Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

what financials did Hull require for the 'O' visa 'retirement'

edit do they issue the visa with a 6 months validity period, as my 'married' 'O' visa from them was only valid for 3 months
    Last edited by steve187; 10th Jan 2020 at 03:51.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Hi Steve187, hull require £10,000 a month for 3 months in your bank account, you have to supply bank statements with your name and address and the bank statements have to show £10,000 on the first and last day of each of the three months, non immigrant O based on 50+ the visa is for 90 days, the countdown on the 90 days begins when you enter Thailand.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Non-Immigrant Category "O" Visa on the basis of being a UK State Pensioner (65+)

The non-immigrant category O visa is available for persons who are receiving a UK State Pension. The amount of the State Pension received is NOT relevant. This visa is not available to persons who have not yet reached pensionable age but do receive a Pension Credit. This visa is also available to people who themselves are not UK State Pensioners but are married to and travelling with a UK State Pensioner.

VISA ELIGIBILITY BY NATIONALITY:

[COLOR=#FFFFFF !important]Please check your nationality below for eligibility to apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull. Some nationalities can only apply for visas at The Royal Thai Embassy in London.
    This information is also available as a PDF .
    Please call us on +44 (0)1482 581668 if in doubt.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#FFFFFF !important] Select Your Nationality: United Kingdom (British Citizen) United Kingdom (British Overseas Citizen) Afghanistan Albania Algeria Andorra Angola Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Botswana Brazil Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Central African Republic Chad Chile China Colombia Congo – Democratic Republic of Congo – Republic of Costa Rica Cote d’Ivoire Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Djibouti Dominica Commonwealth Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt Equatorial Guinea Estonia Ethiopia Fiji Finland France French Guyana Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Greece Grenada Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Ivory Coast Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea (RoK) Kosovo Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Laos Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macau Macedonia Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Mauritania Mauritius Mexico Moldova Monaco Mongolia Morocco Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria North Korea Norway Oman Pakistan Palestine Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Poland Portugal Qatar Romania Russia Rwanda San Marino Sao Tome & Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa Spain Sri Lanka St Kitts & Nevis St Lucia St Vincent & Grenadines Sudan Suriname Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syria Taiwan (green passport only) Tajikistan Tanzania Togo Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United States Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Vatican State Venezuela Vietnam Western Samoa Yemen Zaire Zambia Zimbabwe [/COLOR]

IMPORTANT
    The information below is provided on the basis that the applicant will be applying for their visa in person at the Royal Thai Consulate Hull. Persons intending to apply elsewhere for their visa need to check with the relevant authority.
    The issuing of all Non-Immigrant Visas must be authorised by the Royal Thai Embassy, London prior to being issued and this process can take up to one week. When we receive authority to issue we will invite you to visit us and the visa will be issued usually within one hour.

The information on this page is available as a PDF documentDownload
    This visa is available with a single entry only. It is no longer possible to be granted a multiple entry visa. If wishing to stay longer it will be necessary to visit a Thai Immigration Office near to where you will be staying and enquire about the procedure for extending your stay. The single entry visa is valid for three months from date of issue and allows a single stay in Thailand of up to 90 days.
    How to Apply for this Visa at the Royal Thai Consulate, Hull

So that we can obtain authorisation from the London Embassy to issue this visa it is necessary for the applicant to submit to us all documents relative to this visa, therefore we request you contact us by email and attach scanned copies of the following:

• Copy of the page of your passport with photo and details (passport must have minimum 6 months remaining validity at time of applying for the visa).
    • Completed Visa Application Form with two recent passport size photos attached. The form is available for completion when you visit us or can be found in the Downloads section (See V4 - Visa Application Form).
    • Copy/copies of:
      Either: The letter which you should receive from The Pension Service at the start of each year stating what your pension payments will be for that year **.

Or: Your latest 3 months bank statements showing receipt of regular payments from "DWP SP". Bank statements must show applicant’s name and current address.

