Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Transport in and out of london during coronavirus

Hi Guys

I have a flight out of bangkok to heathrow on the 7th of april but many are warning me about travel problems out of london and getting taxis when i get back to my home town. My wife wants me to safety in Thailand for a couple of months until things are operating better but i worry about my family back home and the ability to keep renewing my stay in Thailand, maybe they will boot me out anyway as I have already been allowed an extra 30 days on holiday. I live in Cardiff and always get a bus from the heathrow central station. I see that the main buses still seem to be operating but i am quite concerned about getting stuck. Not even the car hire places are open when i arrive as my plane gets in at 7.20 pm and they close at 8.00 pm. Just wondered if anybody has had any experience related to this ??

Cheers and thanks in anticipation

Is there no one that can come pick you up?

Blog Entries

Tube: working on a 10 to 15 minute "special service" interval (which iisn't much of a difference from normal)
    Heathrow Express (HEX): short trains but running on a 30 minute interval
    Buses (inc Night Buses): running as normal
    National Express: running as normal, more or less. The staffed counter has been closed but the ticket machines are working
    Black taxis: available as usual
    Uber: available as usual, assume a 10 minute wait time
    Car hire: some are working, Europcar is staffed
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    Stay home. Stay alert. Save lives.

Member สมาชิก

Probably but a big ask from cardiff at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by walshie View Post
    Is there no one that can come pick you up?
    - - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Thanks Tobias

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Tube: working on a 10 to 15 minute "special service" interval (which iisn't much of a difference from normal)
    Heathrow Express (HEX): short trains but running on a 30 minute interval
    Buses (inc Night Buses): running as normal
    National Express: running as normal, more or less. The staffed counter has been closed but the ticket machines are working
    Black taxis: available as usual
    Uber: available as usual, assume a 10 minute wait time
    Car hire: some are working, Europcar is staffed

Member สมาชิก

Megabus bites the dust in england and wales. Looks like the last bus out of heathrow to wales is at 9.10 pm on national express which i doubt i can get, if they are still running by next week i guess. Things change every day. I hear that the rugby ground in cardiff is now being set up as a hospital / recovery centre ready for the increase in cases. Today i had a message from a friend that the reasons the infected figures seem so low in wales is that they are not testing many people because the welsh order for tests has fallen through. So really we do not know much at all. A bit worrying on to of worrying

Quote Originally Posted by nickj1000 View Post
    Probably but a big ask from cardiff at the moment

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Thanks Tobias

Blog Entries

Some hotels around LHR are still open and are rather cheap. Perhaps a good nights sleep before heading home might be your best/most convenient option.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Blog Entries

Nick, options appear to be reducing. National Express are to suspend all coach services from midnight on Sunday (5 April). It's looking like the train might be your only option for public transport.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Member สมาชิก

Thanks for this Tobisa. I just saw this thanks, no buses, i need to get 3 trains to get home now. Quite a conflict, my 93 old mother begs me to come home because she wants family near but has no problem with supplies thanks to neighbours. My wife ants me to stay in Thailand for another month and my brother says that as a last resort he will drive from newcastle to london and take me to cardiff and drive back to newcastle the next day but he wants me to stay in thailand for a while as well. He is 67, not an easy trip for him. Between the devil and the deep blue sea comes to mind. Thanks and Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Nick, options appear to be reducing. National Express are to suspend all coach services from midnight on Sunday (5 April). It's looking like the train might be your only option for public transport.

Member สมาชิก

Quick update for anybody interested or from wales. Decided not to go back this month because of buses stopping last sunday. Turned out the train to cardiff now involves a 6 hour wait at a change in Bristol because wales are only operating a sunday service for the seeable future. I was offered a lift by a friend who works in the hospital who then found out the his whole family has the virus and he is being checked although he is likely okay as he has been working away from home for a couple of months. Had another offer to be picked up but really you start thinking that anybody who helps you could get a problem moving out of their zone. So I am staying until May and see what develops, in particular the buses etc out of heathrow. Looks like many visa's are going to be renewed without problem judging by the reports in the press. Thanks for your help heads up on stuff Tobias. Cheers