Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  86
Likes Likes:  311
Dislikes Dislikes:  6
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    Chinese are still travelling here independently. Some are not being made welcome by locals.
    Advantage of being a farang, this time !

Old Hand มือเก่า

My son and I flew in from China and whilst the Chinese were being hoarded off we were waved through without being checked. Make of that what you will.

Apparently Thailand have found 'The Cure' as a victim recovered within 48 hours after taking a concoction of drugs in BK. I've found the whole Thai response to be childish and repulsive as always. First they were televising Chinese people eating bats and saying this caused it. As if the good folk of Thailand don't eat their fare share of bush meat also. Thais love this kind of hysteria, pathetic really as they are far worse in most instances.

There are 19 confirmed cases in Thailand so far with two being Thai nationals. No casualties. I hope they have found a cure but I suspect they have got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnet View Post
    Apparently Thailand have found 'The Cure' as a victim recovered within 48 hours after taking a concoction of drugs in BK.
    In fairness, that was the response of the media, even the BP. The medics themselves were far more grounded and rational and never claimed it was a cure.
    'Tis me

Old Hand มือเก่า

As off today 300 plus deaths.
    The yanks do not trust them ie with the mobile company ,the censorship laws ,with social media .
    just another note if you look north of Thailand there is a small country called laos no news about that which i find strange then again it is a strange country .
    I have just found this web site
    https://www.aseanbriefing.com/news/2...y-country.html

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    I have learned a few things there ,,.
    So the influx of these medicines in the UK means there is a market for them like i said in the original post try getting them out of my doctor is like trying to get blood out of a stone .where in other country's its a simple trip to the pharmacist.
    The drip with the cocktail of who knows what and the tablets i had seem to have worked a treat with my chest infection even thore the DR back in the UK rolled his eyes when i showed him what i had been prescribed .

The reason UK doctors don't dish out antibiotics is that they won’t actually fix your problem if you have a virus. My wife wanted them for a bad cough and cold she had last year and the doctor pointed this out. When it comes to all the Hacks lozenges and Beechams lemons, Night Nurse etc they don't actually do anything to get rid of the problem. Only make you feel a bit better or sleep better until the virus has run its course. Honey and lemon is just as effective along with a painkiller like paracetamol.

Old Hand มือเก่า

i wonder if them fingerprint scanners have been binned off at swampy now .

Old Hand มือเก่า

427 deaths now
    20,000 cases
    UK advising all nationals to leave china if they can .
    And still not one case in LAOS china's puppet state.look at the map of the infected and if you believe what the Chinese are saying you need to go to never land and find your marbles .
    I am getting worried now.this virus does not need a passport or visa .
    Last edited by Samsung; 4th Feb 2020 at 15:58.

Member สมาชิก

The Chinese government are waving the cost of cremation and running the crematoriums 24 hours a day seven days a week to keep up.
    The death rate is 3% but that number is only from people they know have died and people they chose to say have died of corona. Alot of people are dying in their properties that have been sealed to contain the virus.
    Reports say the true numbers of infected and dead are10 x higher than reported.

Member สมาชิก

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...us-in-thailand

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ronavirus.html

oops.... sorry if I've posted this wrongly. Mods free free to move it.

Regards
    Last edited by Nealy; 5th Feb 2020 at 13:37.

Premium Member

I believe the Thai Drs used retroviral drugs used to HIV treatments and Tamiflu an antiviral treatment.

China also now has an outbreak of H5N1 bird flu which can spread to humans https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ens-China.html

Quote Originally Posted by stevie57 View Post

China also now has an outbreak of H5N1 bird flu which can spread to humans https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ens-China.html
    It's nothing to get in a flap about.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Member สมาชิก

I guess everybody knows that the Chinese doctor who tried to raise the alarm over this before Christmas was silenced by government and then died form the virus ? From my understanding he was a healthy man and quite young. The Chinese guy who died in the Philippines was 44 and had no history of illness. I am off the Bangkok to marry in two weeks and my condo is full of Chinese which is worrying if the Thai government is still letting them in. My Thai girlfriend says that the rumours of this virus have been around for a long time but the Chineses New Year made the Chinese Government take action for fear of the fall out from infecting the world as against the loss of money. Apparently it is on the news in Thailand today that Europeans are not wearing masks in crowded places even though the Thai people are and this is causing a problem ! My brain hurts
    Last edited by nickj1000; 7th Feb 2020 at 12:56.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...acist-outburst
    Mrs will be going to the Ministry of Public Health next week, needless to say im not going, I dont wear a mask.
    bangkok mags

Old Hand มือเก่า

We are defying the school I work for and not returning until it's safe. Most schools in China are trying to make their employees return and teach online. In all honesty, I don't think anybody knows where this will end. Buildings are having lifts cut off so those living on higher floors will not go out unless it's essential. Other areas will only allow certain people out at certain times. In fairness to China, they are trying despite it being kept quiet at the start. The whole province has been blocked off as most of the casualties are there only.

The mortality rate is far lower than people are making out and a lot less than SARS. The main problem is the province and its medics can't control it and are understaffed. Medical staff are working 10 hour shifts without breaks for food and toilet. It's a really dark period in time right now and as always it's the 'not-knowing' that's the problem. I have no idea when it will be safe to go back. As of next week I'm teaching via an online classroom.

Quote Originally Posted by nickj1000 View Post
    Apparently it is on the news in Thailand today that Europeans are not wearing masks in crowded places even though the Thai people are and this is causing a problem ! My brain hurts
    It's only an issue because the Thai minister was out issuing masks and some farangs were refusing. So he became a racist Thai minister, since apologised. If they were that worried and if they knew that masks are not really the answer, but allowing already infected people in, is, then the Thais might be better placed to stop infections.

And Thais are not all wearing masks, for a start they can't get them in many places and there are those that are aware or don't believe they will actually make a difference, unless they are a carrier and using a mask to prevent spreading it to others, which isn't of course, why most are wearing masks.

At Bkk hospital in Hua Hin, not all medics and staff are wearing masks. I had a minor day surgery op the other day and prior to the op and this being Thailand, I had to have a few tests beforehand and it was only upon entering the theatre area, that everyone was masked.

Does anyone have any doubts about the figures being produced by China, or even Thailand?
    'Tis me

Quote Originally Posted by Barnet View Post
    The mortality rate is far lower than people are making out and a lot less than SARS.
    Yes I think that is right, a lot of people think they just have a bad cold, and recover from it quickly without ever being diagnosed.

I'm off to Thailand soon. I'm not concerned about being in Thailand itself. The risk is the airports and the plane itself for 11 hours. Cabin crew are the most at risk, and if they are still flying every day then what with health and safety laws the risk is obviously very very low. Otherwise the airlines would not be flying at all, to protect their staff and to avoid legal cases by passengers.

Member สมาชิก

I have a lot of doubt about the figures. It may be that many more thousands are infected but have minimal symptoms but the authorities cannot identify these. Today on the UK news they seem to suggest that there are some good signs about containment though so hopefully it will turn the corner. There are a lot of Chinese still coming to Thailand though I believe which is concerning

Quote Originally Posted by nickj1000 View Post
    There are a lot of Chinese still coming to Thailand though I believe which is concerning
    Well, like me if their airfares were paid months ago they don't want to cancel and lose money. I doubt an insurance claim in the UK anyway is possible unless the government advises against travel, which isn't the case yet.

Chinese numbers in Thailand. Thailand has been positively encouraging them! Was out in Hua Hin this evening and it made a change to see mainly western tourists!

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/over-100000-chinese-tourists-still-in-thailand-according-to-immigration-bureau/
    'Tis me