Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Airline policy once denied entry at Suvarnabhumi Airport

I understand any individual denied entry at immigration (even with the correct documents and visa) becomes the responsibility of the airline they flew with.
    Once denied, I understand the airline will offer two options;
    1) fly the individual back to the country they flew to Thailand from
    2) Fly the individual to a neighbouring country.

How can I find out the answer to this specific question for; Thai Airlines, Eva Airlines, Qatar Airlines?

So far, BA is the only airline I've contacted that have provided an answer. Their policy is to send any individual back to the country they departed from.
    I have read the online polices of named airlines, but no answer is contained within. I've emailed, rang, even tweeted, but cannot seem to acquire an answer.

Help me out, please!

I can't help you with an answer. I would, however, like to ask why your asking such a question? I cant imagine the airline would just ship you off to the neighbouring country... what if you were denied entry there too?

Rookie มือใหม่

I'm getting married in Thailand in the coming months, hence my enquiry. I have 2 years 5 months of recent travel to Thailand via two METV and one Non B with year extension. From what I'm hearing, it's likely I'll be denied entry based on previous travel history. I'm just not sure how to guarantee entry in order to get married...

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Well, it is a good question, take my trip last year for example. I had a ticket from London - Thailand - New Zealand. The stopover in Thailand was a week. I'm a UK/New Zealand dual national. Had I been denied entry to Thailand say, then to have been sent back to the UK when I had an onward ticket to NZ and being an NZ national would have been draconian and ridiculous in the extreme. Having been to Thailand so many times, I was concerned about the possibility but all was well.

Rookie มือใหม่

I presume things go more smoothly when one has proof of onward travel, especially when the final destination is a country of one's nationality. I guess I could also book my onward travel as I know the date for when I'll be leaving Thailand, but there's still no guarantee I'll be accepted in and my situation would become even more complicated/costly if I were to be sent home after paying for onward travel in Asia. I can't see a fix to my situation.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

I found this on Thai airways web site hope it makes some sense

13.3 REFUSAL OF ENTRY
    If you are denied entry into any country, you will be responsible to pay any fine or charge assessed against us by the Government concerned and for the cost of transporting you from that country. The fare collected for carriage to the point of refusal or denied entry will not be refunded by us.

13.4 PASSENGER RESPONSIBLE FOR FINES, DETENTION COSTS, ETC.
    If we are required to pay any fine or penalty or to incur any expenditure by reason of your failure to comply with laws, regulations, orders, demands or other travel requirements of the countries concerned or to produce the required documents, you shall reimburse us on demand, any amount so paid or expenditure so incurred. We may apply towards such payment or expenditure the value of any unused carriage on your ticket, or any of your funds in our possession.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

It looks like they won't fly you directly back home on that day (unless you buy a new ticket) but you could fly to another country like Laos or Vietnam cross back into Thailand at a land border, and then back to Bangkok for your outward flight back to the uk. My understanding is that if you get denied entry at suvarnhabhumi or don mueang that immigration will expect you to arrange a flight out of Thailand, then I would do as I suggest above. I'm sure somebody with better knowledge of these things will be along soon with the answer you require...
    essex boys

if you are worried about being denied entry then i suggest you fly via Malaysia, if denied you would be shipped back to there, you could then try and enter via a land crossing who seem to be a bit more lenient.

were you going to get a visa or use a visa exempt entry

Blog Entries

International law requires that a passenger who is refused entry to a third-country is returned to the country of origin by the carrier who transported that passenger to the third-country. The passenger alone is responsible for the cost of transportation.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Stay home. Stay indoors. Save lives.

This is why Airlines work hard to ensure you have the right visa or meet entry requirements at the point of check in as they will be responsible for returning you to the country of origin, they may try to recover some of the costs from the passenger but ultimately (unless local laws dictate) the airline take care of the costs or the state denying you entry.
    Grahame
    เกรแฮม

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks for your time and information everyone. What I understand is, to make things less risky, it would appear my best option is to fly from the UK to a country neighbouring Thailand, then attempt to enter Thailand by air from that neighbouring country. If I am to be denied and sent back to the neighbouring country, it will be less costly and troublesome. I would then enter Thailand by land via a visa exemption stamp, which seems more likely to be issued. Please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

If you are going to fly from the uk to a country 'neighbouring ' Thailand and then fly from that country into Thailand you might as well fly direct from the uk to Thailand it's the same result, you will end up in don mueang or suvarnhabhumi airport......here is what I would do
    option 1/ fly to Thailand from the uk, if denied entry immigration normally ask you to arrange a flight out of Thailand, you could then buy a cheap flight to Laos and once in Laos you could enter Thailand at the friendship bridge land border I think immigration here are less likely to deny you entry.

option 2/ fly from uk to laos, and then as above enter Thailand by the friendship bridge land border....
    me personally I would fly to Thailand from the uk and take a chance on it, if you get denied entry refer to option 1 above
    essex boys

If you are denied entry they will almost certainly stamp your passport to show what happened!! so trying to enter at any land crossing will almost certainly be a major problem and if caught you will face a long term ban.

I would sort out the correct visa and delay until entry is more certain even if the wedding is delayed
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Rookie มือใหม่

@Essex Boys - My main reason for not wanting to risk arriving directly from the UK is, if denied entry at immigration, the airline will probably insist on sending me back to where I came from (UK), and not to a nearby country.

@Ash - I can certainly arrive with a Single Entry Tourist Visa from the UK however, due to my previous (clean, i.e. no overstays, etc) stay in Thailand, I'm not sure I will be accepted in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggs View Post
    Thanks for your time and information everyone. What I understand is, to make things less risky, it would appear my best option is to fly from the UK to a country neighbouring Thailand, then attempt to enter Thailand by air from that neighbouring country.
    I thought of doing exactly that last year, but in the end went directly to Thailand and all was OK. Worth checking what the visa position is in that neighbouring country though.

I wonder if with tourist numbers falling through the floor at the moment they won't be that strict and will welcome everyone they can get, apart from extreme cases.

Rookie มือใหม่

I wonder if with tourist numbers falling through the floor at the moment they won't be that strict and will welcome everyone they can get, apart from extreme cases.
    I thought the same thing but the recent comments by the Thai Health Minister (I think that was his position) doesn't seem to align with that thinking.

I thought of doing exactly that last year, but in the end went directly to Thailand and all was OK. Worth checking what the visa position is in that neighbouring country though.
    Can I ask what your previous recent travel history to Thailand was before you visited again?

Can I ask what your previous recent travel history to Thailand was before you visited again?
    Just several visa exempt entries over the last few years. Four last year for example. I'm going again this month, but a new calendar year so... I'm visiting my wife so if they know that they could say that I need the relevant Non-O Visa, but for a 2 week visit that would be ridiculous. I just say it is a holiday, which it is.

Blog Entries

@Essex Boys - My main reason for not wanting to risk arriving directly from the UK is, if denied entry at immigration, the airline will probably insist on sending me back to where I came from (UK), and not to a nearby country.

@Ash - I can certainly arrive with a Single Entry Tourist Visa from the UK however, due to my previous (clean, i.e. no overstays, etc) stay in Thailand, I'm not sure I will be accepted in.
    I’m finding all this very difficult to follow, why do you think you may be defused entry to Thailand? If you are denied entry on arrival at BKK, what makes you think you would gain entry at another entry point?
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Stay home. Stay indoors. Save lives.

So you have done nothing wrong except visit Thailand regularly in the past few years?????????????

I visited 2 times a month in 2000=2001 and never even got questioned and even more recently have visited 6 times in 2017.
    I think either you are hiding information or you need to chill out and relax

I do however think if you get a denied entry stamp you will be blacklisted if caught trying to enter by a different entry point
    ash

I'm visiting my wife so if they know that they could say that I need the relevant Non-O Visa
    You are getting married or so you say ??? which is it visiting you wife or getting married ????
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Rookie มือใหม่

I’m finding all this very difficult to follow, why do you think you may be defused entry to Thailand?
    Its common knowledge that, as of 2 or 3 years ago, Thai immigration are denying tourist visas to anyone with a recent, prolonged history in the country, regardless of any wrongdoing.

If you are denied entry on arrival at BKK, what makes you think you would gain entry at another entry point?
    I hadn't previously considered the possibility of having a stamp of rejection entered into my passport that would prevent me from gaining access from a different country. I was only made aware of this from an earlier post in this thread.

So you have done nothing wrong except visit Thailand regularly in the past few years?????????????
    Correct. I was pulled to the side by immigration halfway through my second METV and told they didn't believe I was a tourist, and that I wouldn't be able to enter with another tourist visa again.

I visited 2 times a month in 2000=2001 and never even got questioned and even more recently have visited 6 times in 2017.
    I think either you are hiding information or you need to chill out and relax
    I first entered in August 2017. Things have changed since then I'm afraid. You may find that out that next time you try to visit Thailand multiple times in a short space of time.

I'm not hiding anything. Anyone is welcome to fire any questions at me.

You are getting married or so you say ??? which is it visiting you wife or getting married ????
    I think you're getting confused with my posts and someone else's post. That last quote wasn't from me.

Anyway, my job in Thailand came to an end in December 2019. I'm now planning on entering Thailand again to get married, as that is the only speedy way for me to not be away from my partner.

Why don't you just get a visa before you go ?

Oh and what is an METV ?
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.