Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by ray8472 View Post
    From what I've seen in the press that is very, very rare and also calls into question the accuracy of the tests. But as this virus mutates and changes the possibility is still there I guess. The flu is different every year for example, whether that implies anything for covid-19 or not I don't know.
    I read today that if you lost your sense of smell and taste it is a symptom to consider now. When I arrived in Thailand from China I had a chesty cough but no other symptoms, certainly no fever or temperature. As it was in January I put it down to a nasal infection but ... I could't smell a thing for over a month. None of my family picked up a thing so who knows.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Yes they say the virus appeared as early as October so anything is possible. I also had a lot of symptoms back in January, but they did a chest XRay which was apparently OK, and no-one I had contact with got it as far as I know, so probably unlikely. I'm not sure if the chest XRay always reveals Covid or not, they wouldn't have been looking for it, and by the time I got it the symptoms had gone anyway. That is part of the problem with this, many symptoms could just be a mild flu and the vast majority of tests are negative.

Member สมาชิก

The vast majority of test arnt accurate

The vast majority of test arnt accurate
    Absolute crapola approved tests are accurate 99.9999% of the time
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Member สมาชิก

99.9999 % wow that must be one of the worlds most accurate tests. Designed and manufactured for a novel virus in just over 4 months amazing job.
    Think in time you will find that said tests only helped in spreading the virus due to false results and people either thinking they are immune and then being a carrier or being told they haven't had it only to catch it unknowingly and spreading it to others that are told they are virus free. Either way we will all end up contracting the virus and tbh this is the only way I can see out of the current dilemma.

Are talking about the antibody tests ?
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

There is a huge difference in a test showing anti bodies and being immune but does not make the test wrong??

The test showing currently infected does not mean you will not catch the virus a few seconds later again not a flaw in the test just a failure to predict the future.

Corona virus's are well understood and testing can detect infections and are based on known science there will be false positives and cases where the viral load in so small that it will not register again that's not a bad test.

We will all almost certainly catch the disease or in many cases will already have caught it.

I base my comments on having access to clinical trials data not the media and not all tests are equal but Roche has thrown a huge amount of resources into this arena and trials show a high degree of accuracy to date.

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Absolute crapola approved tests are accurate 99.9999% of the time
    Studies from early in the outbreak in China have suggested that swabs taken by healthcare professionals may give a 30 per cent “false negative” rate, where infected people are told they don’t have the virus

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg24632823-200-how-accurate-are-the-results-from-self-testing-for-covid-19-at-home/#ixzz6MyBF8lza

I believe that the government are not releasing data from the results of home test kits. I wonder why?
    aka Spud / aka MF

Studies from early in the outbreak in China have suggested that swabs taken by healthcare professionals may give a 30 per cent “false negative” rate, where infected people are told they don’t have the virus
    Agree but these tests were not approved and were in China

Member สมาชิก

Hi walshie. Out of curiosty was yiur flight cancelled. Mine was with eva air on the 2nd of june and they cancelled it and have asked me fir 250 extra pounds to put me in on another day which seems to be largely Sunday's
    Quote Originally Posted by walshie View Post
    My mother-in-law is due to fly back with EVA air on 14th June. At present my wife seems to think that her mum will have to enter a state run quarantine area for two weeks. Because of this she is wanting to move her mums flight back by a couple of months in the hope this will no longer be the case in august!
    Is there any truth to this?
    Last edited by Tobias; 20th May 2020 at 11:25. Reason: Corrected BBCode to display quote correctly

Her flight has not been cancelled, presumably because it is already booked for their Sunday flight?

My wife is really worried shes saying there are queues of 500+ people outside the Thai embassy in London trying to get on these flights. She is also saying that people are having to get a certificate of good health from a GP before the airlines will let you board.

When we return to the real world away from the weird Thai Facebook groups, I have found the "GP health note" is really just a form you print off from EVA airways website to sign saying you have not been poorly in the last 14 days!!

I can't possibly imagine why there are massive queues for the embassy?

Surely they can't force you to pay another £250 when they are the ones who cancelled your flight?

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I hope the tests are accurate as Jan and I were tested last week and proved negative, Fingers crossed. Be safe everyone.
    Melnathan

Member สมาชิก

Hi Walshie. EVA Air are telling me that when i booked my flight i paid the economy basic rate which they were advertising throughout the June period but after the flights were reduced to one a week and mine was cancelled the economy basic is no longer available and i will have to pay a higher rate of standard economy or economy up. They tell me this is EVA air policy. Either pay or get your money back. I have not seen anybody else pay more on airline cancelled flights but i must presume that they are trying to get everybody who paid for Economy Basic in June to pay an extra amount unless you were lucky enough to have booked the Sunday flight in the first place. Not happy about this but apparently i have until the 3rd of july to make my mind up or they keep the money. I think you are very lucky it was a sunday flight you booked !

Quote Originally Posted by walshie View Post
    Her flight has not been cancelled, presumably because it is already booked for their Sunday flight?

My wife is really worried shes saying there are queues of 500+ people outside the Thai embassy in London trying to get on these flights. She is also saying that people are having to get a certificate of good health from a GP before the airlines will let you board.

