Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Can medication be posted to me in Thailand from the UK?

Hi guys , I am currently out in Thailand (30 days). I have taken 30 days of my medication . Maybe I’m getting a bit panicky ( but it’s a concern ), say if they suspend flights to the uk with the Coronavirus situation, I’ll run out of medication. The medication I am is not in Thailand ( I’ve checked ). Is it okay if I get someone to post it over from the uk? What I’m worried is, if I can’t and I get caught , I’m worried I’ll be in trouble and be done( apologies again , I may be paranoid but it’s a concern!). What’s my situation and what do you advice ? Thank you guys????

If I was you I'd be doing everything I could to come home asap.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

I had contact lens sent into Thailand because they don't make the type I need in Thailand. I was a nightmare. I had to register as an importer and pay duty of 400%. Drugs will be worse I would think

What medication often it would be available maybe under a different name ? Certainly Diabetes Cardiac meds are available as are meds for hypertension etc.
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Rookie มือใหม่

It’s citalopram, an anti depressant.

I am aware that Remeron (mirtazapine) is available but you need to check with a doctor before switching a good pharmacy should know what the alternatives are that can be obtained locally. I would go to an international hospital if there is one locally and ask a doctor this should not cost too much.
    Zoloft is a suggested alternative but you really need a doctors opinion good luck with finding the medications you need.
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Premium Member

British Dr running GP clinic they do medicines/repeat prescription would be worth talking to them https://www.medconsultasia.com
    MedConsult Bangkok Medical Clinic is an English and Thai-speaking General Practice medical clinic, located in the Thonglor-Phrom Phong area of Bangkok. The clinic has been providing medical services to individuals, families, and companies since 2003.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

taken from another forum
    citalopram is not available in Thailand. However escitalopram is available and is chemically very similar. It is sold without prescription under brand names:
    Most people who do well on citalopram will respond equally well to escitalopram but you should of course clear this with a doctor first.
    Note that the dosage equivalent is 1/2 that of citalopram, i.e. someone on 20 mg of citalopram would take 10 mg of escitalopram.

Lexapro (imported, expensive)
    Escitalopram Sandoz(ditto)
    Esidep (Indian generic)
    Esopam (local generic)
    Jovia 20 (local generic)

good luck in finding some

Local escitalopram (as included in steve187's list):
    p0img_XL.jpg

However, I would concentrate your efforts on getting back to the UK.

Contact the airline for the status of your existing return flight and/or alternatives that can be arranged.
    Last edited by maokaang; 22nd Mar 2020 at 04:37.
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Rookie มือใหม่

Thank you guys, as ever this forum is brilliant for advice and you are all brilliant. Will be on the case..

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ N Barton's Avatar

Very similar happened to us a couple of years ago, although the extension (for my wife) was a choice not something out of our control
    I returned home in the January and got a batch of Jumpa's medication, only available from her consultant at hospital. I boxed these up and put on the Post Office label "Prescription Drugs". I posted them on the Friday and much to our surprise they arrived in the village in Isaan on the Tuesday, don't get that bloody quick a service here.
    In the March she was running out of, coincidentally, Citalopram. I done the same again. Two years later they still haven't been delivered. Jumpa did get an alternative out there but couldn't honestly say what it was called.
    Guess what I am saying is that, yes you can get someone to send them. Whether they get there is another question
    We'll never win the Premier League,
    We'll never win a Cup,
    We'll still follow UNITED !!