Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  87
Likes Likes:  318
Dislikes Dislikes:  6
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    te2008, look at my post #294 which should answer your last two questions.
    Cheers

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by nickj1000 View Post
    I am in Thailand, bangkok having just extended my stay. I was due back next week but postponed the flight for another 2 weeks. Travel Trolley hit me for 220.00 after bringing the price down from 285 because i would not bite. I have asked Eva Air and Travel Trolly to break down the fees but neither has replied. The reason i postponed my return was because of concerns of lack of policing at Heathrow letting Italian tourists through which has already had repercussions. I think this was worse than Chinese tourists coming through without checks because at least China had locked down the worst cities at the time. I wonder now if i may be stopped from travelling back in 3 weeks although Eva air have continued China flights regardless even though Taiwan banned Thais from entry. The virus is a really bad thing but the stuff going on with governments and airlines etc has been quite bewildering at times clearly with a financial influence although things are changing big time now. Meantime my Thai wife is begging me not to go for fear of the UK problems but I also have responsibilities in the uk. Just thoughts really about travel and the things that can affect your plans at them moment. One thing is for sure that I wish i had not rebooked my flight, it was better to be a no show and book one way when the time was right. My comments are nothing of course compared to stuff going on at the moment. Cheers to all
    my flight bkk/lhr with eva through travel trolley for the 12th may was cancelled some weeks ago and i choose to fly the next day, yesterday a friend flying with eva bkk/lhr on the 4th april has had his flight cancelled and a refund is being processed, as an aside another friend in a party of 5 has had a holiday cancelled yesterday from uk to phuket again for the 4th april with one of the middle east airlines, with a refund being processed, i am not flying back in may, so i just hope mine gets cancelled.

Old Hand มือเก่า

IF our government are letting Chinese and the Italians through with no checks, then we have a problem.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks for the advice Barnett. We are self isolating for 14 days. I didn’t realise how serious this was up until yesterday. As you said, giving consideration for others is a must. The situation isn’t good but we need to work together to beat this disease

Blog Entries

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office has issued an 'exceptional travel advisory notice':

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises British people against all non-essential travel worldwide. The COVID-19 pandemic has led to unprecedented international border closures and other restrictions. All countries may restrict travel without notice. 

The FCO was already advising against all but essential travel or all travel to some areas or countries due to risks that do not relate to COVID-19. This advice remains in place. Check FCO travel advice pages for the latest information.

If you now need to change or cancel your travel plans, follow these steps:

1. contact your airline, travel company, cruise line or other transport and accommodation providers

2. get in touch with your insurance provider

3. continue to follow the NHS coronavirus guidance
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    Stay home. Stay alert. Save lives.

And if you still choose to come bring your own masks and sanitiser, very little in Hua Hin. The other day Villa Market were rationing 1 piece to 1 person and when I went to buy some meds at Fascio (sp?) chemists today, they were competely out of both - again.

Cicada weekend market, which is a big draw, for both tourists and the weekend Bangkokian hordes, as well as those that live here, has closed for the duration, but maybe it's the hordes no longer coming that has forced Cicada's hands?

Tourists are few and far between now, even from a few days ago and a lot of businesses will be struggling. I ate alone in an empty Greyhound Café (Bangkok chain) in Bluport earlier - I almost felt heartless by using the 500 baht voucher I had! My meal cost 29 baht.

Yesterday, on a day of self isolation in Prachuap Kiri Khan, a jewel an hour and ten minutes drive south of Hua Hin, I had the historical park at Wing 5 to myself, literally. I go for the beautiful views across both bays rather than the memorials as I know it and the area well and Ao Manao beach itself, albeit it out of season, was the emptiest I have ever seen it, by far. On the way back I popped into Makro's in Pranburi, which was pretty busy actually, but no-one seemed to be panic buying, and on the way in, I had my temperature taken, via a gadget that was pointed at my ear - my temperature was fine thanks. Although reading the local forum earlier, it seems that such tests at Hua Hin's Makro, were out of kilter, with more than one recording they were shown as in the low 35's - that's hypothermia territory!

From someone I know who runs a bar in Phuket - they are expecting the area to follow Bkks lead of shutting down such places, initially for a couple of weeks, but nothing official. Remember, just a bar owners opinion.
    'Tis me

Member สมาชิก

And caging and selling wild animals in very bad conditions for food also comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by Barnet View Post
    Fingers crossed indeed. If there is one thing this virus has taught mankind it is just how filthy some of us have become. I certainly hope that when this is all over there are lessons learnt. Some habits need to be put to bed forever. Spitting in public is one that comes to mind immediately.

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office has issued an 'exceptional travel advisory notice':

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises British people against all non-essential travel worldwide. The COVID-19 pandemic has led to unprecedented international border closures and other restrictions. All countries may restrict travel without notice. 

