Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  86
Likes Likes:  318
Dislikes Dislikes:  6
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Old Hand มือเก่า

Nick, I wish my dad would take such care. He's 83 had one heart attack and smokes over 40 cigs a day. "If I stopped smoking now I'd be dead in a week." To quote Snr. Barnet.
    He only goes to Gregg's and Morrison's every day but the risk is there.

Blog Entries

Below is a link to the Thai Department for Disease Control's dedicated website where you will find the latest information regarding the coronavirus outbreak and associated travel advice.

For travellers from the UK, the current advice is:

1. Travelers with fever and at least one of the following symptoms: runny nose, sore throat, and difficulty breathing must notify disease control officers at the quarantine office immediately upon arrival in Thailand.

2. All travelers will pass a fever screening through a thermal scan. Travelers who meet the criteria of surveillance will be referred to a designated hospital.

3. All travelers are recommended to implement control for observation (meaning supervision without quarantine) in order to ensure self-monitoring at their residence for no less than 14 days and comply with the recommendations.

Source: Thai Department for Disease Control's dedicated COVID-19 website

NOTE: If you are transiting through airports outside the UK you should check for any travel restrictions or requirements that may be in operation for passengers passing through those countries.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    Stay home. Stay alert. Save lives.

Member สมาชิก

Hi Barnet. I understand what you are saying but you can only advise and not control for sure. Wish you both well matey
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnet View Post
    Nick, I wish my dad would take such care. He's 83 had one heart attack and smokes over 40 cigs a day. "If I stopped smoking now I'd be dead in a week." To quote Snr. Barnet.
    He only goes to Gregg's and Morrison's every day but the risk is there.
    - - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Good stuff. Came from samui today. they checked my temperature and gave me hand sterilizer. When i got to my sathorn condo they checked my temperature again and showed me the result
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Below is a link to the Thai Department for Disease Control's dedicated website where you will find the latest information regarding the coronavirus outbreak and associated travel advice.

For travellers from the UK, the current advice is:
    1. Travelers with fever and at least one of the following symptoms: runny nose, sore throat, and difficulty breathing must notify disease control officers at the quarantine office immediately upon arrival in Thailand.

2. All travelers will pass a fever screening through a thermal scan. Travelers who meet the criteria of surveillance will be referred to a designated hospital.

3. All travelers are recommended to implement control for observation (meaning supervision without quarantine) in order to ensure self-monitoring at their residence for no less than 14 days and comply with the recommendations.

Source: Thai Department for Disease Control's dedicated COVID-19 website

NOTE: If you are transiting through airports outside the UK you should check for any travel restrictions or requirements that may be in operation for passengers passing through those countries.

Rookie มือใหม่

I’ve just arrived with my wife and daughter from the uk. We don’t show any symptoms. But does that mean we must self isolate and report every day for 14 days? I don’t know 100 per cent but a policeman and doctor are coming to my parents in law house to do a health check. If we are ok , are we still suppose to isolate for 14 days?

Old Hand มือเก่า

Hi Rhod. My honest advice would be to do so anyway. Symptoms don't show for weeks on end anyway. Regardless of competent/incompetent governments the best way to deal with this threat is to show common sense and consideration. If it were me I would avoid any enclosed areas and limit travel to only which is vital.

Member สมาชิก

Agree with this 100 per cent. I am home in 3 weeks and will restrict myself to shopping for food when i have to and watching the tv and reading books for a couple of weeks. Boring but all for the best for everyone i think. Bringing plenty of sanitizer with me as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnet View Post
    Hi Rhod. My honest advice would be to do so anyway. Symptoms don't show for weeks on end anyway. Regardless of competent/incompetent governments the best way to deal with this threat is to show common sense and consideration. If it were me I would avoid any enclosed areas and limit travel to only which is vital.

Old Hand มือเก่า

i give you some insight to whats happening in the UK the skies are blue and clear i have counted 3 airlines in them today the time almost 2.00 pm and i have been up since 6.00 am and i live on the flight path to Manchester and one of them was way up .we used to play a game on the M 6 spot the TESLA now its spot the plane .
    And me nick if i was there and all the info is correct it seems to have passed that zone now i would be staying there lol

make that 5

Member สมาชิก

My lovely wife and I are talking about this, we have a condo here which she looks after for us while I am away in the UK. I took a risk when i came out here as Thailand was the number 2 virus hit spot at the time but i had to come. Tricky one now but i will monitor what happens. My son is a musician in London, he tells that all his gigs have all been cancelled. QUOTE=Samsung;285680]i give you some insight to whats happening in the UK the skies are blue and clear i have counted 3 airlines in them today the time almost 2.00 pm and i have been up since 6.00 am and i live on the flight path to Manchester and one of them was way up .we used to play a game on the M 6 spot the TESLA now its spot the plane .
    And me nick if i was there and all the info is correct it seems to have passed that zone now i would be staying there lol

make that 5[/QUOTE]

Blog Entries

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by barnet View Post
    hi rhod. My honest advice would be to do so anyway. Symptoms don't show for weeks on end anyway. Regardless of competent/incompetent governments the best way to deal with this threat is to show common sense and consideration. If it were me i would avoid any enclosed areas and limit travel to only which is vital.
    AND wash hands thoroughly and regularly!
    Tobias - โทเบียส

The impact is being felt everywhere our cruise was cancelled on Saturday as we were scheduled to stop at 4 Spanish ports a bit gutted but we have been promised a full refund

Local shops are short of toilet rolls and pasta but still quite busy

We live in a quiet cul de sac and our immediate neighbors are over 70 and at least 4 are diabetic so some health concerns especially if we need to self isolate otherwise everyone seems happy enough. I personally decided I would like to catch the virus asap as it seems to make you immune assuming you survive
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

We are supposed to be flying out to Thailand on the 31st and staying for three weeks. Bangkok-Buriram-Pattaya-Phuket-Bangkok. Obviously flights havent been cancelled so unless that happens we will have to either go and possibly self isolate in the first hotel (I guess..?) or lose the thousands if pounds that I have paid up front for the flights, hotels and rental car by choosing not to travel at all. What are the resorts like at the moment? I cant imagine it would even be very enjoyable heading to bars and restaurants at the moment!

We have two sons who are 4 and 7 travelling with us.

Such poor timing on our part unfortunately.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Samsung a 32 hike in cases yesterday attributed to one person. I don't think it will pass that simply, as much as I wish it would. The numbers out in public this evening were much lower but that could be because it is Monday. Also, this stinks of fake news - Blue skies in Manchester....Never!!!

Matt, if it were me, and this has been said before, that people on here are not experts so make your own decision, I would not fancy staying in a hotel room with kids for two weeks. The only thing stopping me from returning to China at present is the same prospect. Thailand being Thailand I imagine the rules of self-isolation are what you want to make of them which scares the hell out of me. In China it means not leaving your room at all, having groceries delivered three times a week and online delivery as and where you can get it. We have assigned Chinese reps to check up on us daily partly out of welfare but also to ensure we do not break the rules. My colleagues are returning now and are saying the wait to be tested at the airport is between 5 and 12 hours depending on where you embarked from. Imagine a family with young kids waiting that out.

Another point to consider is should an outbreak occur in Thailand it could be catastrophic. How would the UK treat the likes of us if we intend to return?

Healthcare costs. Check your insurance covers you and your family fully, and I mean fully. I don't wish to scare you away just echoing my own concerns about returning to China.

Again just my personal feeling is that people just need to stay put for the next few months. The government are warning against any non-essential travel which includes holidays and in my case the desire to return home. I have lost a small fortune by my standards in cancelled flights but I think one of the effects that will hit us all is financial. I'd rather be safe and out of pocket than in a situation with my family that I have no idea how to remedy.

As for the resorts, I heard Pattaya is business as usual and Phuket was up and running the same week after the Tsunami hit.

Old Hand มือเก่า

in my eyes we have just been taken back to the 80 s not just the stock market the world .

i am sorry barnet NO FAKE NEWS
    yes blue sky's in Manchester and not a single plane in them you want my BI-NOC U LAS...
    There is a few but i am guessing around 5 per cent of usual ,,and how many people are connected to this business worldwide .this is serious
    Last edited by Samsung; 16th Mar 2020 at 16:55.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rhod26 View Post
    I’ve just arrived with my wife and daughter from the uk. We don’t show any symptoms. But does that mean we must self isolate and report every day for 14 days? I don’t know 100 per cent but a policeman and doctor are coming to my parents in law house to do a health check. If we are ok , are we still suppose to isolate for 14 days?
    If you are not displaying symptoms then you are permitted to move around freely. You would have been advised on arrival at BKK if you were to self quarantine. You will find more information by following the link at the bottom of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by MattM85 View Post
    We are supposed to be flying out to Thailand on the 31st and staying for three weeks. Bangkok-Buriram-Pattaya-Phuket-Bangkok. Obviously flights havent been cancelled so unless that happens we will have to either go and possibly self isolate in the first hotel (I guess..?) or lose the thousands if pounds that I have paid up front for the flights, hotels and rental car by choosing not to travel at all. What are the resorts like at the moment? I cant imagine it would even be very enjoyable heading to bars and restaurants at the moment!...
    With respect to the quarantine issue see my reply above and the link below. There is no need to self quarantine if you are not displaying symptoms.

The UK travel advice has not changed regarding Thailand and so flights from the UK will continue. If you are disinclined to travel, some airlines are being very flexible and allowing refunds, credit-notes or date changes.

If the UK travel advice changes and advises only essential travel to Thailand then flights will likely be cancelled and, if not, you should be able to cancel without loss.

Please come back to ask again if you do decide to cancel/change your trip and the airline doesn't play ball.

The link to the Thai Department of Disease Control for information on quarantine requirement for UK visitor is below:

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumoni...d_outbreak.php
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Thanks very much Barnet and Tobias. It is so hard to know what to think about anything at the moment. I had an unexpected day off work today (not sickness related! Haha) and all I could do was mope around the house worrying about the holiday! If we do happen to develop symptoms of the illness then of course we wouldnt travel, but what you have said about the 14 day quarantine period is what I thought originally Tobias, before a few hours of internet browsing anyway...

Member สมาชิก

I am in Thailand, bangkok having just extended my stay. I was due back next week but postponed the flight for another 2 weeks. Travel Trolley hit me for 220.00 after bringing the price down from 285 because i would not bite. I have asked Eva Air and Travel Trolly to break down the fees but neither has replied. The reason i postponed my return was because of concerns of lack of policing at Heathrow letting Italian tourists through which has already had repercussions. I think this was worse than Chinese tourists coming through without checks because at least China had locked down the worst cities at the time. I wonder now if i may be stopped from travelling back in 3 weeks although Eva air have continued China flights regardless even though Taiwan banned Thais from entry. The virus is a really bad thing but the stuff going on with governments and airlines etc has been quite bewildering at times clearly with a financial influence although things are changing big time now. Meantime my Thai wife is begging me not to go for fear of the UK problems but I also have responsibilities in the uk. Just thoughts really about travel and the things that can affect your plans at them moment. One thing is for sure that I wish i had not rebooked my flight, it was better to be a no show and book one way when the time was right. My comments are nothing of course compared to stuff going on at the moment. Cheers to all

Quote Originally Posted by MattM85 View Post
    Thanks very much Barnet and Tobias. It is so hard to know what to think about anything at the moment. I had an unexpected day off work today (not sickness related! Haha) and all I could do was mope around the house worrying about the holiday! If we do happen to develop symptoms of the illness then of course we wouldnt travel, but what you have said about the 14 day quarantine period is what I thought originally Tobias, before a few hours of internet browsing anyway...

Member สมาชิก

P.S. Caught up fully with news now and i see that the UK government have moved from a passive reaction to a big plan of voluntary self isolation amongst both the well and those with symptoms and total self isolation for those over 70. Very hard for everybody but slow action in the beginning to hold things back has now made this very important and I agree with it. They changed their medial assessment based upon computer modelling within a few days. I think many of us here could have told them the real prospects for this virus without any computers or senior scientists present. But there we go, at least now they are putting the right hats on. It is bound to go up but with strong action and leadership maybe it will start to go down again within a month. Fingers crossed for all

Old Hand มือเก่า

Default Flying to Thailand - Covid 19

Is anyone flying out to Thailand next month?
    Because with this virus going round, would Thai Airways or Eva Air cancel flights and if so would we get our money back?
    If not then would we spend 14 days in isolation in BKK? If so, would it be worth going for three weeks.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

te2008, look at my post #294 which should answer your last two questions.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by nickj1000 View Post
    P.S. Caught up fully with news now and i see that the UK government have moved from a passive reaction to a big plan of voluntary self isolation amongst both the well and those with symptoms and total self isolation for those over 70. Very hard for everybody but slow action in the beginning to hold things back has now made this very important and I agree with it. They changed their medial assessment based upon computer modelling within a few days. I think many of us here could have told them the real prospects for this virus without any computers or senior scientists present. But there we go, at least now they are putting the right hats on. It is bound to go up but with strong action and leadership maybe it will start to go down again within a month. Fingers crossed for all

Fingers crossed indeed. If there is one thing this virus has taught mankind it is just how filthy some of us have become. I certainly hope that when this is all over there are lessons learnt. Some habits need to be put to bed forever. Spitting in public is one that comes to mind immediately.