Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Preparing for the Coronavirus

Though I'd start a thread for members that wish to share ideas, links or any other information to help prepare us for the virus.
    Maybe you've found a source to buy supplies that are in short supply or even tips and hacks that maybe you've learnt on your travels or in your places of work.
    It would be nice if we could keep it up beat and try and leave statistics and the news to the existing thread and use this thread as place to share ideas on how we can increase our chances of coming out of this in one piece.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Just to kick things off.........
    Today I purchased 2000 paper towels and a dispenser to put in the down stairs toilet strictly for visitors to use. Myself and 2 children will as from tomorrow only use the upstairs toilet and each have individual towels. 2 possible sources of infection were I've reduced the risk
    Towels were £18 for 2000.dispencers was £12 both ebay purchases with free postage.

Please share any ideas you may have

Spray toilet with Dettol and use a decent hand wash ( I just bought 5 liters from amazon oops sorry its just my regular order as per usual )

No real point in doing anything except the advice from the chief medical officer i.e wash hands etc.
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Quote Originally Posted by Dippychippy View Post
    ..tips and hacks
    With hand gels out of stock, there's a perfect excuse to carry around a flask of multipurpose vodka.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by livingwithathaigirl View Post
    With hand gels out of stock, there's a perfect excuse to carry around a flask of multipurpose vodka.
    The vodka will be cheaper to buy too.

Make your own Sanitiser.

Ingredients

• 1 TBSP rubbing alcohol.
    • 1/2 tsp vegetable glycerin (optional)
    • 1/4 cup aloe vera gel.
    • 10 drops cinnamon essential oil.
    • 10 drops tea tree essential oil.
    • distilled water (colloidal silver/ionic silver adds antibacterial power if available) for consistency
    • other essential oils (just for scent)

If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Distilled Vinegar (or malt) kills germs - bacteria and viruses. It is also a deodorizer and is very cheap.
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Just a reminder, have your immune systems at peak levels, eating the required nutrients / vitamins rather than taking supplements and improve your respiratory systems in doing so.
    bangkok mags

Member สมาชิก

Bamboo shoots contain 8 times more vitamin c than the same amount of pure orange juice.

Bought 4 jars of pure honey @£1.50 a jar in Morrisons,1 teaspoon in hot water with a splash of lemon helps break up phlegm.

My Lao GF uses Tiger balm for most ailments and just on a hunch that it might have some effect on the virus or the bodies defence I purchased 8x 16g tubs on ebay for £9 including postage.

Purchased 5 litres of 70% alcohol hand sanitizer on the 12th of feb for £20 just checked and the same product is now £80.

I've been taking 500mg Vit C tablets and on a program tonight they say you only need 60mg daily, the rest is wee'd out.
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Old Hand มือเก่า

how infectious is it like a cold ,,like conjunctivas,,like chicken pox,,,no one has said ,like Tb ,because if there are 115 cases in the uk by next week there is a million

Stop using cash! One of the worst things for carrying bacteria. I have been paying using Apple Pay for years and almost everywhere accepts it.

Member สมาชิก

Today I removed anything of value from my vehicles on the assumption that petty crime could increase if the police are stretched for man power.
    Tomorrow I will lock up ,hide or immobilize items of value around the yard and out buildings.
    What the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve for.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

For this virus it's vitamin D you should be taking not C. Tests prove vitamin D will increase your bodies resistance to similar corona viruses by a reasonable amount. This is also the vitamin our body produces from sunlight so living in the UK this time of year lots of people are deficient in it.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Nothing is certain but if it helps it's worth a go.
    Living in Thailand I should not be deficient.

Member สมาชิก

If your in the UK and self isolating order your shopping on line even if it cant be delivered for a couple of weeks. If your unsure what you might need then use an old shopping receipt as a guide to your usual purchases.