The FCO was already advising against all but essential travel or all travel to some areas or countries due to risks that do not relate to COVID-19. This advice remains in place. Check FCO travel advice pages for the latest information.

If you now need to change or cancel your travel plans, follow these steps:

1. contact your airline, travel company, cruise line or other transport and accommodation providers

2. get in touch with your insurance provider

3. continue to follow the NHS coronavirus guidance
    Surely the ball is still in our court though, seeing as they are only advising against all non essential travel. I need Thai Airways to cancel the flight themselves for me to claim the entire cost of my holiday back...

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Rhod26 View Post
    Thanks for the advice Barnett. We are self isolating for 14 days. I didn’t realise how serious this was up until yesterday. As you said, giving consideration for others is a must. The situation isn’t good but we need to work together to beat this disease
    Good lad, if everyone followed the same protocol the world would be a safer place.

Nick, I couldn't agree more. They were warned of this before yet chose to ignore it. Echoes of stopping trading of endangered species for unproven and unnecessary medicines also. I am no legal Beagle and I can already hear the footsteps of our resident Beagle coming to knock down my door.... just a thought but if this could have been contained much, much earlier and has been proven to have been covered up what legal grounds are there for getting some sort of compensation towards the financial losses the world is experiencing or at least an acknowledgement of responsibility from those responsible? I'm not talking about the public but rather those in the know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MattM85 View Post
    Surely the ball is still in our court though, seeing as they are only advising against all non essential travel. I need Thai Airways to cancel the flight themselves for me to claim the entire cost of my holiday back...
    Well, no. If you have travel insurance you should be covered for this. Most policies have a clause that permits you to cancel where a government agency has advised against travelling to your destination. Worth checking that out with your insurer.

It is also worth noting that should you take trips to countries where a government agency has advised against travelling then you will find you are not covered for health or repatriation among others.

When a government issues advice against all but essential travel, airlines should allow cancellation or rebooking without penalties.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Several insurers are revoking cover for new trips booked from today anything already booked should be covered beware

This includes AXA
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Old Hand มือเก่า

The UK's Department of Health has confirmed 1,950 people had tested positive for coronavirus as of 09:00 GMT today. That is a jump of 407 cases since yesterday - the biggest daily increase so far.
    However, it was also the biggest number of tests in one day - 6,337 - with a total of 50,442 carried out so far.
    That means 48,492 people have tested negative.

Come on England!!!!

Thanks guys. I will be cancelling, and have paid for a decent insurance policy last year, well before any of this started.

I will give them a call! Many thanks

Well unfortunately I am not covered in any way by my insurers. As I was advised by the lady on the phone, if I cancel, the airline will not pay out. My only hope is that they cancel my flight on the day of departure.

Quote from insurefor.com website -

Am I covered for cancellation due to the Coronavirus?
    Under all Ageas underwritten policies there is ‘specified cause’ cancellation cover, which does not extend to cancellation due to the Foreign & Commonwealth Office advising against travel to a country (or parts of a country).

In the first instance customers with travel booked to areas that the FCO have advised against travel to should contact their airline or tour operator in order to obtain a refund or arrange an alternative holiday.

So, I'm pretty much stuffed. I think my last option is to try and change the dates of all flights and all hotels and car rental. This isn't going to be fun... Why even bother paying for insurance!?

Blog Entries

Well unfortunately I am not covered in any way by my insurers. As I was advised by the lady on the phone, if I cancel, the airline will not pay out. My only hope is that they cancel my flight on the day of departure...
    Would you please name-and-shame the insurer to warn others of the poor cover and to allow them to consider avoiding that company in the future.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

I believe he already has:
    Quote from insurefor.com website
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Yes, it is insurefor.com and I guess if I actually had Coronavirus then I might stand a chance of claiming.

I suppose if I had paid for a single trip policy rather than a yearly one I might have been better covered. My only hope now is changing the flight dates to later in the year and hoping I can do the same with the hotels. Fingers crossed.

On the plus side, where it was all paid for I have kind of forgotten about the money already, so unlike previous trips I have booked, I have no outstanding payments to make on a holiday I'm not even taking!

Oh well, you live and you learn...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maokaang View Post
    I believe he already has:
    Ah, I missed that! I’ve just had a ‘google’ and at the very top of the search results was this from trustpilot:

“Avoid this company at all costs, their policies are a scam and will leave you out of pocket. Useful.”

Seems like an insurer I’d want to avoid.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Old Hand มือเก่า

Seems like an insurer I’d want to avoid.
    Including other insurers who are part of the Rock Insurance Group.

https://www.essentialtravel.co.uk/me...mparison-scam/

Member สมาชิก

When a government issues advice against all but essential travel, airlines should allow cancellation or rebooking without penalties.
    My mum received an email from Emirates Holidays within 2 hours of the announcement to say they would be cancelling her upcoming holiday to Dubai and giving her a full refund.