Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  112
Likes Likes:  411
Dislikes Dislikes:  6
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Woke up this morning at 6.09am and felt like death, sore throat and glands were really swollen around my throat and a bit of a cough. Bearing in mind I hadn't gone outside at all since the irritating Tesco visit on Saturday I wondered what the hell was going on. I'd being feeling tired during the week and had had naps on Sunday and particularly after work on Tuesday when just had to go to bed for a couple of hours.

I was really concerned on how ill and how quickly so thought now might be the right time to get tested and so went online and booked for test at the Ricoh Arena and also included Aom and Kelly (15) at the same time. The earliest appointment was at 8.00 to 8.30am at the Ricoh Arena, just up the road in Coventry.

Had to provide email and telephone numbers for all those to be tested and I was sent a QR code along with a textual code. Saw that you didn't need to print or have on phone, but could simply write a note of the textual code that could be used at the test centre, so wrote this on a bit of paper in big letters. ID needed to, so got all our passports. We all piled in the car, first time since 18th March that the others had been out, and arrived at the Ricoh Arena at 7.55am.

There were already people working and accepting cars into the test area. When it come to our turn I showed the guy the textual code, but he said it would aneed to be the QR code. So I got my phone and showed QR code and he said that was only for me, not Aom and Kelly. Pulled to one side to let others through and after a bit of discussion I thought better check Aom and Kelly's emails and hey presto the QR codes were in there for them, this could have been made clear on the test request website to improve on things, but it was the only hiccup of then passing through to complete the test. Once inside, it's extremely well organised and they had cue cards which include telephone numbers to call at different stages, including confirming that we agree for 15 year old that we'd booked for a test, to be able to take the test.

We opened the test packs in the car and followed the provided instructions, the test does make you gag and at one stage all 3 of us were gagging during the 10 seconds that you swab around the tonsils, this was then followed by about 15 seconds up the nose. Swab then placed in container and bar codes appropriately stuck to container and sealed bag. We were then guided towards the exit, where they get you to call another number, place a big bin by your window, step out the way, then you lower the window and place in the bin, close window and then drive off. Should be 2 days before results are provided. All over and done with at 8.29am.

The rest of the day has been spent feeling hot, bothered and with a splitting headache at times to a nagging headache at others, but was also able to carry on with working from home to prepare for work to have a smoother bank holiday weekend. Aom, Kelly and James (4 so too young for test) hot, but otherwise okay, and all went for an early night tonight.

Getting all the more annoyed with all those that are not treating the lock down as they should though

Oh dear Ian I hope you feel better soon!! As for people not respecting lockdown I think it is only going to get worse. People are bored.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    I think we have to accept that Thailand is not affected as bad as Europe, why?
    Was Europe and the States already experiencing a bad flu season. The Center for Infectious Disease Research had been reporting in September 2019 that early signs of a bad 2019/20 flu season were deeply worrisome. In December the US had seen its earliest start to the winter flu season in 15 years.

Scientist in Italy have said, there was a significant increase in people being hospitalised with flu and pneumonia in Milan and Lombardy during the last quater of 2019.

https://www.infectioncontroltoday.co...gEgWUiwt-Yko5c

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/cold-...-says-n1097651

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-he...-idUKKBN21D2IT

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Does it mean that they are useless or not up to UK standards ?? I can vouch for the poor standard of the Chinese masks. My wife bought one hundred from a friend and the string just breaks, like they are factory rejections or something. 1200 baht down the swanny. I know as well the British Government paid for a load of Chinese tests that don't work either. This is what happens when you panic because you are late and trying to keep the press complaints down

Quote Originally Posted by walshie View Post
    Thing is Marshall, in goods produced abroad unscrupulous companies sometimes falsify the kitemark and it is only occasionally discovered by border force. I'm not saying this is the case here but people should still be careful with anything made abroad.

https://support.ce-check.eu/hc/en-us...se-Export-Mark
    - - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Thanks for the info Ian, hope all is well

Quote Originally Posted by KhunIanB-UK View Post
    Woke up this morning at 6.09am and felt like death, sore throat and glands were really swollen around my throat and a bit of a cough. Bearing in mind I hadn't gone outside at all since the irritating Tesco visit on Saturday I wondered what the hell was going on. I'd being feeling tired during the week and had had naps on Sunday and particularly after work on Tuesday when just had to go to bed for a couple of hours.

