Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Nai Yang beach hotels,room safes.

So looking to book a hotel straight from my flight to Phuket airport for a couple of nights in Nai Yang. But one of the things I look out for in a room is that it has a safe.
    But hardly any seem to....❇❇❇ is wrong with them, I can pick up a decent hotel type safe for around a tenner which is well less then one nights room rate, but no they seem to think it is ok to carry all your documents around with you. Is it just me who thinks this is mad?
    Your thoughts?

I use a money belt. Most hotel safes can be broken into very easily.

Member สมาชิก

Room safes just give a false sense of security. Money belt or bum bag under my tshirt.
    If they can get that off me they've earnt their money lol

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are you sure they don't have them? I don't think I've ever stayed in any hotel in Thailand that doesn't have a safe in the room.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

don't think i have stayed in one with a safe, we travel a few times a year within Thailand, up north and down south, never recall seeing one, some good expensive hotels, and cheaper bungalows etc.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

So why the need to get one now if you haven't previously ? Personally, the only time I used them my money got nicked by the Ladyboy working at the the Reception....so it's a no go for me Money was returned and she was fired on the Spot, thanks to the Boys in Brown

Rookie มือใหม่

Quote Originally Posted by prikphet View Post
    So why the need to get one now if you haven't previously ? Personally, the only time I used them my money got nicked by the Ladyboy working at the the Reception....so it's a no go for me Money was returned and she was fired on the Spot, thanks to the Boys in Brown
    Is the question mark for me? If so I never said I haven't used them before. The opposite to that...they have always been in the room previously, but this is the first time I will have stopped in nai yang and loads do not have them. Which I found odd.
    And no to all of the replies about carrying everything around...flight tickets, passport,insurance policy and a wad of money. No thanks as i have never had a problem with safes being broken into.
    But to each their own i suppose.