Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Default Thai airways plane change flight from Heathrow

Morning all, got sent an email from Thai airways informing me my seat allocation had changed because they have pulled the A380 flight from London and replaced it with the 777-300ER....why don't they keep the A380 and move the flight slot to 21.25 which is usually flown by the 777-300ER and scrap the midday flight? Now they want to cram everyone onto the smaller plane. I don't know if the 21.25 flight has been cancelled I haven't looked yet

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Looks like they have pulled the 21.25 flight, the only flight now is the 12.30 flight, but they have really increased the air fare, I paid £475 for a one way flight and that is now £1,178 in economy!! Are they really chancing their arm by putting the prices up because of the coronavirus situation?....

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

My wife flew home last Friday from BKK ..8 days earlier than planned.. The ticket i bought her was non changeable . However when i went to the Finnair website they stated all tickets were changeable at no extra cost so she had just a few hours to pack and get to the airport..Excellent airline..!

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    Now they want to cram everyone onto the smaller plane.
    I very much doubt there'll be any cramming whatsoever and the cancellation and change of plane are likely due to drastically reduced numbers.

As for the price hike, it's not unusual for prices to go up nearer the flight date, or perhaps just T.I.T.? If you're still flying for £475, not your problem.
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Hi maokaang, as you have met me before I'm sure you will appreciate my figure doesn't like to be 'crammed' lol....as for flight prices I looked at thai airways this morning my one way flight has gone up to £942...so I though oh ok, maybe it's cheaper as a return, the flight out on the 7th may is still £942 and the return leg two weeks later was £242 I know the total was very close to £1200 return in economy. Just seemed strange to have such a high fare on the outward leg of the journey.

uk has just been added to Thailands 'high risk' group so anyone flying from uk need a medical cert and 100,000 usd dollar insurance premium

Thai air have or are reducing to 1 flight a day, parking up the A380's

Hi steve187, do you have a link for that information as it will affect me

Posted already here.
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    Morning all, got sent an email from Thai airways informing me my seat allocation had changed because they have pulled the A380 flight from London and replaced it with the 777-300ER....why don't they keep the A380 and move the flight slot to 21.25 which is usually flown by the 777-300ER and scrap the midday flight? Now they want to cram everyone onto the smaller plane. I don't know if the 21.25 flight has been cancelled I haven't looked yet

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Looks like they have pulled the 21.25 flight, the only flight now is the 12.30 flight, but they have really increased the air fare, I paid £475 for a one way flight and that is now £1,178 in economy!! Are they really chancing their arm by putting the prices up because of the coronavirus situation?....
    My flight has changed too. I was surposed to be on a evening flight, now they have changed or it to the morning flight.
    On the way back to the UK, they have changed my wife seat number so we are not sitting next to each other.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by te2008 View Post
    My flight has changed too. I was surposed to be on a evening flight, now they have changed or it to the morning flight.
    On the way back to the UK, they have changed my wife seat number so we are not sitting next to each other.

what date you flying

Had a mail last week from Thai to cancel my 21.25 flight and changed it to 12:30. Had to change my coach trip which cost me a fiver

Email yesterday from Thai Air to cancel my flight on 6th May but they haven't cancelled my return on 6th July

Not sure that they realise I need to go to be able to come back
    Independence Day 31st January 2020

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by steve187 View Post
    what date you flying
    1st week in August

Quote Originally Posted by te2008 View Post
    1st week in August

at the moment all flights to from UK are cancelled from 1st april til 31st may, so your ok at the moment, but knows

Old Hand มือเก่า

I had a chat on Twitter with a member of the Thai airways customer service team in London, about my wife's seat been changed with no explanation. The person said that , because of the data protection act, i am not allowed to chat with you. I said" I am the husband" he said that your wife Will have to join a social media chat services if she wants to sort this problem out.
    That's nice of him to say that. As all Thai airways staff are now working from home.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk