Likes Likes:  61
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Default New 'Normal' for Visitors to Thailand

Nobody going back soon or cheaply
    https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-ne...irus-persists/

Blog Entries

Thanks for posting this jimmbo60, given its importance I think it deserves its own thread.

For context, here is a quote from the article:

"Deputy Immigration Bureau Commander explains the legal and official situation for foreigners currently seeking access to Thailand. While asking for patience and cooperation at this time, Choengron Rimphadi explains that without a vaccine or the virus disappearing, it is likely that there will be heightened security and control over inward travel to the kingdom in a ‘new normal’ era."

Not particularly pleasant or encouraging reading for those of us who visit Thailand for family or business purposes.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Not particularly pleasant or encouraging reading for those of us who visit Thailand for family or business purposes.
    I would imagine there will be different rules for business rather than pleasure....

If the work we are doing is business critical I believe we will get access to the Kingdom sooner rather than later. I would hope so anyway!
    Grahame
    เกรแฮม

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Thailand has always wanted to track foreigners in Thailand I suspect there will be track and trace requirements that will last well beyond these and any other requirements that will undoubtedly be introduced.

Who would have thought that David Icke would now be the sanest man on this planet...….he called it, no travel unless you have had that little needle in your arm, all the other countries will fall like dominos and introduce the same measures.
    Why o why don't we just do a proper hard lockdown for 4-6 weeks, nobody outside, no movement what so ever and suffocate the virus completely, rather than pussyfooting for 2-5 months of plenty of movement, you can wear masks if you want, try not to go here or there, do this or that, you can still meet in groups of 2 or 3 or 4 blah blah blah and still after all this time the virus is still rife and circulating. Beggars belief....

Rant over and remember, Stay Safe, Stay out of Wales and Save lives

Old Hand มือเก่า
    ต้องการนักแปล

ALL country's want track and trace .every one of them .20 years from now they would have had it just GREEDY and want it NOW .
    Every country has been suppressed can one make it out maybe Hong Kong ,,Taiwan but most of the rest have fallen ,

Why o why don't we just do a proper hard lockdown for 4-6 weeks, nobody outside, no movement what so ever and suffocate the virus completely
    You would still need essential workers to keep the electric/water/gas/NHS etc going, but that could also be covered by certain employees "living" at the work premises and others working from home, (a slightly loser version of this has been in place at our NHS Trust, at one point there were only 2 people in a building that would normally house hundreds. Food supplies would also need to be covered, and then very strict controls of travellers into the country. The biggest stumbling point though, as in the lockdown, is there would still be too many people that would not follow the rules or protest so much about their individual loss of freedom (basically to not give a sh*t about anyone else) and so it would be doomed to failure, especially from the knowledge we now have from the existing attempt at lockdown.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I would hope these restrictions on entry would apply to the Chinese too. But I guess they will be classed as safe tourists and will be exempt from insurance requirements, medical certificates and any quarantine. Because as we know nothing dangerous ever comes out of China. I really really really hope that I am wrong as you cannot trust anything from China, there is no freedom of information.

Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    I would hope these restrictions on entry would apply to the Chinese too. But I guess they will be classed as safe tourists and will be exempt from insurance requirements, medical certificates and any quarantine. Because as we know nothing dangerous ever comes out of China. I really really really hope that I am wrong as you cannot trust anything from China, there is no freedom of information.
    The Chinese, Sth Koreans and a couple of other places have already been designated 'safe tourists' or whatever the term is. Despite sporadic outbreaks across China. Basically, Prayet licks their boots.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

I was reading this too..I did not realise there were some many people cut off! I cannot see it getting any better soon. I might be lucky to see Ohm at the end of the year at this rate

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-ne...ador-mckinnon/

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Blog Entries

To provide context to the link provided by jimmbo60:

The government has set July 1 for the lift of all business and activity lockdowns ordered earlier to cope with the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19), said the National Security Council chief.

These include interprovincial and international travel, as well as the end of emergency decree and curfew.

NSC secretary-general Gen Somsak Rungsita said on Thursday that the lift of restrictions would be a complete reopening of the country. Officials would next month prepare measures for the reopening.

"Authorities will have serious discussions because after the emergency decree ends, other laws will be used instead," he said.

"People's cooperation is important. This concerns the use of face masks, social distancing, hand wash and limited activities. As long as the disease is spreading worldwide, we will have to fight against it for a while."
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Very encouraging. But still a bit vague. It mentions international travel but I'm not sure if that means the borders are open again and if there is a quarantine or not. We will have to wait for those details.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ray8472 View Post
    ... It mentions international travel but I'm not sure if that means the borders are open again and if there is a quarantine or not...
    I think the clue is in this paragraph of the Bangkok Post article:

... "Authorities will have serious discussions because after the emergency decree ends, other laws will be used instead," ...
    I think it is certain that there will be restrictions and other obligations placed on foreign visitors, let’s hope whatever those measures are they are not prohibitive.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Thanks. I normally travel to Chiang Rai. If I was able to book the usual end to end ticket with EVA Air, which involves transit in Suvarnabhumi and transfer to Bangkok Airways or Thai Smile to Chiang Rai, then any quarantine could be served at our home there in Chiang Rai. I'd be happy with that. What I wouldn't want is 14 days quarantine in Bangkok.

Edit: Too early to think of booking, but all that Skyscanner gives for early July is SWISS Air to Zurich and then Bangkok, then in transit forThai Smile. For the reasonable price of just over £500 direct from SWISs website. Will keep an eye on that as well as the usual EVA air, it is an option I haven't considered before.
    Last edited by ray8472; 28th May 2020 at 19:44.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

I think it is certain that there will be restrictions and other obligations placed on foreign visitors, let’s hope whatever those measures are they are not prohibitive.
    Yes, I concur, I have been working solidly now for 94 days without a day off and I am ready for home, fingers crossed for my next rotation out off here at the end of July.

Old Hand มือเก่า
    ต้องการนักแปล

Swiss are a good airline But you do need to be looking at the airlines with flexi deals

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    Swiss are a good airline But you do need to be looking at the airlines with flexi deals
    BA’s current policy is very good, for departures before 31 December 2020 you can cancel without penalty and receive a travel voucher that can be used up to 30 April 2022!
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Thanks for the tips, yes will book directly with an airline and that has flexi deals, once the situation is clarified.

Old Hand มือเก่า
    ต้องการนักแปล

i have just got my eye on some BA flights at x mas £700 good flight times these are normally £900 at this time of year and they come with flex i ticket i believe the term is .
    These are from Manchester to Bangkok return .