I was really concerned on how ill and how quickly so thought now might be the right time to get tested and so went online and booked for test at the Ricoh Arena and also included Aom and Kelly (15) at the same time. The earliest appointment was at 8.00 to 8.30am at the Ricoh Arena, just up the road in Coventry.

Had to provide email and telephone numbers for all those to be tested and I was sent a QR code along with a textual code. Saw that you didn't need to print or have on phone, but could simply write a note of the textual code that could be used at the test centre, so wrote this on a bit of paper in big letters. ID needed to, so got all our passports. We all piled in the car, first time since 18th March that the others had been out, and arrived at the Ricoh Arena at 7.55am.

There were already people working and accepting cars into the test area. When it come to our turn I showed the guy the textual code, but he said it would aneed to be the QR code. So I got my phone and showed QR code and he said that was only for me, not Aom and Kelly. Pulled to one side to let others through and after a bit of discussion I thought better check Aom and Kelly's emails and hey presto the QR codes were in there for them, this could have been made clear on the test request website to improve on things, but it was the only hiccup of then passing through to complete the test. Once inside, it's extremely well organised and they had cue cards which include telephone numbers to call at different stages, including confirming that we agree for 15 year old that we'd booked for a test, to be able to take the test.

We opened the test packs in the car and followed the provided instructions, the test does make you gag and at one stage all 3 of us were gagging during the 10 seconds that you swab around the tonsils, this was then followed by about 15 seconds up the nose. Swab then placed in container and bar codes appropriately stuck to container and sealed bag. We were then guided towards the exit, where they get you to call another number, place a big bin by your window, step out the way, then you lower the window and place in the bin, close window and then drive off. Should be 2 days before results are provided. All over and done with at 8.29am.

The rest of the day has been spent feeling hot, bothered and with a splitting headache at times to a nagging headache at others, but was also able to carry on with working from home to prepare for work to have a smoother bank holiday weekend. Aom, Kelly and James (4 so too young for test) hot, but otherwise okay, and all went for an early night tonight.

Getting all the more annoyed with all those that are not treating the lock down as they should though

Really worrying Boris talking about easing lockdown with infections going up. The death rate is at least 10 per cent and there were over 5000 new cases yesterday. I do not know if i have all the facts but i hear they are talking about opening beer gardens as long as you are 2 meters apart, they must be crazy, 5 pints later and nobody will care. No consultation with Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland either and trying to make Sturgeon tow the line. Maybe i have some facts wrong ???

Quote Originally Posted by walshie View Post
    Oh dear Ian I hope you feel better soon!! As for people not respecting lockdown I think it is only going to get worse. People are bored.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

@KhunIanB-UK Hope the results are in your favour Ian
    all the best
    Wayne

Nick,

You have pretty much ALL of your facts wrong

The death rate is nowhere near 10%. Averaged out across the age groups, it's between 2% and 3%. Up until recently the UK was only testing people with severe symptoms.

The government haven't even announced their plans for easing lock down yet. There's not a chance in hell of pubs being allowed to open.

The regional governments have been heavily involved in discussions with the UK government at Cobra level. The desire is for all regions to act in unison.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Thanks

Woke up this morning at 6.45 feeling a bit sweaty. The headache is gone and glands are more settled down, just feels and makes me sound like I've got a bad cold at the moment, a few coughs, but nowhere near as bad as yesterday. One of the other strange things had on Wednesday night was terrible indigestion and lots of wind, took a Ranitidine and that helped, all I had to eat yesterday was a couple of rolls at 4pm and some salted peanuts before bed so stomachs still a bit grumbly. Aom and James woke up, both feeling hot and itchy, and Kelly's still sleeping, so all a bit better today. Will let you know how long/when the test results are back.

From the majority of what I see about people out and about on lock down around our area, it's not that they are bored, it's more a case of they just don't care because they are either too selfish or too stupid or both AND the enforcement is so namby pamby that they see no consequences or little consequence to their actions.

