Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default 90 days visa options

Hi everyone

We are looking for the cheapest option for my husband to obtain a 90 days visa.

Has anyone one got experience applying for non o single entry 90 days based on marriage?

We could apply for a 60 days tourist visa then extend for 30 days at a cost of 1900b or approx £50, this means overall we will pay more so would prefer the first option.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Lyn

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Best place is Hull, but depends where you are, if you are Thai then your husband can get a 60 day extension in Thailand one time only on each entry 30 day, 60 day or 90 day,1,900 thb, don't know when you were thinking of travelling , but Thailand is closed to all non Thai's.
    be safe

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks for your reply.

We are thinking towards the end of the year if the situation allowed or sometimes early next year. We are in south west of London. Yes I am Thai. Do you mean he can get 60 days extension in one application? I thought you could only have 30 day extension only at one time?

Thanks

Lyn

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

We are thinking towards the end of the year if the situation allowed or sometimes early next year. We are in south west of London. Yes I am Thai. Do you mean he can get 60 days extension in one application? I thought you could only have 30 day extension only at one time?

Thanks

Lyn
    60 day 'visit Thai wife' extensions are allowed on any entry , but only one per entry, some offices allow a 30 day extension followed by a 60 day extension on 60 day tourist visa entry, each extension is 1,900 baht, and you would have to be with your husband at local immigration, to apply for the 60 day extension, no financials required.

the problem with the Thai embassy web site for visas it that its hard to work through to get the result you need, i use Hull as i don't like to part with my passport and also is less than an hours drive from my home city Lincoln. i am now on a yearly 'married' extension ( financials apply) so no need for visas anymore.

if you only require a 90 day entry a cheaper way to avoid the grief of getting a visa would be to entry on a 30 day visa exempt entry, and obtain a 60 day 'wife ' extension at local immigration 1,900 thb, 2 things on this method would be that
    1/ you will need a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days of arrival to be allowed boarding by the airline, ( a cheap refundable ticket could be used)
    2/ you may need to complete a tm30 upon arrival at your residence in Thailand

hope you have a good trip after all this covid mess.

Rookie มือใหม่

That is a very useful advice, thank you. Will save us time and money, rather not go to the embassy in London.
    My husband will only need 90 days. We did the tm30 last time which was very easy and had our marriage recognised in Thailand already when I changed my surname.

I am a bit confused, shouldn’t we just book the return ticket for the 90th day? Why only 30 days?

Really appreciate your help
    Thanks

Lyn

book the return ticket for 90 days,
    but the rules of the 30 day visa exempt entry are that a ticket out of Thailand is required within 30 days of your arrival, the airlines enforce this rule, as they have to fly the person home if entry is refused, but immigration normally are not concerned about it, some buy a throw away cheap 500 thb ticket, some buy a refundable ticket.

Rookie มือใหม่

Thank you with all the advice I just wasn’t sure what you meant.
    Really appreciate it.

Lyn