When we return to the real world away from the weird Thai Facebook groups, I have found the "GP health note" is really just a form you print off from EVA airways website to sign saying you have not been poorly in the last 14 days!!

I can't possibly imagine why there are massive queues for the embassy?

Surely they can't force you to pay another £250 when they are the ones who cancelled your flight?

Old Hand มือเก่า

Always a whiff that follows the aviation industry when it comes to after-sales services and transparency.

I read that Rolls Royce have cut 9,000 jobs in a heartbeat following this situation. I'm certain they were using the Furlough scheme and now they're faced with delving into their own pockets they're taking the easy way out. I'm not saying they'll suffer financially but there must be an alternative if they were determined to help. Just seems very soon to cut so many UK jobs.

Member สมาชิก

I think he is half correct in that they are not waiting for it to go right down before re-opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnet View Post
    Where did you read that? I thought that people who had contracted the virus could actually get it a second time.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by nickj1000 View Post
    I think he is half correct in that they are not waiting for it to go right down before re-opening.
    Surely that is to help the economy more. My point is I have not heard a quote from the Govt. about this herd immunity theory. To my very basic understanding, until it is proven 100% that contracting the virus leads to certain immunity nobody could possibly entertain the idea of such a gamble.

The Swede's have relaxed their measures from the start and in comparison to their neighbours they have made a massive error. They're been courted with this herd immunity tag also. If it is scientifically unproven then in my mind it is as good, or bad as a rumour.

Blog Entries

People arriving in the UK must self-isolate for 14 days from 8 June to help slow the spread of coronavirus, the government has said.

Travellers will need to tell the government where they will quarantine, with enforcement through random spot checks and £1,000 fines in England.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52774854

I will keep any eye out for the Statutory Instrument that will set out the new law. Once published I'll be able to provide an explanation of how it will work in practice and how it will affect both visitors and UK residents returning home.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    Stay home. Stay alert. Save lives.

Member สมาชิก

I know what you mean but herd immunity was their original plan and they had no proof that it would work then. I agree they are trying to get the economy going but along with this they are ready to take on board a lot more infections to do it. Not sure how it will play out, a lot depends on people's behaviour and social distancing which I would hope will be a lot better than a few months ago. At the moment although everything is coming down it is still very prevelant
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnet View Post
    Surely that is to help the economy more. My point is I have not heard a quote from the Govt. about this herd immunity theory. To my very basic understanding, until it is proven 100% that contracting the virus leads to certain immunity nobody could possibly entertain the idea of such a gamble.

The Swede's have relaxed their measures from the start and in comparison to their neighbours they have made a massive error. They're been courted with this herd immunity tag also. If it is scientifically unproven then in my mind it is as good, or bad as a rumour.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by nickj1000 View Post
    I know what you mean but herd immunity was their original plan and they had no proof that it would work then. I agree they are trying to get the economy going but along with this they are ready to take on board a lot more infections to do it. Not sure how it will play out, a lot depends on people's behaviour and social distancing which I would hope will be a lot better than a few months ago. At the moment although everything is coming down it is still very prevelant
    It was not their original plan it was considered as were countless other options. All I am saying is show me evidence of the Govt. actually stating that they planned or plan to endorse herd immunity, if not this is simply people misinterpreting information or making it up.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Well if this would have been normal season the Tories would have just committed suicide with this ,,but the opposition is limited due to covid 19 how to abuse your power ,,
    A reminder ,,,remember Boris borrowed votes that is all they was .
    Big gamble this on how to push a contact tracing app through it will not work ..old school are getting fed up up and will just throw there phones in the bin trust me when i retire its the first thing i get rid of .Big Brother Big Brother .
    But then again money to be earned ferry service France to Dover £1000 per customer maximum of 50 per dingy =Thats £50,000 for a one way trip ..
    the customer gets free NHS check up, free dental check up,vouchers to shop at Morrison to the value of £30 per person and each qualifying child up to a maximum of £250 per week ,,also free accommodation at any 4 star plus hotel because no one is using them .just isolate for 2 weeks we are not interested if you have not got a visa and are breaking the UK law .Do not worry just say me no speak English you be OK as long as no other state in the world has your fingerprints ,facial recognition and eye retinal scanner you will be fine ,
    Yes as Trump says your invasion or i would say criminals .
    The Thais would not mess about if you was illegal and had no rights to be there .Unless you had big pockets .
    This will come back to haunt them or are they confident enough young can not live with out there mobile we have had a thread on this last year mobile use .
    By the way from what i have observed is they the government have not much time left to push what they want the public will decide with there feet like i am witnessing as days go on .

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    I disliked the post because it made no sense as per usual ??
    glad we cleared that up ..It is hard to write something .I suppose it takes a knack to express yourself and sometimes i write how i would speak .I am looking at connections why some are bad some are not .IE the UK to Thailand am i missing something here .Thailand and Vietnam,Cambodia are not 3rd world ,have a better health system ,or just do not report deaths and just get on with life to a extent .
    Strange one this .Or for a conspiracy there all grow rice for china .
    Last edited by Samsung; 23rd May 2020 at 08:11.