Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 81
  1. #21
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    10 Aug 2005
    Location
    Chonburi
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    I've wondered from the start if the Govt will put visa runs and nonsense like 30 day reporting on hold. Obviously the pockets will feel lighter and they can't do that. Since the start they've flirted with this virus all in the name of appeasing the paymaster general. He likes to play up to the Chinese powerhouses but clearly can't see what a fool he must look to them. It's like a tadpole cuddling up to a shark.

    I've been surprised by how well the public have reacted but equally unsurprised at just how inept the Govt have made themselves appear.

  2. #22
    Premium Member sisaket's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 Jan 2007
    Location
    UK / Bangkok
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    People are being asked to stay home this coming weekend or face curfews across Thailand.
    https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...-defence-chief
    bangkok mags

  3. #23
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    28 May 2010
    Location
    sattahip
    Posts
    447

    Default

    I ordered six washable masks on Lazada for the family, because people expect you to wear them. I thought I'd check on their progress to only find out they have been cancelled. No email from Lazada when I checked it's because I didn't pay in time however I had ordered them cash on delivery?? However looking further into it, they are removing them from the website as the government say they are over charging for them??? 44bht each. Anyway you can't seem to get masks on line or couldn't when I tried yesterday. It appears there was a huge shipment of them to the USA a few days ago. Profit before people again. Also no eggs for sale it appears Singapore have got all those but not to worry as the chickens will keep laying and one day there will be some in the shops, except that I practice social distancing and only go out when necessary for shopping.
    I'm told most of the bars in our village have now closed don't know about take away from them as I haven't been far only to walk my dog.

  4. #24
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    2 Nov 2016
    Location
    Greater London / Chiang Rai
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Mask seem to be very hard to get in Thailand at the moment. My wife us unable to get any at all after several days of trying.

  5. #25
    Premium Member caller's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 Sep 2005
    Location
    Hua Hin & Bangkok
    Posts
    5,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ray8472 View Post
    Mask seem to be very hard to get in Thailand at the moment. My wife us unable to get any at all after several days of trying.
    Same here and same most places - apart from Bang Na - see above!

    However, today, when doing a shop at Villa Market, not only did they have sanitiser (up to 7 per purchase! I took one), but when I got to check out I was asked if I wanted masks. They are the most basic, it seems to me, with 4 in a pack and only one pack allowed, but I took them anyway, just in case. Not sure if this was for store card holders only?
    'Tis me

  6. #26
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    10 Aug 2005
    Location
    Chonburi
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    People are being asked to stay home this coming weekend or face curfews across Thailand.
    https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...-defence-chief
    I'm overlooking the center of Kalasin and there are still (20:35) sporadic cars and bikes driving about. I hope they are returning from work or such but I imagine it's a case of, well, nobody is here to check....and they'd be right. Big C has superbly cordoned off the non essential aisles yet there are idiots going under the tape to get their vitals such as bowls and toys.

    It seems no Govt. can stop the spread of this. Some are better than others but it's down to the mentality of the public. Dare I say it but some people out there deserve the worst for the way they have selfishly behaved. Sadly, it's the innocent who often pay.

  7. #27
    Premium Member sisaket's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 Jan 2007
    Location
    UK / Bangkok
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    Same here and same most places - apart from Bang Na - see above!
    Last twice I was in the pharmacy they had the black PITTA G and normal types of disposable, I bought a PITTA G as I had a strong idea I would do a mad dash to Issan, Mrs has brought some to BKK as she had some spare, she normally uses them daily for work when in Surin.
    Transport including aircraft, inter-provincial buses and trains, now have a requirement for passengers to wear masks or be denied boarding, also road check points for vehicles require occupants to wear masks.
    Last time Mrs was in BKK she needed to go to DTAC @ Central Bang Na, and upon arriving back in Surin, she discovered had left her ID card with them she did track down the lady she dealt with, the ID card is in a locked office in a locked down mall, so off to Bang Na district offices to report and have issued a new card, I sat in the car, she had to firstly have a temperature test, then go wash hands, then use sanitizer before interacting with staff.
    Then we went off to Villa Market @ Little Walk, Bang Na, gave Samrong a miss, I know there is a check point before Big C, got stocked up with food, so we dont need to go out this weekend.
    Even had time to get the Bluetooth device for the new auto barriers on the complex, mission accomplished.
    The traffic was lighter than normal along Bang Na -Trat Road, also gave Big C and Tops a miss @ Central.
    bangkok mags

  8. #28
    Premium Member caller's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 Sep 2005
    Location
    Hua Hin & Bangkok
    Posts
    5,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    Last twice I was in the pharmacy they had the black PITTA G and normal types of disposable, I bought a PITTA G as I had a strong idea I would do a mad dash to Issan
    I asked my other half why people were now wearing black masks and she said, 'fashion'! Not true then.

    But what do black PITTA G provide compared to basic masks?
    'Tis me

  9. #29
    Premium Member sisaket's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 Jan 2007
    Location
    UK / Bangkok
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    I asked my other half why people were now wearing black masks and she said, 'fashion'! Not true then.
    But what do black PITTA G provide compared to basic masks?
    Protection wise I would say not a lot, comfort wise a better fit round the lungs and looks like can wash them, they are just for show " look at me, I ve got a mask on for compliance " Mrs now has couple of multi-coloured razzmatazz, offering no protection what so ever type masks, but would look good on a selfie.
    The reason I got one was to avoid any problems with flying AirAsia and subsequent possible events like road blocks etc. I am respiratory fit tested / trained for Nuclear, Asbestos etc, most of the masks I have seen in TH will not offer protection for PM2.5 or Viruses etc and ones that could be OK were incorrectly fitted.
    bangkok mags

  10. #30
    Premium Member sisaket's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 Jan 2007
    Location
    UK / Bangkok
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    Protection wise I would say not a lot, comfort wise a better fit round the lungs and looks like can wash them, they are just for show " look at me, I ve got a mask on for compliance " Mrs now has couple of multi-coloured razzmatazz, offering no protection what so ever type masks, but would look good on a selfie.
    The reason I got one was to avoid any problems with flying AirAsia and subsequent possible events like road blocks etc. I am respiratory fit tested / trained for Nuclear, Asbestos etc, most of the masks I have seen in TH will not offer protection for PM2.5 or Viruses etc and ones that could be OK were incorrectly fitted.
    Should have been : " better fit round the LUGS (ears) "
    AirAsia are shutting down domestic routes from 1st APR, I thought would be sooner like Thai Lion Air.
    https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...umbers-to-soar
    Another predictable situation.
    bangkok mags

  11. #31
    Premium Member caller's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 Sep 2005
    Location
    Hua Hin & Bangkok
    Posts
    5,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    most of the masks I have seen in TH will not offer protection for PM2.5 or Viruses etc and ones that could be OK were incorrectly fitted.
    Thanks for that. The PM2.5 ones I have are from Japan!
    'Tis me

  12. #32
    Premium Member sisaket's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 Jan 2007
    Location
    UK / Bangkok
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    Thanks for that. The PM2.5 ones I have are from Japan!
    PITTA are Japanese, a very quick check revealed they are OK for pollen.
    bangkok mags

  13. #33
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    28 May 2010
    Location
    sattahip
    Posts
    447

    Default

    It was party time last night across the road 10 to 20 people drinking and sat at and around a table meant for six maximum. Sharing drinks and snacks and not a mask or any social distancing in sight.
    Some very selfish people around.
    On another note saw a clip off Thai TV where village leaders were stopping motorbike riders for not wearing masks on their bikes when riding. The lad was stopped given by hand a mask touched on the arm and made to put it on. Nothing was said about the fact that he or most of the others didn't have helmets. Is it me or have people got their priorities wrong. And I still cannot get masks here around Bang Saray, visited three pharmacies yesterday all were closed????

  14. #34
    Moderator Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jun 2003
    Location
    UK/USA
    Posts
    16,927
    Blog Entries
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    ... saw a clip off Thai TV where village leaders were stopping motorbike riders for not wearing masks on their bikes when riding. The lad was stopped given by hand a mask touched on the arm and made to put it on. Nothing was said about the fact that he or most of the others didn't have helmets. Is it me or have people got their priorities wrong...
    No, the priorities appear correct. A helmet only protects the rider, a mask protects everyone but the rider!
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    Stay home. Stay alert. Save lives.

