Dislikes Dislikes:  6
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    ต้องการนักแปล

My view
    soon as the wife gets her ILR
    my smart phone goes in the river .
    and i will not own another .
    They say 5g could have caused this yes but not in the way this is being played out more like global warfare between the 3 big tech giants google ,apple,and huewie hope that is how you spell it .
    How much is this industry worth .?
    Yes more than Thail airways, BA ,EVA
    THIS IS GLOBAL POWER .all roads lead to this and the pied piper is playing a tune .
    Like i say i am getting on now but for a fat Muppet to tell me i can have my daughters come and stay at my house and i can not hug them.
    Come and tell me that to my face BO JO YOU clown and you will have a red nose it will suit .
    lies lies lies ....
    Last edited by Samsung; 24th Jun 2020 at 20:27.

Blog Entries

5G has nothing at all to do with coronavirus, that was a disinformation campaign peddled by the misinformed and those with certain political agendas.
    Last edited by Tobias; 24th Jun 2020 at 20:48.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    Stay home. Stay alert. Save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    My view
    soon as the wife gets her ILR
    my smart phone goes in the river .
    and i will not own another .
    Although the 5G conspiracy did take some ground, there really is something to be said for not having your phone around all the time. It's now a well known fact that your phone is recording your conversations. Only the other day the lads at work ended up talking about the tax on feminine hygiene products (of all the things to discuss on a building site!!!!). About an hour later I'm getting adverts on websites for always ultra maxi pads!

There was also that drama about Alexa listening in on conversations and private moments to be "reviewed by amazon staff in order to improve voice recognition"

Sorry I know this was a slightly vague and semi unrelated rant but I sometimes do think we are kidded along by the powers that be. This was highlighted by the government telling everyone not to wear masks as it doesn't do anything. Obviously this had nothing at all to do with the fact that the nations healthcare providers had a huge shortfall in masks!

Old Hand มือเก่า
    ต้องการนักแปล

politics have nothing to do with global power they bow and obey ,them that make the world go round ,,,,,,,,i have just had a converstaion with the wife and was RUDELY INTERRUPTED BY GOOGLE.
    LESS THAN 5 MINS AGO THIS IS THE START ,IMAGINE 20 YEARS FROM NOW .i felt like telling google who asked you and involved you but my phone was just sat listening ,how strange..
    i have not said 5 g,
    has caused this indirect .
    more indirect the loss to a gain ...........
    the microwaves radiation it gives off birds will not land on a mast even midges do not go near .
    i siad the war that is being done political between the big 3 googel apple and huewil .
    pretty much who controls this controls the world

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

SPOT ON WALSHIE ..100 PER CENT CORRECT .
    liers trying to get tabs on everyone .
    it is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,tell me i am wrong
    Last edited by Samsung; 24th Jun 2020 at 21:55.

Like i say i am getting on now but for a fat Muppet to tell me i can have my daughters come and stay at my house and i can not hug them.
    If only everyone had of followed the advice and guidance at the start of lock down then we would be in a far better position than we are now!

My 2 daughters that don't live with me, I would not even consider them coming to stay with me in the current climate, let alone hug them. Same goes for the family that have not made physical contact with since lock down.

Imagine if there was a spate of chicken pox/measles going around, all it takes is common sense, this really seems to be lacking in some areas!

I had to pick up some PPE tonight in preparation for visiting a large GP surgery on Friday, why do I bother, why not just turn up and carry on as I would have done in 2019, common sense dictates that I'd be a complete idiot and putting many others at risk, including direct family, if I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by KhunIanB-UK View Post
    If only everyone had of followed the advice and guidance at the start of lock down then we would be in a far better position than we are now!
    The virus had was allowed to spread before the lock down began. I believe the vast majority of the people acted in a responsible manor and should not be blamed for the late actions of the government.
    aka Spud / aka MF

Member สมาชิก

BA have just cancelled the flights I booked for the GF for the second time. First was 9th july second was 6th August my new booking is for september.
    Seems as if BA are selling flight knowing they wont be flying just to get their hands on the money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by walshie View Post
    ... Sorry I know this was a slightly vague and semi unrelated rant but I sometimes do think we are kidded along by the powers that be. This was highlighted by the government telling everyone not to wear masks as it doesn't do anything. Obviously this had nothing at all to do with the fact that the nations healthcare providers had a huge shortfall in masks!
    I think context is very important here, at the time that advice was being given it was thought only those with symptoms could pass on the virus. The medical advice has been all along that using a face-covering would offer very little protection to the wearer. Face coverings are there not to protect the wearer but to protect others from the wearer. That medical opinion remains now.

What has changed since the earlier days of this pandemic is the scientists have discovered people can transmit the virus via their mouths well before any symptoms are present. Now we are required to wear face coverings when on public transport to protect others from ourselves simply because we are less likely to maintain the required social distancing. If everyone maintained a 2m social distance then maks wouldn't be necessary.

As the lockdown is being eased, we are being encouraged to wear a face covering in places where we may come in to contact with other and where social distancing cannot be guaranteed. Such as in malls, shops and offices.

At no time has the government told us not to wear face coverings, they certainly asked us not to buy PPE because the priority, rightly, was to ensure supply those in healthcare and care homes and instead encouraged us to use other face coverings when face coverings are appropriate.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dippychippy View Post
    BA have just cancelled the flights I booked for the GF for the second time. First was 9th july second was 6th August my new booking is for september.
    Seems as if BA are selling flight knowing they wont be flying just to get their hands on the money.
    Perhaps a little unfair. All airlines are continually assessing their schedules. The problem they have is that governments all over the world are changing their tunes. This is a fast moving situation.

Thailand had hinted it would allow the resumption of international flight from 1 July. Recent noises from Bangkok are that international travel will remain restricted until at least November. On top of that the UK has imposed a 14 day quarantine, and many EU countries are talking about imposing travel restrictions from certain (yet to be defined) countries. The airlines are simply responding to a changing situation. They cannot be expected to fly aircraft with just a handful of passengers, they are all already fighting for survival without throwing even more money away.

BA are one of the better operators when cancellations are involved, unlike some airlines they offer a full refund, a travel voucher valid until April 2022 or free rebooking to dates of your choice. If an airline has a flight scheduled to depart on their timetable, you can bet they genuinely hope to be able to operate the service. However, if governments impose or fail to remove travel restrictions then the airlines are left with no real choice.

Think of it this way, let's say BA decided not to cancel your flight, Thailand continued not to let visitors enter. What do you do? You have a ticket for a flight that is going to operate, you bought a ticket that is either non-refundable or only allows changes with a change fee and fare recalculation. You call the airline to say you can't travel because Thailand won't let you in. The airlines says, I'm sorry our flight is operating, if you can't travel you will have to cancel and there are no refunds, or if your ticket allows changes you can pay £XXX to change you flight - and then hope you will be able to travel on the new date!
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ PhuketPhil's Avatar

For those who are not aware recent software updates on Apple and Android smartphones have included a COVID 19 addition which requires an app to function.
    I found it on my works iPhone after updating in Settings / privacy / health.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Phil

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhuketPhil View Post
    For those who are not aware recent software updates on Apple and Android smartphones have included a COVID 19 addition which requires an app to function...
    Thanks for posting this. I think this will form part of what the UK government will use when it finally introduces an App that will work effectively.

Does anyone know if Thailand has a Track and Trace service operational?
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Member สมาชิก

I think the UK 14 day quarantine has just made things much more unpredictable. EVA air who cancelled my first flight just cancelled my second flight and asked me if I could go on the 19th of July to which I said yes. They are still not guaranteeing this flight though and i still do not have an Eticket so they must be waiting on the numbers. If you put together the fact that the plane is empty when it arrives in Bangkok and people holding fire on returning to the UK as well because of quarantine it becomes quite a challenge. I have checked various flight status the last couple of weeks and the most reliable seems to be Qatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dippychippy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I think this will form part of what the UK government will use when it finally introduces an App that will work effectively.

Does anyone know if Thailand has a Track and Trace service operational?
    They had an App to download at Buriram Airport back in March, I filled out paperwork instead, they were OK with that as I was just picking up the car outside and driving straight to BKK, IE not staying in Buriram province. I was under the impression that was for Buriram only, however it was available to download at the AirAsia gate in Bangkok (DMK) before the flight.
    They have had downloadable Apps at KTB bank, Big C (Bang Na) and I went to Tesco (On Nut) last week, also had an App to download, but I just gave name and phone number instead, I have never looked into if these Apps are interlinked or not, IE national database.
    The local 7/11 collected data from persons using the store for a while, including the time of which each person used the store, that way they had a contactable log of everyone, again I have no idea if this data gets processed or simply kept in a log book.
    bangkok mags

Old Hand มือเก่า
    ต้องการนักแปล

WOW
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lets have travel air bridges with Europe
    the who/europe have just said in the last week there has been an increase in cases in Europe for the first time in months .
    what does the uk government do open up its Thursday lets all stand outside and give BO JO and gang a clap .

Regarding flights
    the aussi airline quantas has said basically forget it till next year .
    The software update was put on everyones google apple device last week i am to understand that if you go in a shopping center in thailand you have to give your details or use a smart phone /device and if you do not have one would you be refused .
    And another example i walk into a pub
    get given a form
    name ok
    telephone number .dont have one
    e mail =dont have one
    address =ok
    would i still get a drink ?
    I will be the first to test this
    Last edited by Samsung; 25th Jun 2020 at 14:55.

