Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Dad has died in Thailand

I am hoping someone can help me.
    My Dad moved to Thailand in 1999. He wanted a new life to start for the millennium. He was a very young 61 years old. He carried on working for the next 15 years in the oil industry. He married a Thai lady and looked after her children and her really well. My Mum died 2 years ago and I spoke to my Dad about how she arranged everything prior to her death. My Dad then told me he had made a Will which included me having some of his ashes, a piece of jewellery and a letter for me. I knew he had money but I wasn't interested in any of that just what he had put in his Will as they were his wishes. Sadly my Dad died on 26th January. His wife is saying there is no Will. I asked her for some of his ashes but got no reply. Today I found out that she has put his ashes in the sea. I'm heartbroken to say the least. My Dad would never lie to me. I just want my letter now. Would I be best getting a Thai solicitor to write to her? Sorry this is a long post and thank you for reading.

Sorry to hear about your father.

I would probably start with the British Embassy. The Thai authorities would have reported the death of a British National and they might have some information and could certainly offer advise. He might have lodged a copy of the will with his solicitors, if he had one?
    'Tis me

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    Sorry to hear about your father.

I would probably start with the British Embassy. The Thai authorities would have reported the death of a British National and they might have some information and could certainly offer advise. He might have lodged a copy of the will with his solicitors, if he had one?
    Agree with Caller, if possible speak to his solicitor in the UK or there is a government company in London Kensington that keeps or the burial records on file

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk