Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Type C visa

Member สมาชิก

Default Type C visa

My GF was granted a 2 year visit visa.
    The wording on her visa says something along the lines of ..... No work or recourse to public funds 180 days.
    Is 180 days the total she can stay in 2 years or is that 180 per year. Many thanks

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Looks like 180 days per visit to me

HOW MANY DAYS A VISITOR USUALLY STAY IN THE UK ON A TYPE-C VISA?

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.498039)]Certainly, a visitor can stay up to 180 per visit in the UK. And more than 180 per year if a visitor is making more than one trip in a year to the UK. However, most of the visitors have an active life in their home country. Therefore, usually, the stay is no longer than 2-3 weeks for business visitors and tourists. Perhaps, even most of the family visitors usually don’t stay longer than 1-2 months per year in the UK.[/COLOR]
    FOR HOW MANY DAYS A VISITOR CAN STAY IN THE UK IN A YEAR?

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.498039)]In light of the Immigration Rules, a genuine visitor can stay in the UK for more than 180 days in a year. However, there must be a compelling genuine reason to do so such childcare of an ailing relative.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.498039)]For example, a visitor can stay in the UK for 175 days and then return to the Home Country and after 10-15 days can re-entry the UK and stay up to 180 days as allowed during the Rules. As per the Rules relating to the frequency of visits and duration of the visit under section 4 of Immigration (Leave to Enter and Remain) Order 2000, a holder of a 5 or a 10 ten year multiple entry visit visa can repeat this throughout the validity of the visa. However, there should be a genuine reason for living so many days per year in the UK as a visitor.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.498039)]If the reason is not genuine then the leave to enter or remain can be curtailed and visitor can be removed or deported from the UK, the next application of visitor, even a family visitor such as parents, could be refused solely due to the reason of living in the UK for such an extended period of time i.e. rather temporarily visiting the UK to meet family, the visitor has made the UK his/her home, which is not allowed in the visitor rules.[/COLOR]

Member สมาชิก

Cheers Essex Boys..... I just found it strange 180 days was printed on the visa... previous visit visas didn't have this so it made me wonder if it was a restriction of 180 days over the 2 years specifically on our application. Seen other 2 year visas online that dont mention 180 days.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

It also looks like border control/ immigration do not specify the amount of time that must be spent outside of the uk, so you could go to say the Republic of Ireland or elsewhere in Europe fir a day and then re enter the uk again for another 175 days....

If you visit multiple times with short periods in between then you will be asked why and a suggestion made that you should be applying for settlement instead.

When my mother was seriously ill we visited 5 times in the 3 months before she died and stayed for approx 90 days in total. We were stopped at Hull ferry port and grilled but as we could explain we were allowed entry.

5 months later we returned to the UK permanently
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    It also looks like border control/ immigration do not specify the amount of time that must be spent outside of the uk, so you could go to say the Republic of Ireland or elsewhere in Europe fir a day and then re enter the uk again for another 175 days....
    Providing you also had a Schengen visa to enter Europe

I have no doubt that others will tell you that there is no rule or guideline on this because they always do but 180 days in a 12 month period would be wise imho. You can try and enter earlier but your girlfriend could be turned away. Essentially the border officer might think she is trying to bypass the settlement process.

Apparently there are exceptions but nobody has ever explained what they might be.

When my wife, then girlfriend, entered on her second visit visa a few years back, not long after an 18 week stay she was warned by the border officer to keep an eye on the amount of time she was staying before he let her into the UK.

A few months ago somebody on here mentioned that they'd never see the 180 day stamp before and it intrigued me so I went and checked. Both of my wife's visit visas, one six months and one two years had the 180 days stamped on them. One was the middle of 2015, the other the end of 2015. Both from almost five years ago.

Where do you find that text Essexboys?