The problem with the app / QR code usage in Thailand is that it was too onerous. Notice use of past tense. Every 7/11 or Mall you entered and shop, bank and restaurant within that Mall and so on, were all meant to collect such data. I think it was a novelty at first and most complied, well at least upon entering. But then the Government admitted the data was being passed on to the Defence ministery here and goodness knows wh8o else.

Well in my experience in Hua Hin and today at Gateway at Ekkamai, everything has changed. The Malls in Hua Hin had to produce extra books for people to use to sign in as it seems most no longer want to use the app. And instead you can write any old rubbish down. Likewise for leaving Malls now, no-one bothers with anything and just walks through.

As an aside, I was surprised how quiet Bkk seemed earlier. Getting on the BTS at 4pm, saw the train clearly less than half full. Gateway itself was the quietist I have ever seen it with many units above ground empty or padlocked. Same as walking around Thonglor. A long way from being back to normal. At the weekend I will go into the centre more. It will be interesting to see how it is.
    Last edited by caller; 25th Jun 2020 at 17:28.

Member สมาชิก

Just to let you guys know that my EVA Air ticket has come through for the 19th July with no extra charge for the change or the seat. Not only have they emailed me everything on an auto basis but i also received a confirmation email from person dedicated to my case. The same person also phoned my wife as well to make sure everything is correct. What can you say .......

Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    As an aside, I was surprised how quiet Bkk seemed earlier. Getting on the BTS at 4pm, saw the train clearly less than half full. Gateway itself was the quietist I have ever seen it with many units above ground empty or padlocked. Same as walking around Thonglor. A long way from being back to normal. At the weekend I will go into the centre more. It will be interesting to see how it is.
    The BTS was quiet when I went up to On Nut last week, 11pm last night I went to the local 7/11 for milk, and apart from the security guard at entrance / exit of our complex and security guard for the restaurants / cafe amazon next door, never seen anyone, not even in a car, taxi or on a motorbike and I was the only customer in 7/11 (an added bonus).
    bangkok mags

Old Hand มือเก่า
    ต้องการนักแปล

That is not good can not be good for business but i suppose that is what the world wants ,,,
    The Uk has just exploded with cars on the road no one using public transport ,,,,whats going kill more covet operational visual identification development or Global warming .Take your pick ...

Member สมาชิก

I look at Boris and think fundamentally he is okay but badly advised but now i see him opening everything without even waiting to see if a spike was coming from the BLM Marches on the first opportunity when the figures seem to be showing a downward trend, I have to question my thoughts about him. He has been sacked for lying from government posts and now despite having apparently a near death experience he continues the political game rather than tries to look after his people. He keeps coming out with warnings when the crowds hit the beaches etc but takes no action. I think quite simply by warning he divests himself of responsibility and gives away blame. I believe now because his government has not led by example and they are beginning to see the public flout the rules even more that they are opening the gates to whatever might happen and Boris and gang are completely happy with the risk of a new virus onslaught as no vaccine is leaping out to save us in the immediate future. The quarantine thing really has now become a fiasco when people will be able to holiday in 90 per cent of Europe shortly and not quarantine when they come home. The European's are even more careless letting us Brits holiday with them. The only hope here I see is that if a virus does naturally weaken then maybe nature will help us. If not the case and it keeps it's strength then the herd immunity game seems to becoming a real prospect. Crazy world
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    WOW
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lets have travel air bridges with Europe
    the who/europe have just said in the last week there has been an increase in cases in Europe for the first time in months .
    what does the uk government do open up its Thursday lets all stand outside and give BO JO and gang a clap .

Regarding flights
    the aussi airline quantas has said basically forget it till next year .
    The software update was put on everyones google apple device last week i am to understand that if you go in a shopping center in thailand you have to give your details or use a smart phone /device and if you do not have one would you be refused .
    And another example i walk into a pub
    get given a form
    name ok
    telephone number .dont have one
    e mail =dont have one
    address =ok
    would i still get a drink ?
    I will be the first to test this

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    That is correct if you are cancelling the flight, if they are cancelling the flight you should be moved to a date without the fare being recalculated if in the same class.

If you are accepting a future travel voucher, the value of that will be allowed against a future purchase.
    Emirates cancelled our flight on the 12th June. I had made prior enquires regarding my options but never actually cancelled.

I have not went down the voucher route but went for the, keep your ticket. So, I am now allowed to rebook my flights without incuring any fees or additional charges irrespective of when we decide to travel, as long as we use the same class of ticket and destination is still the same. They have now extended the validity of our tickets for up to 24 months.