Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Online Visa Application

Got a trip planned in a few months so need a visa. No problem, just use the online application like I did last November, no sweat.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH, 6 hours, 7 attempts and £30 lost... DON'T DO IT

Started at 9 this morning and website kept on crashing. 6 separate visa applications I ended up doing because it kept losing the data every time I tried to save it.
    7th attempt I just went all out and input it all in one go and managed to get right to the end and the payment screen

Put the card details in, processing, payment taken...... CRASH.

No barcode page to print so cannot tie up the payment made to the application.
    OK, go back to the start and retrieve the application and see if I can get it from there.
    No applications on my login page

What a complete and utter farce.

Called London for help, did not answer the phone.

Called Hull and straight away a chap answered and when I told him he just said "come to Hull, so much easier"

So it looks like a 5/6 hour round trip to Hull in the next few weeks
    Independence Day 31st January 2020

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

I know exactly what you mean I have had exactly the same, I got my non immigrant O visa from hull on Monday morning, I went in at 9am and was back in the car heading home at 9.22am really good service from them at hull. I drove from London on the Sunday stayed at the village hotel in hull (5 minutes drive from the consulate) got a room for £39.00 very nice hotel modern and clean drive from London took close in 3 hours, any questions please feel free to ask.
    essex boys

Old Hand มือเก่า

its a joke this day and age you have to travel so far and so long for a visa to travel somewhere that would take less time ..?????

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Travelodge near Hull Railway station is only £27..

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Travelodge near Hull Railway station is only £27..

On line application in November only took 19 hours, over 5 day,
    sat at my PC punching the screen and hurling obscenities at everyone or anyone. After the payment page everything went smoothly.

Member สมาชิก

Did a visit visa app in Feb this year on my mobile phone. No problems at all.

Well, a first maybe!!! A response from the Embassy (sent an e-mail complaining about the website and said they should call me to discuss).

On Friday (6th March) the phone rang and it was the Thai Embassy in London asking if they could help me as they had read my email. They could see I had sent payment but that I had not completed the procedure.

After explaining to them what had happened the very kind lady said "no problem, I have found your application and it should now show on your profile. Please go to it and click complete and print the barcode page and post it to the embassy (with passport and SAE).

The lady hung on the phone while I fired up my PC and logged in to my profile, and sure enough I now had an application showing. Clicked complete and got the barcode page needed.

Thanked her and she rang off. I printed the page and on Saturday posted my passport off to London. Arrived this morning so hopefully starting to be processed now, fingers crossed.

So, no trip to Hull - Result. But how frustrating
    Independence Day 31st January 2020