Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default How many times can you apply for FLR?

Hi, my wife is here on a spouse 5 year route which expires in 6 months. Do we have to now apply for ILR or can we do another FLR and then go for the ILR in 2.5 years time? Also the government website says it takes up to 6 months to get your decision back. Does that mean you have to apply 6 months before the current visa expires?

when did your wife enter the UK? If she's been here for 5 years then she can apply for ILR providing she has the LITUK and B1 English requirements. If its under 5 years then she will need FLR.

As long as she makes the application before it expires then its fine, and it doesn't matter if it expires whilst you are waiting for a decision.

Member สมาชิก

Thank you. She’s been here for 5 years on the spouse 5 year route so he timing is now to look at ILR but she does not have LTIUK or B1 yet. The timing is not great at the moment for her to study for both these which is why we’re considering holding off and doing one more FLR application but I just wanted to make sure we can opt for another FLR and this won’t affect our ability to then revisit ILR in 2.5 years?

Old Hand มือเก่า

Yes, you can apply for another FLR without affecting ILR further down the line. Applying for another FLR is just an expense that could of been avoided, you will have to pay another NHS surcharge of £1000 on top of the £1033 FLR fee.

If your wife still has 6 months left on her current visa, would it not be worth while her studying and having a go at the LITUK and B1 first.

Member สมาชิก

Thank you. We’re definitely considering giving LTIUK and B1 but we’ve got a little 1 year old who consumes almost all our time so it’s hard to find the time to study right now for both. I was also wondering if there are any websites where I could find a Thai speaking tutor to help her with both these tests as would help a lot... I’ve searched online and can’t find any that are specifically Thai speaking/nationality to work with her on the B1 and LITUK. Any suggestions would be gratefully received

Old Hand มือเก่า

There is some online website's where you can practice the LITUK test. I think you can also purchase a book through the site.

https://lifeintheuktests.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/

There is also a Facebook page that could be worth checking out.

https://www.facebook.com/lifeintheuktestgroup/

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

From personal experience all I can say is get the LITUK test in the bag asap. Without playing it down, the B1 is easy in comparison. My wife arrived in 2011. It took until this year to pass LITUK because we kept making excuses and used FLRM as the easy (but expensive) option. We also have a young child but in those early years my wife only attempted LITUK twice.....until this year. She found a thai Facebook group and a thai tutor which she paid to coach her through the test. I've never seen her more focused. I think the pressure and threat of losing face from another thai went much further than anything I could do to persuade her to seriously study.
    My wife passed her LITUK earlier this year after around 6 weeks of intensive studying. She applied for ILR in August which was granted in November and then citizenship earlier this month. If only she had done it a few years ago would have saved us ££££'s over the years

Member สมาชิก

Thank you. Any ideas of websites where we can find a Thai one on one tutor London based?

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll ask her for a link to the Facebook group & number of the thai lady she used

Member สมาชิก

Thank you so much

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

It was a while ago, so may or may not be possible now, but we got two FLR extensions for my wife as I recall before then getting ILR and subsequently citizenship.

Member สมาชิก

Thanks

She may continue to extend, subject to satisfying the requirements. After 15 years’ leave as a spouse, she may be exempt from the KoLL requirements under 3.2(a)(xi).
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.