Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
    Blog Entries

RSS Feed NHS Surcharge to be scrapped for overseas care staff

NHS staff and care workers from overseas are to be exempt from paying a surcharge to use the health service after mounting pressure from MPs.

Officials are working on the details and more will be announced "in the coming days".
    It is understood the plan will include exemptions for all NHS workers, including porters and cleaners, as well as independent health workers and social care workers.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52761052
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    Stay home. Stay alert. Save lives.

Old Hand มือเก่า

its good but wrong ,,,the list is long and all are not being included .so its wrong and i hope others that are not included take it upon themselves to take the UK government to court and sue for discrimination .ITS WRONG AND CORRUPT .I will tell the wife that letter she got from whoever is in charge of the prisons means squat your not a key worker risking your life for the last 6 months going to work so the prisons can remain functional and you are looking after lots of key staff .POINT SCORING AT ITS BEST .A NATIONAL DISGRACE IF YOU ASK ME OR A CAR CRASH .how does some one sweeping up at a hospital deserve this yet my wife does not who makes the ppe for them go figure .

I don't get your rant Samsung;whilst it's been commendable work making PPE equipment it's not exactly life threatening is it?
    Anybody who has to go to work ,regardless of what they do,everyday,often working very long shifts in a virus riddled environment surely comes into a different category to other key workers.
    Would you like to clean up and change bedding etc everyday in a covid ward?

Old Hand มือเก่า

i get your point as well ...but them people would not have been able to go to work if my wife had not .that is a fact .so what difference was her or the girl that sold you your tin of spam at asda NONE ..
    So do not treat them different ,like i said its wrong ,Its got to be a breeze cleaning nightingale .Facts i deal in not fantasy .
    My wife or me has not come home everyday after working and stripped naked at the door and thrown our cloths in the wash then showered for 30 mins then watched the BBC showing death and saying do not go out while our place of work has said your a key worker for the last few months THAT IS THERE CHOSEN PROFESSION WANT THE PAY BUT DO NOT WANT TO DO THE JOB GET REAL ITS HOW THE CHOCOLATE BISCUIT MELTS. THIS IS MY POINT .
    also why has them overpaid football players not gone to work not life threatening is it kicking a bag of wind .
    Or even better i could let her answer the question how worried she has been and stressed because she comes under the BAME group going to work everyday even abused on her way some Muppet coughing in her face yes when boris first announced the lock down not a lot of people went to work for around 6 weeks i know that because i drive up and down the M6 and i saw it with my own eyes most people sat at home for 6 weeks .
    ITS a point scoring exercise which boris lost .
    Last edited by Samsung; 23rd May 2020 at 11:37.

Blog Entries

In that case should NHS and care-workers pay up like everyone else, Samsung?
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    In that case should NHS and care-workers pay up like everyone else, Samsung?
    Yep

Very disappointed that the Govt have buckled on this one.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I think it's a good decision and the right thing to do.
    People have come over here to work for the NHS and take care of us and doing a job that other people won't do.
    It is only fair that they don't have to pay the surcharge.
    Most roles are quite poorly paid for what they do.

I would also say from what I've seen that there are a significant number of people from overseas working for mental health trusts. I wouldn't want to work in that environment for any money.

Old Hand มือเก่า

But the visa extensions only apply to doctors and nurses ,
    i think maybe a application form for every case and an independent body could have examined each case on its merits have they been forced to work for the first 3 months while a lot of people stayed at home .should be the first question .
    Like i said i drive up and down the M6 everyday and it was like the scene out of 28 days later 4 lanes to myself .
    so the list would have been small the girl at asda on the till everyday the food packers warehouse staff all should have been treated the same because without them WHERE WOULD WE BE ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    But the visa extensions only apply to doctors and nurses...
    Wasn’t this also extended last week to include others in the care sector?
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Old Hand มือเก่า

it could have been i am not sure i watched a clipping from some where about this sure it was priti petal s brief.