Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default UK Visitor Visa - my wife's friend

Hi,

Loads of threads here so many experts I think. Broadly what is the process and requirements for a Thai person to apply for a holiday VISA to the UK ? She would be sponsored by me and my wife. Looks like an Online application, and then a visit or two down to Bangkok ? Thanks.

Hi Ray,

I can answer your question from the perspective of my mother-in-laws visa applications which we have done two in the last two years.

Fist of all I will list all of the documents we included as a part of the application:

(docs from UK based parties)

12 months (certified) bank statements
    Letter of support/invite
    Scans of passports
    Scan of wifes BRP
    Mortgage documents
    1 utility bill showing both names at address
    Application form
    Application receipt
    Document checklist

(docs from Thailand)

Letter stating intentions/purpose of visit.
    12 months Bank statements
    Passport
    Birth certificate
    House book
    Land ownership documents
    Name change declaration/divorce certificate

All of the Thai documents you provide must be translated by a certified translator.

The documents I provided are relevant to an application for someone coming to stay at your house.

You need to try and focus your application around his/her reason to return. If there isn't a clear reason to return they WILL bin your application. Seen it so many times on here.

Reason to return can be:

Kids in Thailand
    Kids at school in Thailand
    Stable legitimate job
    Property/land ownership
    Close parental / family ties

Im sure there are more but I cant think now and have to go to work in 2 minutes!

As for the application process, its just an online form, pay, book then go to bangkok with all the papers. I would deffo pay for the SMS & document scan assistance service when you pay.

Here is an example of our invitation letter/letter of intention:

Dear Immigration officer,
    I am writing in support of my mother in law, ********** visitor visa application. I would like to confirm that ***** and I will be supporting her everyday living costs for the duration of her visit. We will be paying for the flights and ****** will be living in my house for the entirety of her trip. We expect her to stay in England between 07/03/2020 and 14/06/2020 ***** can’t stay for any longer due to her commitments to her large family and farms in Thailand. I have attached our bank statements and house documents to prove we have enough income and savings to support her trip. Our current disposable income is around £1300+ per month. At the time of ****** arrival, we will have around £3000 in savings.
    If you have any further questions or queries about our sponsorship of her visit please do not hesitate to contact me on the above contact details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Immigration Officer,

I would like to include a supporting letter for my application for a visit visa.

My intentions are to visit the UK between 07/03/2020 - 14/06/2020 to see my family who live there (******, ****** ***** and ******). This will be my second trip to the UK to visit them.

I have work commitments in Thailand as I look after a large area of farmland and financially support my eldest granddaughter (16 years old) who also lives with me 50% of the time. I have attached documents to support the above statements. I have absolutely no intention to overstay on my visa as I may want to visit again in the future.

****** has said he will support my trip fully. I do however plan on bringing some of my own money as well (somewhere around 100k THB)

-------------------------------------------------------------

good luck :-)
    Last edited by walshie; 27th Feb 2020 at 08:05.

Thanks for the comprehensive response. That is a lot of documentation ! Lets see how we get on. Won't apply for a couple of months but will start the groundwork earlier.

How long after the visit to Bangkok do they issue the VISA ? Does that require a second visit or do you leave the passport with them and they mail it back ?

No worries people on here have helped me in the same way over the years! If you pay for the sms service they will just post your passport back with or without the visa inside

Quote Originally Posted by ray8472 View Post
    How long after the visit to Bangkok do they issue the VISA ? Does that require a second visit or do you leave the passport with them and they mail it back ?
    Processing times for visit visas are usually about 2 weeks. As Walshie said, the passport can be sent to your friends address, so only one visit to Bangkok.

Very good. How far in advance can you apply ?

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by ray8472 View Post
    Very good. How far in advance can you apply ?
    They recommend no more than 3 months before the date of travel.

Just researching this more, you can also do it out of Chiang Mai instead of Bangkok ?