Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think you're getting confused with my posts and someone else's post. That last quote wasn't from me.
    Yes sorry my bad
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

@keith, METV is a multiple entry tourist visa, I think they are valid for 6 months but if you do some border bouncing you can get about 8 months out of it

Rookie มือใหม่

Why don't you just get a visa before you go ?
    Even if one is granted a tourist visa, it doesn't give any assurance that immigration will accept it. Their decision is now largely based on previous travel history in the country. The days of staying in Thailand on constant tourist visas is certainly over.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

I've obviously asked a question that isn't conclusively answerable. It's been interesting to hear peoples opinions and experiences though. Some useful points have been made that I hadn't considered before.

In case anyone is interested, I'll report back here with my experience at immigration once I've entered Thailand again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggs View Post
    Even if one is granted a tourist visa, it doesn't give any assurance that immigration will accept it. Their decision is now largely based on previous travel history in the country. The days of staying in Thailand on constant tourist visas is certainly over.
    I think Thailand is so desperate for tourists right now, that entering with a visa shouldn't be an issue. I have a friend staying here who was struggling with a long term visa and he was doing land crossings - several - before he got to the last chance saloon, as marked in his passport, but now has a long stay visa.
    'Tis me

I entered 3 times in 2019 over a 4 month period but I only stayed a maximum of 3 week on each visit
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

METV = Multiple Entry Tourist Visa
    Grahame
    เกรแฮม

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Entered Thailand tody, no issues. Not even a word from the immigration officer. Best experience I've had actually, lots of booths open and very short queues

Yes there had been a lot of noise over the last 12 months about them cracking down on tourist visas. But in my case it should have been obvious that I wasn't attempt to abuse them and stay long term, but as always it depends on the officer you get.

In the past two+ years I have visited thailand 26 times. Granted, they may only be for one,two or three days either end of an onward flight to China, Cambodia or HK. My tickets are mostly UK-BKK and onward purchased separately. Threfore, I have entered Thailand 52 times.
    The last time over Xmas, was the longest I have stayed for a while (21 days) on holiday.
    My passport is a mess with entry and exit stamps. Never once asked anything.
    I would imagine an immigration officer would be satisfied that some proof of upcoming marriage would suffice entry. Unless of course there is something in someone's history to the contrary.
    Thailand is leading the way on monitoring personal details on entry/exit habits of all travellers. I believe all border crossings now are full electronic/data driven.
    Judging others before you have met isn't a wise option.