Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default ILR questions [Timing]

A couple of questions about ILR ...

When can I start filling out the online ILR SET M form before I actually submit it in the month before the 5 years post arrival date ?

I can meet the financial requirements with my pension alone..Is it worth combining that with my wife's salary or will that just complicate matters..?
    Thanks..

Member สมาชิก

You can start filling it out anytime you want. You can save it at any point and go back to it whenever. I started on my wife’s last week.

I’m only using my salary for the financial requirements, as including the wides just means extra paper work and extra hassle

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I did my wife's I think I remember reading somewhere you can save the online application for up to 10 weeks

Thank you both for your replies..Before I apply I want to understand how to scan documents into PDF files and upload them..If applying for ILR was not stressful enough learning how to scan and produce PDF files and upload them seems mind blowing right now..Having done the spouse visa and FLR (m) the old way they seemed pretty straightforward then but this online method seems beyond my comprehension..

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm lucky enough to have a scanner at work. If you have a Windows based laptop there's a Microsoft "scan" app which basically does it for you if have a scanner to connect to it. If you scan them to your computer make things easier by creating a separate folder in the documents folder on your computer. This makes it easier to find everything when it comes to uploading later. Just be careful of file size as they can't be any larger than 6MB.

If you really are struggling then all the documents can be scanned at the appointment. If you plan on doing this I think you have to select it as an additional service when booking the appointment. Just means it'll be a longer appointment

I have been playing with a scanner someone gave me today and also with PDF files and I must admit I feel a lot more confident now..With a few more days experimenting I hopefully will be OK..

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by tudorowen1 View Post
    I have been playing with a scanner someone gave me today and also with PDF files and I must admit I feel a lot more confident now..With a few more days experimenting I hopefully will be OK..
    I would recommend downloading an app called CamScanner to your phone, it is really easy to use.
    You take a photo of your document using your phone camera and it saves it as a pdf.
    You can crop the edges using it too.

Premium Member

Yes i use this all the time in my job where i have to record documentation on site.
    You can scan Single or Batch.
    I then email them to myself and i have a record on my Laptop.
    Also another nice tool to have on your PC if you want PDF free is something called Cute PDf Writer.
    You can use this to electronically print any other document as a PDF.
    Kingy

When I scan documents must they be uploaded as PDF files or can they be uploaded as JPEGs? And are JPEG exifs another name for JPEGS?

Either are fine. Just make sure you can open and view them before uploading them.