A couple of examples here where dumping your rubbish at another persons property rather than taking it home with you is considered as acceptable and the same goes for using a neighbours car as a seat whilst flashing your cash and "gangster" style attitude around is more fun on the street rather than indoors...

Some people just don't care!

What Lockdown We just don't care.jpg

Looks like not just in our area too:-

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/06/teens...home-12662204/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Keith- View Post
    Nick,

The death rate is nowhere near 10%. Averaged out across the age groups, it's between 2% and 3%. Up until recently the UK was only testing people with severe symptoms.

The government haven't even announced their plans for easing lock down yet. There's not a chance in hell of pubs being allowed to open.

The regional governments have been heavily involved in discussions with the UK government at Cobra level. The desire is for all regions to act in unison.
    Quite.

John Edmunds, the Professor of Infectious Disease Modelling at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, appeared at the House of Commons Science and Technology Select Committee. The Daily Telegraph's report on that evidence quotes the professor as saying "... The epidemic in the community has shrunk really considerably over the last five or six weeks – the lockdown has worked in that regard – but what we're seeing is this continuing epidemic in hospitals and care homes."

Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...y-threatening/
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Hi Kith. Not sure all my facts are wrong. The Welsh government have jumped the gun and made there announcement over easing of lockdown as below. There was clearly some unease about what boris is going to say but it may have been newspaper alarmism i don't know. The pub bit i heard was that they were looking at the beer gardens but hopefully just false rumour although i read it on a BBC article

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-52584690

The death rate I am referring to us the number of notified increases in infections compared to the deaths on the same day and these are always above 10%. It will come down as the amount of testing goes up that includes people who are not unwell like the NHS and care workers and positive people get isolated but it will take a time to come down. There were 4649 new cases yesterday and 626 deaths.

Nick,

Quote Originally Posted by nickj1000 View Post
    The pub bit i heard was that they were looking at the beer gardens but hopefully just false rumour although i read it on a BBC article

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-52584690
    Where's the "pub bit" in that article? All I see is mention of garden centres, nothing to do with pubs.
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Not sure all my facts are wrong. The Welsh government have jumped the gun and made there announcement over easing of lockdown.....
    That's your opinion, not a fact. I've not seen or heard anyone suggest that the Welsh have jumped the gun.

The death rate I am referring to us the number of notified increases in infections compared to the deaths on the same day and these are always above 10%. It will come down as the amount of testing goes up that includes people who are not unwell like the NHS and care workers and positive people get isolated but it will take a time to come down. There were 4649 new cases yesterday and 626 deaths.
    Well that certainly is a creative and unique way of calculating the Covid-19 death rate. So when there are 2 new cases and 1 death, will you be reporting a 50% death rate ????
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Given the talk of some easing of the lock down, a timely paper on the wearing of face masks by the general public has been published by the Royal Society's DELVE (Data Evaluation and Learning for Viral Epidemics) multidisciplinary group. The findings have also been shared with the government's SAGE committee.

The paper is here: https://rs-delve.github.io/reports/2...al-public.html

The message from this paper is that wearing face masks "...could reduce onward transmission by asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic wearers if widely used in situations where physical distancing is not possible or predictable, contrasting to the standard use of masks for the protection of wearers. If correctly used on this basis, face masks, including homemade cloth masks, can contribute to reducing viral transmission."

A Spanish ministerial degree has already made the wearing of face masks mandatory since Monday for passengers travelling by bus, rail, sea or air, with free face masks being given out at train and metro stations.

Will the UK government follow suit? The Mayor of London has been calling for the wearing of face masks to be made compulsory on the capital's transport network and he is reported as suggesting that he may take unilateral action on this in the absence of government action.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Sky news have reported where covid-19 hot spots are in the UK. As the crow flies, Barrow in Furness is probably only 20 miles down the coast from me, it is reported to have had 804 cases per 100,000 population. Owners of care homes with in the county have said the infection is running wild.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...-data-11985195

I am just talking real keith. The percentage is only relevant where their are high numbers. I am saying that where there is a high number of new reported infections then percentage is important. It is not meant to be creative it is a basic fact for infection numbers to deaths on the same day. Follow it yourself and if you can find the figures on previous days check it out or lets see what happens over the next few days. I hope you are right in saying that i am being unwittingly creative but i do not think so

That's your opinion, not a fact. I've not seen or heard anyone suggest that the Welsh have jumped the gun.