** For a married couple where only one person is receiving the UK State Pension the other person is entitled to be granted the same visa so long as they are able to provide a copy of their Marriage Certificate.
    As soon as we receive authority from the London Embassy we will invite you to visit us so that we can issue the visa and you will need to bring with you the following:-
    There are two types of non O for 'retirement ' this is for being 65+ the one I'm applying for is fir being 50+ the financial requirements are different fir each one

The Non-O based on marriage from Hull has no financial requirement ?

I just checked their web site and it just asks for 3 months bank statements, but doesn't specify how much....seems a bit odd

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    I just checked their web site and it just asks for 3 months bank statements, but doesn't specify how much....seems a bit odd
    thats for over 65 in receipt of state pension
    ''Either: The letter which you should receive from The Pension Service at the start of each year stating what your pension payments will be for that year **.

Or: Your latest 3 months bank statements showing receipt of regular payments from "DWP SP". Bank statements must show applicant’s name and current address''

the other thing is if you applying end of January for travel in May, will the actual visa have a validity of 6 months, as my 'married 'O' was only for 3 months

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ray8472 View Post
    The Non-O based on marriage from Hull has no financial requirement ?
    Copies of latest three months bank statements which must show applicant’s name and address

they don't list any amount required

taken from here - https://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/non-im...-o-married.php

i showed them a copy of my Thai bank book, they were happy with that

Steve187, when I spoke to the guy on the phone at Hull consulate he said I could apply now for my visa, they would send the documents to London to get the approval to issue the visa (non immigrant O based on being 50+) once they had the approval they would email me to arrange an appointment for me to visit Hull consulate to have the visa issued, he then said I could arrange my appointment for any time before I depart for Thailand. So in my case I want to fly to Thailand on about the 8th may, I could send my paperwork to hull consulate now, get the approval from London to issue the visa and then arrange my appointment with hull consulate to issue the visa to me in my passport at the end of April ready to fly in may to Thailand, once the visa is issued to me in my passport it has to be used within 3 months, once I use it by checking in to Thailand it is then valid for 90 days, so when the IO stamps me in at suvarnhabumi airport my 90 days starts that day.

Hi all, well I got my non immigrant 'O' visa approved today, such an easy process using Hull consulate if only the London embassy was as easy and helpful, the irony of it is that once you email all your stuff to Hull they forward it to London for approval and it was literally a 24 hr turnaround! If only London would let you email your documents as hull do it would be so much easier...anyway, job done, flight booked next stage will be converting the visa to a one year extension in Thailand.
    many thanks to all who have given me advice regarding this process, it's very much appreciated
    essex boys

Great news, congrats. I'll be doing this early next year most likely, so what is the bet that it will all have changed by then...

ray8472, let's hope the procedure doesn't change for you, this has been a really simple process using hull consulate. The only reason I'm going the non 'O' route is to avoid the health insurance that thai immigration push you to having, especially when they seem to force you to choose from the ones they have selected, I am at the moment emailing maik schilling from Pacific cross, they have some health insurance policies that are far better than the ones immigration want you to have, for about the same price. I wouldn't dream of retirement in Thailand without some form of health insurance.

I wouldn't dream of retirement in Thailand without some form of health insurance.
    Yes agreed. But as you say, you need something that is worth paying for, not the ones they force you to choose from.

ray8472, let's hope the procedure doesn't change for you, this has been a really simple process using hull consulate. The only reason I'm going the non 'O' route is to avoid the health insurance that thai immigration push you to having, especially when they seem to force you to choose from the ones they have selected, I am at the moment emailing maik schilling from Pacific cross, they have some health insurance policies that are far better than the ones immigration want you to have, for about the same price. I wouldn't dream of retirement in Thailand without some form of health insurance.
    keep us updated on prices etc, as i am looking, at the moment i use travel insurance as i return to UK every year for 6 months at a time. but looking at insurance companies in Thailand

Steve187, I will update when I get confirmed prices from Pacific cross, I'm going to pursue a health insurance plan that my bank offer customers ( Bangkok bank) it's very comprehensive cover and it wasn't expensive, but Thai immigration would not have accepted it as bangkok bank isn't on their list of providers, I will initially go to Thailand on a travel insurance plan then when I get a health insurance plan I will update on this forum

