Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  86
Likes Likes:  318
Dislikes Dislikes:  6
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nickj1000 View Post
    I am shocked to see how little the UK has done to prepare for the inevitable arrival of this virus. It is embarrassing for me here in Thailand to see that the UK is only just stepping up it's vigilance.
    I can't treat you seriously when you make comments like this. What did Thailand actually do? Yes, people wear masks although they are running out and Herr General has now said masks will only be imported from Countries where there are no cases of Covid-19 - come again? Plus the racist health minister who lambasted farangs for not taking masks from his filthy polluted hands has now conceded they don't really help after all. They are currently trying to trace over a 1000 Thais who have already returned from Korean hot spots, who have had no testing whatsoever. Not to mention the confusion over the 5000+ Thai's still there (illegally). They took no action against the many Chinese that continued to enter Thailand even after China blocked all tour groups from travelling. Locally, there were reports of hostility to such Chinese. Yes, it's good they have sanitisers everywhere, and have increased cleaning of public areas in the main Malls, but to my mind, it's more luck than judgement that the numbers are as low as claimed. If you don't test, you don't find. But that applies everywhere.

Where Thailand does benefit is from a professional health service just going about doing what they have to do irrespective of the rants of the clowns who govern them. I had a minor op at a hospital here where a diagnosed sufferer was in quarantine and it was business as usual. And it was through such medics that the one reported death became known about.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/1870269/trust-deficit-fuels-fears

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/1871789/challenge-of-contagion

'Tis me

This is now a fast moving issue in Thailand, so quite hard to keep up.

This new report from the BP is interesting for a few reasons, not least this:

The Public Health Ministry also had 3,895 patients under investigation, of which 1,576 remained at hospitals.

I personally have not heard of this before.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1872224/four-new-local-covid-19-cases
    'Tis me

Member สมาชิก

As you say it must be luck that the numbers are low
    Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    I can't treat you seriously when you make comments like this. What did Thailand actually do? Yes, people wear masks although they are running out and Herr General has now said masks will only be imported from Countries where there are no cases of Covid-19 - come again? Plus the racist health minister who lambasted farangs for not taking masks from his filthy polluted hands has now conceded they don't really help after all. They are currently trying to trace over a 1000 Thais who have already returned from Korean hot spots, who have had no testing whatsoever. Not to mention the confusion over the 5000+ Thai's still there (illegally). They took no action against the many Chinese that continued to enter Thailand even after China blocked all tour groups from travelling. Locally, there were reports of hostility to such Chinese. Yes, it's good they have sanitisers everywhere, and have increased cleaning of public areas in the main Malls, but to my mind, it's more luck than judgement that the numbers are as low as claimed. If you don't test, you don't find. But that applies everywhere.

Where Thailand does benefit is from a professional health service just going about doing what they have to do irrespective of the rants of the clowns who govern them. I had a minor op at a hospital here where a diagnosed sufferer was in quarantine and it was business as usual. And it was through such medics that the one reported death became known about.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/1870269/trust-deficit-fuels-fears

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/1871789/challenge-of-contagion

Old Hand มือเก่า

sorry guys had a few beers maybe need to keep of the internet and go to bed early ,,,,,,,,i am sorry and feel like a idiot ...thanks for bearing with me .....maybe have a samsung beer tester gets past 3 go to bed lol .hope i can be forgiven ...

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ PhuketPhil's Avatar

Anyway just to chill out the thread

Phil

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Cannot seem to buy any alcohol hand cleaner here or masks for that matter in the Sattahip area, though there are some hand cleansers around at various shops and markets etc. so using them when possible. Soap and water is the only real option for now.
    Had to smile at MAKRO's check on entry my temperature was 34.3 really??? and the speck of hand gel wasn't enough to do even my finger nails. Pointless!

I do think the heat will have some effect on the virus, fingers crossed. The trouble is we all know you cannot trust the government to tell the full truth so we are always doubting everything that is said whether true or not.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I was also wondering about transmition of the virus through community swimming pools. I've done some searching on the web but haven't found anything. So I shall be taking my daily dip soon, not too worried but would like the info if it is available.

DAS, it’s not only Thailand where you can’t get masks. I’m cutting a wall out on Monday and can’t even get a pack from the merchants for the laborers!

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ PhuketPhil's Avatar

I noticed a run on Toilet paper yesterday at my local Morrison’s ....no pun intended.
    I deduced that people were thinking ahead in the event they have to self quarantine.
    Anyway I went for option two , Beer.
    No need for rubbing alcohol am going for the Heath Robinson method of capillary action of alcohol from my belly through the pores of my skin thus giving me an outer protective shell.
    Phil

Old Hand มือเก่า

Samsung, it takes my mind off all the doom and gloom so no sweat. It's always good to get a debate going on here.

You don't actually need alcohol based hand cleaner at all. Good old fashioned soap and water does the job just as well, if not better. Door handles, fridge handles and the worst of all is money. All swarming with bacteria.

