Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Be carfull

Banned

Default Be carfull

OK having bought excess tobbaco in the middle east approx myself x 2 over the legal limit and the wife x 1 no problem going through, customs and exit to smoking zone outside airport.
    Wife then went to get phones sorted new sim cards before us leaving on the airport link to Bangkok.
    So there I was outside having a crafty fag or 2 got talking to a older English guy full trolly loaded with bags when out of no where a guy in uniform appears wanting to inspect bags my new found friend got into intereaction with him while I put my fag out and fast tracked it back into airport never to be seen again.
    A long story short more corrupt than it has ever been be careful I think we might need a red shirt uprising because this place now stinks south of bkk.
    Ps don't smoke outside of the airport

Give it up - save loads of money and maybe live longer.
    aka Spud / aka MF

Banned

Today while out on the motorbike with the wife middle of nowhere in pak khat, bought some melons and was on the way back home milatary roadblock around a dozen with there machine guns had to open the seat on the bike wife said looking for drugs she had already told them no passport no I'd card very frenidly guys but did take a picture of me. 2nd time in 5 days where on dozens of trips before never stopped once. Times are changing or is it just bad luck?

Old Hand มือเก่า

I don't recognize Thailand (or BK and Pattaya) anymore. I am unaware of the security checks, as described above, but just the general atmosphere has changed.

Pattaya, despite its seedier nature, used to be a great place to visit. I lived about 30 minutes away and spent most weekends there. The people were friendly and life was pretty good. Now it's just a relic of what it was. I'm no economist but a bat could see that the changes came alongside the same time the Russian then Chinese tourists were given the red carpet. I'm not hammering the tourists, just the way TAT abandoned the street vendors and local businesses. Such a shame. Goose, golden egg..

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

In the last few year always get stopped at least once . The best part is most come from our police station and know my wife. In all the years of renting a car in Udon never bothered with an International driving licence but some unknown reason I got one this year and for the first time was asked for it. The policeman was not happy when when I produced it. One up to me.
    May I wish all on here a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Healthy New Year.
    Jan and Melnathan

Driven through police checkpoints dozens of times as we all have, and been stopped twice. Once was going across some mountainous road into Sukhothai very late at night. We all had to get out of the car, they checked IDs and passports and had a good look in the car, even took a picture of the car and the licence plate.

Other time there was a military presence at a police checkpoint not too far from Mae Sai on a big main road we've been through dozens of times. That time they searched all our bags, handbags as well. That was very odd.

Member สมาชิก

I always get an International Drivers licence when we visit but never been asked for it. However on the visit last Easter I got stopped & sods law they wanted it & I didn't get one. Cop wouldn't let me proceed & I got directed to two guys sat at a table who were busy fining Thais. When it came round to me they didn't seem to understand why I was there and basically ushered me to get lost which I did. Will always get an International Licence in the future even though the Car Rental Company state you don't need one if your licence is in English. Got stopped outside Sikhoraphum, Surin.

Yes I always make sure I have an International Licence.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

Forgive my ignorance, but this message here seems to be follow the law ?