Well that certainly is a creative and unique way of calculating the Covid-19 death rate. So when there are 2 new cases and 1 death, will you be reporting a 50% death rate ????

Blog Entries

... It is not meant to be creative it is a basic fact for infection numbers to deaths on the same day...
    The problem with the eaw data is that it does not show like for like on the same day. Some of the deaths might have occurred several days before, the tests data shows the number as the test is confirmed - that test could have been taken the evening before the figure was published or 4 days before.

What is important to learn from the data is that the trend for deaths and infection is steadily decreasing. Have a look at this post to see the trends: https://thailand-uk.com/forums/showt...l=1#post286772
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Maybe you are not looking at what i am looking at Keith. I posted a link below. Look at the UK rates and work out the percentage. It updates all the time and the UK posts some time in the afternoon or evening with the new figures. The overall rate of infections to death in the UK based on the figures here is 14.7 per cent.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I am just talking real keith. The percentage is only relevant where their are high numbers. I am saying that where there is a high number of new reported infections then percentage is important. It is not meant to be creative it is a basic fact for infection numbers to deaths on the same day. Follow it yourself and if you can find the figures on previous days check it out or lets see what happens over the next few days. I hope you are right in saying that i am being unwittingly creative but i do not think so

Many deaths are reported weeks after the event ? Infection rates are under reported by several orders of magnitude so your way of calculating the death rate is fatally flawed

Politicians always try to score points and the relaxation in wales is so minor as to hardly matter. Here we have had 4 people die given we are in a seaside town with a population at the older end of the scale not a major surprise.

The virus is difficult to contain given the high population density in cities and the ethnic issue is possible down to life style differences and potentially genetics.

It would be good to get survival rates but these are hard to calculate

I have stopped reading gutter press articles as they are getting boring

Facts are not available and journalists do not understand the science nor do politicians or shock horror posters on this forum

My company are now running 19 clinical trials for covid 19 but we are not expecting anything anytime soon so keep your distance and avoid close contact and make a will
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Hospitals have been sending infected patients back to their care homes.

Dr Anna Down:
    " if anyone will listen. Given isolating Covid-19 sufferers within homes frequently fails, there need to be “hot homes” for accepting Covid-positive discharged from hospitals and “cold homes” for those without the virus. She describes them as “the equivalent of the Nightingale hospitals for nursing homes”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-come-covid-19
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Marshall that was written on April 22nd things have moved on since then clearly it had the desired effect
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Not flawed I am afraid. There is a time lapse and that is the point. People reported ill now will either get better or die later. So a percentage of new infections will inevitably be victims over the next few weeks. But nevertheless based upon infections and deaths reported each day according to worldometer these are the relative percentages. I am not trying to distort figures, these are the figures and you just have to do the equation And yes the percentage will come down over the next few weeks as more people who are tested are from front line workers rather than people who have symptoms. But there will be a period of time before these things catch up. My original point was that lockdown should continue for a lot longer while these figures are like this. I wait to hear from Boris

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Many deaths are reported weeks after the event ? Infection rates are under reported by several orders of magnitude so your way of calculating the death rate is fatally flawed

Politicians always try to score points and the relaxation in wales is so minor as to hardly matter. Here we have had 4 people die given we are in a seaside town with a population at the older end of the scale not a major surprise.

The virus is difficult to contain given the high population density in cities and the ethnic issue is possible down to life style differences and potentially genetics.

It would be good to get survival rates but these are hard to calculate

I have stopped reading gutter press articles as they are getting boring

Facts are not available and journalists do not understand the science nor do politicians or shock horror posters on this forum

My company are now running 19 clinical trials for covid 19 but we are not expecting anything anytime soon so keep your distance and avoid close contact and make a will