Most masks are a total waste of time too but if you have the Corona virus it might prevent you infecting somebody else if you cough or sneeze.

I rarely use cash at all and usually pay using Apple Pay on my phone and have done for years. When I go swimming after I have towelled off, got dressed, dried my hair etc I give my hands a good wash.

In one of the newspapers yesterday there was a report that the UK government has been the best so far out of all governments informing people about the virus, balanced against creating panic. You wont find it in MSM though. It doesn't fit their agenda.

Blog Entries

This is now a fast moving issue in Thailand, so quite hard to keep up.

This new report from the BP is interesting for a few reasons, not least this:

The Public Health Ministry also had 3,895 patients under investigation, of which 1,576 remained at hospitals.

I personally have not heard of this before.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1872224/four-new-local-covid-19-cases

It was included in a link posted on 2 March:

Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    The special announcement Re - Dept for Disease Control (TH) pdf : 29FB20.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumoni...5_290263_1.pdf
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    Stay home. Stay alert. Save lives.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Lots of cash being directed towards vaccines and help by the UK and USA. I actually like the way Boris has taken a matter of fact approach to the situation without scaring half the nation to death. I daresay the good old fashioned stiff upper lip is what is required when so much garbage and fear is being touted.

The locals were up in arms tonight as the Cheers Beer ladies competing to sell their jugs of beer were all clad in face masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It was included in a link posted on 2 March:
    Yes, thanks for that. I asked elsewhere about this and again, some had seen it, most not. Those figures have since increased.

There is a bit of a mood shift here now, in my view and I would welcome hearing the views of others that are here. The media and Thai's are beginning to question the low level of infection in Thailand, considering they remained a major tourist hub for people from hot spots until they all left, basically. I returned to Hua Hin today and it was like a ghost town where I visited. One of the major malls here is reducing the operating hours of some of its services from tomorrow (dept. store and food courts).

There is also major consternation about the Thais illegally working in Korea, largely in their hot spot area, being allowed to return (how can they stop them?), probably not helped by media reports of the activity of one of those already returned, who I believe has the virus - Maybe not. Either way, her celebrations with others upon her return have led to everywhere she went to celebrate being closed and cleansed thoroughly - so much for self-quarantine.

I went back to the eye clinic today where I last reported the doc and his two assistants were all masked up, as they all had minor cold symptoms - today, they were all mask free! As was I - the air quality was okay.
    'Tis me

Member สมาชิก

I am not sure about this but if you google about normal flu for anywhere I think they recommend you do not swim if you have it because you can pass it on. My condo the key in sathon has asked people not to use it. They clean the pool every night with salt water but not chlorine. Gym still open thank heavens with sanitizers everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    I was also wondering about transmition of the virus through community swimming pools. I've done some searching on the web but haven't found anything. So I shall be taking my daily dip soon, not too worried but would like the info if it is available.
    - - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

My girlfriend says that there is a debate about getting them back from Korea in government but i do not know the details. We also know that about 1500 Thai's are being followed for the virus. These things are not secrets but bigger numbers are new to me
    Yes, thanks for that. I asked elsewhere about this and again, some had seen it, most not. Those figures have since increased.

There is a bit of a mood shift here now, in my view and I would welcome hearing the views of others that are here. The media and Thai's are beginning to question the low level of infection in Thailand, considering they remained a major tourist hub for people from hot spots until they all left, basically. I returned to Hua Hin today and it was like a ghost town where I visited. One of the major malls here is reducing the operating hours of some of its services from tomorrow (dept. store and food courts).

There is also major consternation about the Thais illegally working in Korea, largely in their hot spot area, being allowed to return (how can they stop them?), probably not helped by media reports of the activity of one of those already returned, who I believe has the virus - Maybe not. Either way, her celebrations with others upon her return have led to everywhere she went to celebrate being closed and cleansed thoroughly - so much for self-quarantine.

I went back to the eye clinic today where I last reported the doc and his two assistants were all masked up, as they all had minor cold symptoms - today, they were all mask free! As was I - the air quality was okay.

Old Hand มือเก่า

was in the supermarket yesterday the old people are building there stockpiles ie corn beef, tuna ,tinned ham ,spam god bless them it most be a worry ,,I mean reading whats going on in Italy this is getting faster .
    But i am convinced it does not like the sun .unless governments are covering it up.

Interesting that the average age of the deaths in Italy is 81 !!!

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    But i am convinced it does not like the sun .unless governments are covering it up.
    I do not believe that we have the technology to cover up the sun.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ N Barton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -Keith- View Post
    I do not believe that we have the technology to cover up the sun.
    Oh am quite certain there will be a conspiracy theory lunatic somewhere who believes that they do
    We'll never win the Premier League,
    We'll never win a Cup,
    We'll still follow UNITED !!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by N Barton View Post
    Oh am quite certain there will be a conspiracy theory lunatic somewhere who believes that they do
    And it wouldn’t surprise me if he lives in a white house
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    Stay home. Stay alert. Save lives.