Hi all, just a quick update, this morning I collected my non immigrant 'O' visa based on being 55+ From the Thai consulate in hull I arrived at 9am just as they opened and I left a 9.22am with the visa in my passport, cannot complain about the service from hull, from my first phone call to them enquirng about the visa untill the point of collecting it this morning their service has been first class as has their responses to my emails I can highly recommend them. The only drawback was the drive from London to hull ( but I got a good deal on a room at the Village hotel in hull £32.99) the consulate itself was only 5 minutes drive from the hotel so dead easy to get your visa stuff done. The Thai consulate looks exactly the same as all the other buildings on the trading estate so I had a bit of a drive around to find it....once you are on the trading estate go straight over the first mini roundabout, on your left will be a big VW dealer, the Thai consulate is the first left after the VW dealer it will then be directly in front of you with a sign in the window and the Thai flag on a flagpole (you cannot see this from the road so don't try looking for it as I did)....anyway that's it from me regarding this visa it's valid from the 2nd march and valid untill the1st June, I will be arriving on the 8th may and my visa will be stamped for 90 days, I will then be extending it for a year.
    many thanks to all on here for your help and advice
    essex boys

Brilliant !

What financial requirements did they ask for ?

I had to show £10,000 in my account for the last 3 months that was all they needed, this morning all they wanted was my original visa application and photos plus my passport and £70.00
    just want to add the visa is for 50+ not 55+ as I stated....I cannot edit the post now to alter it.

I had to show £10,000 in my account for the last 3 months that was all they needed, this morning all they wanted was my original visa application and photos plus my passport and £70.00
    just want to add the visa is for 50+ not 55+ as I stated....I cannot edit the post now to alter it.
    That's quite a sum, I must ask them what the requirement is for Non-O based on marriage for my application later in the year. I'm not aware of anything specifically, as per previous posts in this thread.

From the Thai consulate web site for Non immigrant 'O' based on marriage to a Thai national it doesn't seem to have a financial requirement just show bank accounts.

• Copy of the page of your passport with photo and details (passport must have minimum 6 months remaining validity at time of applying for the visa).
    • Completed Visa Application Form with two recent passport size photos attached. The form is available for completion when you visit us or can be found in the Downloads section (See V4 - Visa Application Form).
    • Copy of marriage certificate – if Thai front and back / if UK front only.
    • Copy of spouse’s Thai ID Card (front and back).
    • Copy of spouse’s Thai passport page containing photo and details.
    • Copies of latest three months bank statements which must show applicant’s name and address.

As soon as we receive authority from the London Embassy we will invite you to visit us so that we can issue the visa and you will need to bring with you the following:-

• Your passport (minimum 6 months remaining validity and with at least two blank pages for the visa and for entry/exit stamps).
    • Two recent passport size photographs as available from a photo booth.
    • Original completed Visa Application Form.
    • Visa fee of £60 (single entry) plus £10 processing charge - total of £70 in cash only.
    • All the documents as listed above according to your purpose of visit.

Thanks, yes I'm definitely going to Hull for mine if they are still doing them later in the year. I like a decent drive in the car, and I've never been there before, so I'll look forward to the trip.

Just realised that it is my New Zealand passport that I'd want the Non-O put into rather than my U.K. passport. I need to ask Hull about that, it shouldn't matter ? I'd have to use the UK one if they wouldn't though.

Just a quick update on this visa application, I have my non O visa in my passport, I was due to fly to Thailand on the 7th may but that's not going to happen now, I emailed the Thai consulate in hull about my current visa which will expire before I get to use it, they have said that I can reapply for my non O visa again without submitting any more paperwork (the paperwork submitted for my current visa will suffice) but I will have to pay the fee again (£70.00) as for a refund of the original fee, well that's up to the Thai ministry of foreign affairs, and I think we all know how that will turn out...but, at least I can reapply without further paperwork.