  15. #35
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    27 Jan 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    It was party time last night across the road 10 to 20 people drinking and sat at and around a table meant for six maximum. Sharing drinks and snacks and not a mask or any social distancing in sight.
    Some very selfish people around.
    Last night my selfish neighbour had two friends a round his place. I was thinking of calling the police, but really it wasn't worth it because the police are stretched. So I left it.



    Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tobias; 29th Mar 2020 at 08:22. Reason: Fixed BBCode to display quote correctly

  16. #36
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    28 May 2010
    Location
    sattahip
    Posts
    447

    Default

    I don't think it's a good idea to take someone off a bike touch him, coming within inches of his face give him a mask touched and force him to wear it when he is riding alone on his bike. The issue really was you must wear a mask wherever you are even driving alone in your car but social distancing don't worry we can queue for masks have parties and do anything as long as we wear a cheap mask. If they weren't being worn when unnecessary then perhaps there would be enough to go round.
    On another note I have managed to buy some myself, 95bht each, overpriced I'm sure but I have to visit a very overcrowded immigration office soon, shall be wearing gloves too there. I have ordered some N95 masks on Lazada again they have confirmed my order but not due to arrive until mid April if they come at all. Oh! Also many shops will not let you in now I'm told if you are not wearing a mask. I don't have an issue with that as long as I can buy them, the government are only selling them to Thais, it appears we have to get ours anywhere we can.

  17. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    the government are only selling them to Thais, it appears we have to get ours anywhere we can.

    Can you even imagine the chaos that would ensue if the UK Government tried to do something similar? It always amazes me how the Thai government can be blatantly racist and get away with it!

  18. #38
    Premium Member sisaket's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 Jan 2007
    Location
    UK / Bangkok
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    Same here and same most places - apart from Bang Na - see above!
    Mrs went to Bang Na Market for Eggs and Veg yesterday morning (31 MAR) and there was a stall selling face-masks, but she says they are not there every day.
    IMG_9960.jpg IMG_9961.jpg
    bangkok mags

  19. #39
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    22 Nov 2003
    Location
    Egremont Cumbria
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    So far, I have had Bangkok Airways contact me to inform me that my flight from Phu Quoc to BKK in July has been cancelled, which has now been refunded to my credit card.
    Today I have been contacted by both Agoda and Airbnb informing me both accommodation bookings in Phu Quoc and HCMC have now be cancelled with a full refund now being processed.

  20. #40
    Premium Member sisaket's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 Jan 2007
    Location
    UK / Bangkok
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg / Pairin View Post
    So far, I have had Bangkok Airways contact me to inform me that my flight from Phu Quoc to BKK in July has been cancelled, which has now been refunded to my credit card.
    Today I have been contacted by both Agoda and Airbnb informing me both accommodation bookings in Phu Quoc and HCMC have now be cancelled with a full refund now being processed.
    I had a flight to Kathmandu (Nepal) with Thai Lion Air for March (just gone) but I moved the flight to June, last week had an email advising me the flight had been moved forward two days, which clashes with the reason I was going in any case, I tried calling but they never answered the phone, so emailed at the same time that I would rather go on a flight before hand, two days later I had an email that the flight was cancelled (their new date) so replied I can fly in Sept or have a refund, but no reply ATM, obviously they will need to deal with people flying earlier.
    I had hired a car for a trip North IE Tak / Kampheang Phet (last two northern provinces to travel round) at Songkrang, cancelled that the other day, full refund to my credit card the next day plus I had booked a non-refundable hotel in Mae Sot (Tak) via Agoda, but because of COVID-19 the hotel had made it refundable (Centra by Centara Hotel) and refund went straight to my PayPal, and a hotel in Tak City was cancelled free via Agoda.
    bangkok mags

Similar Threads

  1. UK and Thailand COVID-19 Statistics
    By Tobias in forum COVID-19
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Yesterday, 18:13
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 26th Mar 2020, 04:48

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •