Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Default Non immigrant O visa agency help

Hi all, has anyone on here used a visa agent in Thailand to extend a non immigrant O visa based on retirement? If you have, and they have been successful could you please pm me the details and your experience with them, I'm asking to be pm'd because you never know who is reading these forums.
    many thanks
    essex boys

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    ... If you have, and they have been successful could you please pm me the details and your experience with them, I'm asking to be pm'd because you never know who is reading these forums.
    many thanks ...
    This actually goes against the spirit of Thailand-UK, for the reasons posted by Maokaang:

Quote Originally Posted by maokaang View Post

The PM system is ideal for private conversations among members and friends, and for passing on personal details (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.) For those discussions, carry on as you are, no problem.

If you have a question which doesn't reveal any personal details, you should ALWAYS and ONLY EVER post such questions on the public forums.

Why?

1. In a PM, you are gaining the experience and knowledge of one person. They may be wrong and no-one else can see their reply to correct them. On the forums, you have a much better chance of getting the correct information from any one, or more, of hundreds of members - including the person you were going to PM in the first place.

2. In a PM, the answer to your question will benefit you, and YOU ALONE. You have to agree, that's a little selfish. That person has given up their time just for you. In contrast, on the forums, the answers to your questions could benefit hundreds of people.

Using the PM system for such questions is detrimental to whole purpose of Thailand-UK; to share and exchange information and advice for the benefit of all.

Please think carefully before you hit the PM button with your questions next time around. Could others benefit if you posted them on the forums instead?

The same goes to anyone who posts worthless replies on the forums such as "PM me for the answer." Who's that going to help?

SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE.

Thanks
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Apologies Tobias, I'm happy to have any answers to my question posted up for all to see, I was trying to avoid a situation where perhaps Thai immigration would read this thread ( I don't suppose for one minute that they would, but you never know) and it could cause problems. Basically I have been in touch with an agency that will change a non immigrant O visa based on retirement ( you get 90 days issued from London embassy) to a 1 year extension once you are in Thailand all they need is your passport No need for financial statements or pension statements no need to have money in a Thai bank they charge 14,000 baht and if you want a multi entry non O it's another 4,000 baht.
    i was just wondering if anyone on here has any experience of working with agencies and what their experiences were like, I haven't had any replies either on here or by pm, so I assume no one has any experience.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Apologies Tobias, I'm happy to have any answers to my question posted up for all to see, I was trying to avoid a situation where perhaps Thai immigration would read this thread ( I don't suppose for one minute that they would, but you never know) and it could cause problems. Basically I have been in touch with an agency that will change a non immigrant O visa based on retirement ( you get 90 days issued from London embassy) to a 1 year extension once you are in Thailand all they need is your passport No need for financial statements or pension statements no need to have money in a Thai bank they charge 14,000 baht and if you want a multi entry non O it's another 4,000 baht.
    i was just wondering if anyone on here has any experience of working with agencies and what their experiences were like, I haven't had any replies either on here or by pm, so I assume no one has any experience.
    the problem with that method is you will have no record of having the 800,000 for 2 months before or the 3 months after the application, and in deed the 400,00 for the remainder of the year, so if some thing goes wrong, you are up the creek without a paddle, plenty do it ( i know people that have) buts its an immigration officer turning a blind eye to the financial requirements, you pays your money, but it you that takes the chances.

i used a contact in an immigration office in another area to where i live ( but did have an address in that area), to obtain a non immigrant 'O' visa as part of a conversion from a tourist visa, i had all the financial requirements in place, but my local office would not do it, told me to leave the country and obtain the 'O' visa,
    I have now changed to a 'married ' extension at the office that would not allow the conversion, but again had to obtain a fresh 'O' visa on a tip back to UK, they would not on renewal change the extension from 'retirement' to 'married', some offices have their own rules

so to sum up it can be done, but there are risks involved, may be small but are there none the less

Steve187, thanks for your reply if they don't ask to see any financials on the 90 day reporting I guess it's worth the risk? As you say it is a risk, I did ask questions to the agency and they responded by saying that they have immigration officers in all the provinces that 'work with' the agency so there is no problem, they offer you to go to their office in Bangkok or they will come to your hotel in Bangkok to get your passport or they will send you to your local immigration office and to ask for the IO that 'works with them'...but as you quite rightly say it does come with risks.....I just want to get the first year on a visa done and dusted, after the first year I will get the visa by the proper process like having my finances in place in a Thai bank etc, I just worry about tying up that much money (especially with the current exchange rate) in a Thai bank, then if things don't work out and I leave Thailand I will lose more money by taking the Thai baht from my account and changing it into another currency.
    many thanks for your reply
    essex boys

I did my retirement extension renewal in October. A note was stapled into my passport stating
    "not less than 800,000 baht must remain in the bank for 3 months after the permission date after that I can withdraw my deposit but the remaining balance must be not less than 400,000 baht. Please update the bankbook and show us every 3 months".

Steve187, thanks for your reply if they don't ask to see any financials on the 90 day reporting I guess it's worth the risk? As you say it is a risk, I did ask questions to the agency and they responded by saying that they have immigration officers in all the provinces that 'work with' the agency so there is no problem, they offer you to go to their office in Bangkok or they will come to your hotel in Bangkok to get your passport or they will send you to your local immigration office and to ask for the IO that 'works with them'...but as you quite rightly say it does come with risks.....I just want to get the first year on a visa done and dusted, after the first year I will get the visa by the proper process like having my finances in place in a Thai bank etc, I just worry about tying up that much money (especially with the current exchange rate) in a Thai bank, then if things don't work out and I leave Thailand I will lose more money by taking the Thai baht from my account and changing it into another currency.
    many thanks for your reply
    essex boys
    maybe you could get the 90 day report app and do on line, the app is 'immigration e services for foreigners' on paly store but not sure if you have to be in Thaland for it to show, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Tia View Post
    I did my retirement extension renewal in October. A note was stapled into my passport stating
    "not less than 800,000 baht must remain in the bank for 3 months after the permission date after that I can withdraw my deposit but the remaining balance must be not less than 400,000 baht. Please update the bankbook and show us every 3 months".
    That's really interesting. This is the issue with individual offices applying their own rules. What will they do if someone hasn't complied with the rules, but already has their yearly extension? They might not be seeking to extend any further or will be leaving for a few months then re-applying. It just makes no sense to do such checks,unless they have the authority to revoke the extension mid term.
    'Tis me

When I went tò khon kaen immigration office to extend my 30 day visa back in November 2019, there were plenty of people coming in for their 90 day reporting, the woman dealing with them literally just looked at the passport and waved them off job done....but I'm guessing that I will do the 90 day reporting online I do not know what they ask for, as for the annual extension I'm guessing again that the visa agency will deal with that again so no financials to show.