ,house deeds ,also the winter cloths ,rice cooker ,food,hat, gloves ,general hotels travel to and from add it all up!
    Not cheap photocopies printing services all be it i have not used the new system yet .
    Shoes i remember my misses turning up at Manchester airport with white converse trainers in 6 inches of snow , there is a lot of hidden cost .B1 English test ,lituk ,a bit of schooling in english .
    3x biometrics £60
    plus if like my town that would be £6 parking fees .
    translations for marriage the whole package how much ?
    £15,000 i reckon could be more
    Postage ,
    new passport which was a trip to London £800
    I suppose it would be very hard to get a figure from the marriage to ILR M .
    Language test is £150. fail
    now £300
    Trip to bangkok for TB scan how much ??
    Last edited by Samsung; 30th Nov 2019 at 05:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    Birth certificate ,name change ,marriage ,house deeds ,also the winter cloths ,rice cooker ,food,hat, gloves ,general hotels travel to and from add it all up!
    Not cheap photocopies printing services all be it i have not used the new system yet .
    Shoes i remember my misses turning up at Manchester airport with white converse trainers in 6 inches of snow , there is a lot of hidden cost .B1 English test ,lituk ,a bit of schooling in english .
    3x biometrics £60
    plus if like my town that would be £6 parking fees .
    translations for marriage the whole package how much ?
    £15,000 i reckon could be more
    Postage ,
    new passport which was a trip to London £800
    I suppose it would be very hard to get a figure from the marriage to ILR M .
    Language test is £150. fail
    now £300
    Trip to bangkok for TB scan how much ??

I suppose I have only looked at the costs for my wife. My wife was already in Bangkok for her TB cert. She stayed with her cousin and his wife for a couple of weeks while her fiancée visa went through. We are 15 miles out of London so it's simple for us. She buys most of her own clothes but doesn’t drink alcohol at all. She owns at least five pairs of boots. Zillions of want leggings and all the other paraphernalia. Warm jackets. At least six in different colours but she buys in the sales. New Thai passport coming up. Less than £40. We have to go and find snow down in London. The trip to Iceland wasn't cheap but a fantastic trip.

Another hidden cost is the appointment fee. There was no free appointments available at our nearest visa Centre so it cost us £100 just to book an appointment

The only free appointments are available at the Core centres and the closest to us was Croydon. They are also very few and far between. We ended up going to Reading Library which is much simpler and easier to get to. That cheapest fee for that was £60.

Thisa has been to the UK 3 times already and we have been through the new clothes and boots purchase! I have been to bangkok 4 times so far, part of which was to prove a relationship for immigration. if you add everything up it probably eventually comes to the price of a medium sized car i guess . My lovely lady has offered to empty her bank account to help with the costs and when i go to bangkok next year she will be cooking every night instead of eating out. Luckily she is a top cook ! Thanks again for all your comments. P.S. i won't be emptying her bank account :-)

Banned

A flight to the UK is around the £500 mark .