Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Hybrid View

Rookie มือใหม่

Default Airline policy once denied entry at Suvarnabhumi Airport

I understand any individual denied entry at immigration (even with the correct documents and visa) becomes the responsibility of the airline they flew with.
    Once denied, I understand the airline will offer two options;
    1) fly the individual back to the country they flew to Thailand from
    2) Fly the individual to a neighbouring country.

How can I find out the answer to this specific question for; Thai Airlines, Eva Airlines, Qatar Airlines?

So far, BA is the only airline I've contacted that have provided an answer. Their policy is to send any individual back to the country they departed from.
    I have read the online polices of named airlines, but no answer is contained within. I've emailed, rang, even tweeted, but cannot seem to acquire an answer.

Help me out, please!

I can't help you with an answer. I would, however, like to ask why your asking such a question? I cant imagine the airline would just ship you off to the neighbouring country... what if you were denied entry there too?

Rookie มือใหม่

I'm getting married in Thailand in the coming months, hence my enquiry. I have 2 years 5 months of recent travel to Thailand via two METV and one Non B with year extension. From what I'm hearing, it's likely I'll be denied entry based on previous travel history. I'm just not sure how to guarantee entry in order to get married...

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Well, it is a good question, take my trip last year for example. I had a ticket from London - Thailand - New Zealand. The stopover in Thailand was a week. I'm a UK/New Zealand dual national. Had I been denied entry to Thailand say, then to have been sent back to the UK when I had an onward ticket to NZ and being an NZ national would have been draconian and ridiculous in the extreme. Having been to Thailand so many times, I was concerned about the possibility but all was well.

Rookie มือใหม่

I presume things go more smoothly when one has proof of onward travel, especially when the final destination is a country of one's nationality. I guess I could also book my onward travel as I know the date for when I'll be leaving Thailand, but there's still no guarantee I'll be accepted in and my situation would become even more complicated/costly if I were to be sent home after paying for onward travel in Asia. I can't see a fix to my situation.

if you are worried about being denied entry then i suggest you fly via Malaysia, if denied you would be shipped back to there, you could then try and enter via a land crossing who seem to be a bit more lenient.

were you going to get a visa or use a visa exempt entry

Entered Thailand tody, no issues. Not even a word from the immigration officer. Best experience I've had actually, lots of booths open and very short queues

Yes there had been a lot of noise over the last 12 months about them cracking down on tourist visas. But in my case it should have been obvious that I wasn't attempt to abuse them and stay long term, but as always it depends on the officer you get.

In the past two+ years I have visited thailand 26 times. Granted, they may only be for one,two or three days either end of an onward flight to China, Cambodia or HK. My tickets are mostly UK-BKK and onward purchased separately. Threfore, I have entered Thailand 52 times.
    The last time over Xmas, was the longest I have stayed for a while (21 days) on holiday.
    My passport is a mess with entry and exit stamps. Never once asked anything.
    I would imagine an immigration officer would be satisfied that some proof of upcoming marriage would suffice entry. Unless of course there is something in someone's history to the contrary.
    Thailand is leading the way on monitoring personal details on entry/exit habits of all travellers. I believe all border crossings now are full electronic/data driven.
    Judging others before you have met isn't a wise option.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

I found this on Thai airways web site hope it makes some sense

13.3 REFUSAL OF ENTRY
    If you are denied entry into any country, you will be responsible to pay any fine or charge assessed against us by the Government concerned and for the cost of transporting you from that country. The fare collected for carriage to the point of refusal or denied entry will not be refunded by us.

13.4 PASSENGER RESPONSIBLE FOR FINES, DETENTION COSTS, ETC.
    If we are required to pay any fine or penalty or to incur any expenditure by reason of your failure to comply with laws, regulations, orders, demands or other travel requirements of the countries concerned or to produce the required documents, you shall reimburse us on demand, any amount so paid or expenditure so incurred. We may apply towards such payment or expenditure the value of any unused carriage on your ticket, or any of your funds in our possession.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

It looks like they won't fly you directly back home on that day (unless you buy a new ticket) but you could fly to another country like Laos or Vietnam cross back into Thailand at a land border, and then back to Bangkok for your outward flight back to the uk. My understanding is that if you get denied entry at suvarnhabhumi or don mueang that immigration will expect you to arrange a flight out of Thailand, then I would do as I suggest above. I'm sure somebody with better knowledge of these things will be along soon with the answer you require...
    essex boys