Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Default Non immigrant O visa based on retirement not on online application site

Hi all, I have just been on the e- visa site where you do your online visa applications, and the non immigrant O based on retirement is no longer an option, all the other ones are there non O based on marriage etc, but non O based on retirement is not there, I double checked and clicked on all the visa options in case they had moved it, but I can't find it....it still shows as an option on the Thai embassy uk website! I'm just wondering if the Thai immigration have removed it as an option to force you to get the O-A or O-X which both require health insurance, and the uk embassy hasn't updated their website yet, or has the e-visa site made a cock up of things???? Or maybe I can't see for looking?
    any one else not seeing it or is it just me?
    essex boys

Looks like I will call the embassy tomorrow try to get an answer

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

looks like they are following other countries and only issuing 'O' visas to married and over 65 in receipt of a state pension ( some other categories ) see hull site here - https://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/non-im...-pensioner.php
    they are making it harder and harder.
    'O''A' visa now have the insurance requirements attached,
    to apply for a 'O' visa in Thailand and in surrounding countries 800,000 baht is required in a Thai bank account in your name only.

That's a huge spanner in the works, I wanted to get the non O in London ( based on retirement) and then extend it for 1 year when in Thailand, I went on the e-visa website last night and the non immigrant O visa isn't a choice only the non immigrant OA visa is in the drop down box

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    That's a huge spanner in the works, I wanted to get the non O in London ( based on retirement) and then extend it for 1 year when in Thailand, I went on the e-visa website last night and the non immigrant O visa isn't a choice only the non immigrant OA visa is in the drop down box
    you could enter on visa exempt or tourist visa and apply with at least 14 days left on your permission to stay stamp, for a conversion to non imm 'O' visa 2,000thb, will need the 800,000 in a bank of your name in Thailand on the day you apply no seasoning, may ask for proof it came from abroad,

Quote Originally Posted by steve187 View Post
    you could enter on visa exempt or tourist visa and apply with at least 14 days left on your permission to stay stamp, for a conversion to non imm 'O' visa 2,000thb, will need the 800,000 in a bank of your name in Thailand on the day you apply no seasoning, may ask for proof it came from abroad,
    Visa exempt (30 day) would need proof of outward travel, at Check-in and Thai Immigration with open tickets being invalid IE want to see a date for leaving TH with-in 30 days.
    bangkok mags

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Went to Thailand twice last year both times for nearly sixty days, 30 visa on arrival and extended whilst there never queried at either check in or immigration.
    Lucky

I just tried calling the two numbers that you are supposed to call for visa enquiries at the Thai embassy in London, both numbers just rang and rang then they were just cut off! I wanted to ask why on their e-visa website, that there was no non immigrant O visa, it let's you select non immigrant OA visa but there isn't a non immigrant O visa to select, looks like I'm better off dealing with the Thai embassy in hull, honestly it a complete shambles anything to do with obtaining a Thai visa is a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    Went to Thailand twice last year both times for nearly sixty days, 30 visa on arrival and extended whilst there never queried at either check in or immigration.
    Im not saying they will check but they can and do, INFO on websites indicate the above information, a guy checking in from KL to BKK next to me with Royal Jordanian was refused because could not show onward travel, he wanted 30 day exemption, some people are lucky others not. Another friend was told point blank do not try to enter TH again by 30 day visa exemption because of visiting his Thai wife IE needs correct visa.
    Can I ask if you traveled on your own ? or with Mrs.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

I just tried calling the two numbers that you are supposed to call for visa enquiries at the Thai embassy in London, both numbers just rang and rang then they were just cut off! I wanted to ask why on their e-visa website, that there was no non immigrant O visa, it let's you select non immigrant OA visa but there isn't a non immigrant O visa to select, looks like I'm better off dealing with the Thai embassy in hull, honestly it a complete shambles anything to do with obtaining a Thai visa is a nightmare
    The complete shambles does not end there im afraid. Hope you get can get sorted.
    bangkok mags

Thanks sisaket, I'm running out of time to sort a visa out
    as I'm off to France end of February to sort the house out ready for renting when I'm in Thailand, the way it's going trying to get a Thai visa I reckon I will end up living in france sooner rather than later!! What's so bloody annoying is that I cannot see the visa I want on the London embassy e-visa site, nobody is answering the phones in the London embassy so I cannot query it with them....simple questions can't be answered because nobody picks the damn phones up!! There doesn't even seem to be any forums on the internet that deal with problems like mine there literally is no one to ask or get ideas from, my patience with all this is wearing very thin

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    Another friend was told point blank do not try to enter TH again by 30 day visa exemption because of visiting his Thai wife IE needs correct visa.

Yes, my wife has settled back in Thailand ahead of me, so I go to visit now 3 or 4 times a year. I have to say each time that the purpose is holiday, because if you say you are visiting your wife, well there is a Visa specifically for that and you risk being refused entry. Bonkers. Last time was 1 week, before that was 4 weeks, and next month I'm going for 2 weeks. With short stays I guess they never question it.

But it shouldn't be like that just to visit your wife.....I'm now facing the prospect of going to hull to get my non immigrant O visa because the e-visa site just doesn't work properly, I have tried on my iPad and on a windows laptop, still I cannot select non immigrant O visa on the drop down box as it only shows non immigrant OA visa!! And nobody answers the bloody phones at the London embassy!!....nobody on here seems to have any idea on how to sort it out so I will try again and if it don't work, then I will be forgetting about Thailand the simplest tasks are made so hard

it let's you select non immigrant OA visa but there isn't a non immigrant O visa to select, looks like I'm better off dealing with the Thai embassy in hull, honestly it a complete shambles anything to do with obtaining a Thai visa is a nightmare
    I don't know about the Non-O from the UK, but changing to an O for the purposes of retirement can only be done within Thailand, so might explain why that doesn't appear on an Embassy website. Apologies if stating the obvious
    'Tis me

Hi Caller, they call it a non immigrant O based on being 50 + it's valid for 90 days which as you say can then be extended in Thailand for 1 year....I'm making a bit of progress today I have spoken to the consulate in hull and I know I can get my non o there no problem I will have to drive from London to hull stay overnight and then go to the consulate the following day. The embassy in London have responded to my email and they are going to check my application to see what's going wrong.

When you get issued your 90 day non immigrant O visa does the 90 days start on day of issue or the day you enter Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    but they can

Hi Caller, they call it a non immigrant O based on being 50 + it's valid for 90 days which as you say can then be extended in Thailand for 1 year....I'm making a bit of progress today I have spoken to the consulate in hull and I know I can get my non o there no problem I will have to drive from London to hull stay overnight and then go to the consulate the following day. The embassy in London have responded to my email and they are going to check my application to see what's going wrong.- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -When you get issued your 90 day non immigrant O visa does the 90 days start on day of issue or the day you enter Thailand?
    the single entry 'O' visa issued outside Thailand is valid for 3 months, on entry into thailand the clock starts day of entry is day1 of 90if you do a conversion to a 'O' visa within Thailand the 90 days start on the day the visa is issued

Steve187, many thanks for your reply I thought as much about when the 90 days countdown started but I wasn't sure. I did get a lot of help from Thai embassy London yesterday, they logged into my e- visa account and sorted out the issues I was having so I'm at the point where I have to upload passport and passport sized photos, I have resized the photos so they meet the requirements but I'm now having problems pasting the documents into the e-visa site, it looks like I have to reset the clipboard in windows 10, I have left it alone at the moment before I launch my laptop out the window!! Frustrating isn't the word, but at least I have the consulate in hull as a back up plan if I can't resolve the problems I'm having with the e-visa site

The payment page works very efficiently, surprise, surprise.

Yes, I'm not surprised at all,....

Steve187, many thanks for your reply I thought as much about when the 90 days countdown started but I wasn't sure. I did get a lot of help from Thai embassy London yesterday, they logged into my e- visa account and sorted out the issues I was having so I'm at the point where I have to upload passport and passport sized photos, I have resized the photos so they meet the requirements but I'm now having problems pasting the documents into the e-visa site, it looks like I have to reset the clipboard in windows 10, I have left it alone at the moment before I launch my laptop out the window!! Frustrating isn't the word, but at least I have the consulate in hull as a back up plan if I can't resolve the problems I'm having with the e-visa site
    i looked at the london e-visa site, but as i live in Lincoln decided to go via Hull for my 'O' married visa, i also don't like to send passport in the post. i have now extended at local immigration for a yearly 'married' extension, i previously had a 'retirement' yearly extension , but as my local office would not change to a 'married' yearly extension, had to start with a fresh 'O' visagood luck

Steve187, I spoke with hull consulate yesterday and the guy on the phone was really helpful and chatty, I said I'm having so much trouble with the application using the evisa web site and he said I'm not alone with the problems hull are getting a lot of enquiries because of the non user friendly London embassy, I said I wanted to fly to Thailand about the 10th may by which time I will be back from France and hopefully my house in London will be sold, he said it would be ok to send my documents at the end of January, to the hull consulate it should then take approximately a week to get the approval to issue the Non immigrant O visa hull will contact me to book an appointment to get the visa in my passport then I'm ready to go, which means I can go to France yo sort the house out there knowing I have the visa in my passport...so far it's been very good service from the hull consulate

Steve187, so you had to get a non O based on marriage rather than change from retirement to marriage? This will be the process I eventually follow, I'm going for the non O based on retirement 50+ once in Thailand I will extend it for 1 year (using an agent so no financial need to be shown) then within that years extension I will get married and then apply for non O based on marriage I will do that conventionally by having the finances in my Thai bank account.
    many thanks for all the replies
    essex boys