Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Old Hand มือเก่า

Default CCTV [brand recommendations]

I'm looking to buy a new CCTV camera for the house in Thailand. Can anyone recommend a good brand. I don't Want to pay the earth, but a decent cctv. I've looked at a American brand called Blink Xt2, but I'm not sure whether a battery operated cctv camera is going to be any good.
    Any recommendations, then please let me know.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

My preference is Reolink Cameras, I have several and as well as being great price, recording to SD Card and high res, I have never had one break on me.

https://store.reolink.com/wifi-security-cameras/

I have the C1 Pro and RLC-410W Wireless Cameras, they both operate at 5Ghz and so are not affected by microwaves or cordless phones, the 2.4Ghz cameras would drop off when used wireless and the neighbours or us used microwave ovens. I have a 24" monitor in the lounge where 8 of the cameras stream too using a cheap < £30 Network Video Recorder. I don't use storage on this as I have 64GB SD cards in each of the cameras. There is also a Reolink app on my Android phone, so at Christmas I was able to see what was going on at home, 150 miles away, on all the cameras. With the monitor I can see all that is happening around the house 24/7 and it's been incredibly useful. The last time I needed it was in December when an Amazon order came through as delivered to a neighbour, even though we were in, using the CCTV I was able to show Amazon that the van pulled up with his foot on the brake, the brake lights were on permanently, the driver used his "device", never removed his foot, never got out of the van, and then, after a couple of minutes drove off. They send a replacement delivery. However, at the start of January they demanded return of the original delivery or they were going to charge me for it. I then sent a further email with some of the video evidence to the ManagingDirector@amazon.co.uk and received an apology (shame no compensation). It has also helped neighbours, the police, assisted in a case of firearms usage and stopped a lot of petty crime/damage in the area. I am still amazed at the price of the cameras with the features they offer, and the only thing I think they could improve upon on the 410WS ones is to have the option to turn off the IR LEDs by software as I use mine inside the windows and have to open them up and disconnected the LEDs to stop the reflection on the windows at night. The C1 Pro allows for this as they are an "indoor" camera.

This is a photo of the Monitor tonight (I reduced from 4MB to 278KB), each of these pictures is recording at 1080p on the SD card though and so are a lot clearer as individual streams...
    IMG_20200124_232732.jpg

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Our house in Thailand has Hi-View gear, and it seems good. It was professionally installed, several cameras, Android and Apple apps, and saves to the cloud so that footage can be replayed, as well as being watched live.

Quote Originally Posted by te2008 View Post
    I'm looking to buy a new CCTV camera for the house in Thailand. Can anyone recommend a good brand. I don't Want to pay the earth, but a decent cctv. I've looked at a American brand called Blink Xt2, but I'm not sure whether a battery operated cctv camera is going to be any good.
    Any recommendations, then please let me know.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    You definitely don't want a battery operated CCTV if you can avoid it.

I have an expensive Acti on the side of the house and an Amcrest on the back of the house. You can buy a whole set up with an NVR. I recommended an Annke four camera set up to my wife's boss and installed it all for him. Do you need outdoor cameras or indoor cameras?

Lots of good brands around now as so many are very, very similar. Ideally use Ethernet cable to link the cameras to the NVR box that stores the footage. Many of the systems with an NVR come with an internal hard disk but some you have to buy the disk separately. Easy to fit but it adds to the price. The bigger the hard disk, the more footage it can store.

Wifi is ok but is nowhere near as reliable as a cabled system. Minimum 2 megapixels. Most are excellent in good light. Not many are very good in low light and that is when you are likely to need it. Amcrest is also a good brand. One of the best brands by far is Arlo but more expensive. Pretty easy to set up nowadays.

An NVR can plug into your TV with an HDMI cable. If you hear a noise, just change the source on the TV to the CCTV and see what’s going on outside. If you don't buy a system with an NVR you will need a PC or Mac to store the data and it's a lot of data. Of course the computer needs to be in 24/7. Some CCTV cameras have a slot for an SD or micro SD card. If somebody runs off with the camera, you have no footage.

Many, many cameras and systems on www.lazada.co.th. Much, much cheaper to buy in Thailand.

Wifi is ok but is nowhere near as reliable as a cabled system. Minimum 2 megapixels. Most are excellent in good light. Not many are very good in low light and that is when you are likely to need it. Amcrest is also a good brand. One of the best brands by far is Arlo but more expensive. Pretty easy to set up nowadays.

An NVR can plug into your TV with an HDMI cable. If you hear a noise, just change the source on the TV to the CCTV and see what’s going on outside.
    I agree that the 2.4Ghz Wifi cameras do leave a lot to be desired, the Reolink that I use also operate on 5Ghz or via Ethernet cable. I found that the wifi on them was excellent and so use them wirelessly. The NVR (one like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16CH-5MP-...TpbmrZtxW5iVkw) is connected to the router via Ethernet cable though and I have the RGB port connected to the monitor and the HDMI connected to the TV (see pictures) this allows us to see all that is going on outside and then switch to the TV for bigger picture (TV also has zoom and so can zoom in on areas of interest). Have found that at night the cameras work well without using IR, and so as mentioned, have turned that off on the cameras. Cameras only record on motion and the one at the back door, where it is dark, has a PIR security light and so when that detects anything, it lights up and triggers the CCTV. I could connect a Disk Drive to the NVR to also record, but just utilise the SD Cards, 64GB in each camera and so have around 1 to 7 days recording depending on motion triggers. I can then connect to the camera and download recordings onto PC as and when required. These are pictures taken tonight when replying to this post. Being near the City centre it's never pitch black outside apart from near the back door, bottom centre picture on the monitor. When the PIR light is triggered though, it's just like daylight :-)

CCTV & CCTV via NVR.jpgCCTV Zoom & CCTV via NVR.jpgTV & CCTV via NVR.jpg

Here's a picture of a neighbour fly tipping a TV box on another neighbour across the road at 5 to 1 this morning...
    FlyTipping.jpg
    Last edited by KhunIanB-UK; 25th Jan 2020 at 23:16.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Buying a foscam camera in the UK and taking it to Thailand, fixed with a European two pin plug.
    I said it won't work? My wife said it will?
    Who's right? Me or try he Mrs.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Buy a plug adaptor
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by -Keith- View Post
    Buy a plug adaptor
    I did. I brought to one from a well known pharmacy here in the UK. I took the adaptor to Thailand. Within one month, that adaptor caught fire.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

I am looking for a good wired CCTV system, a lot of my South African colleagues use Zmodo and really rate them, but I can't seem to find it in Thailand, does anyone have any ideas? Or another good wired system

Thanks