Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  61
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Insurance Cover covid 19

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/117..._campaign=news

According to a Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand notification, distributed to Air Operators, the seven groups of foreigners expected to be allowed entry from 1st July, must have appropriate insurance policies.

The regulations state that passengers must show they have medical insurance which applies in Thailand and covers anything and everything to do with covering COVID19. The minimum medical coverage in Thailand is for an amount of not less than USD 100,000.

This is in addition to checking that before flying passengers must have obtained a ‘Fit to Fly’ health certificate certifying that passengers pose no risk of being infected by COVID 19 virus and this to be issued no more than 72 hours prior to date of travel.
    Last edited by jimmbo60; 2nd Jul 2020 at 14:11.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

Has anyone found any insurers where we can get the insurance to be able to get in to Thailand?
    If so can we share links as I am not having any joy ( I could have already missed it on another thread), mine would need to be travel insurance whilst already abroad..

Am I right in saying that as long as COVID is NOT part of the exclusions then it could be classed as giving you cover? Would that be enough to satisfy Thai immigration etc. Because I have not seen any travel insurance stating 'We are covering you for COVID'...has anyone else?

I'm sure that Thailand knows exactly what they are doing.

Opening the door but then turning on the invisible force field to prevent entry.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonerider View Post
    Am I right in saying that as long as COVID is NOT part of the exclusions then it could be classed as giving you cover? Would that be enough to satisfy Thai immigration etc. Because I have not seen any travel insurance stating 'We are covering you for COVID'...has anyone else?
    Rules are very specific, even for Thailand. Cover to the value of 100,000 US dollars needed.

I agree with Keith. Unless they scrap this requirement, no-one from the West will be entering Thailand anytime soon.
    'Tis me

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Maybe try one of the brokers that deals with expat insurance. If anyone knows of any policies it would likely be one of them.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=95006403011

- COVID-19 test at Survanabhumbi cost 3,000 THB
    - Results available in just 90 minutes

Thailand's main international airport unveiled rapid coronavirus tests on Friday for some overseas arrivals after a three-month ban on foreign visitors was partially lifted this month.

All foreigners, except those with work permits, have been barred since March, but after more than five weeks with no recorded community transmission of the virus, Thailand is allowing in some groups of foreigners.

Business travellers, diplomats and government guests staying for less than 14 days are considered "fast track travellers" who will be swab tested for the disease at Suvarnabhumi airport to make ensure they are infection-free before entry.

"The test itself takes around one hour and a half," said Suwich Thammapalo, an official of Thailand's disease control department, adding that its use could be expanded in future for other arrivals and tourists.

The airport test, costing 3,000 baht (77.15 pounds) each, is one requirement for fast-track entry without spending 14 days in quarantine, and is required of other foreigners recently allowed in, ranging from those with resident status or family in the country, as well as international students.

That is great news, so take the test on arrival, wait 90 mins for the result, and no 14-day quarantine.

Assuming you can get permission to enter.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

how long will the queue be to take test lol

Found a company offering Covid cover on their travel insurance.

https://www.medicaltravelcompared.co...ign=2020%JUL01
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Quote Originally Posted by -Keith- View Post
    Found a company offering Covid cover on their travel insurance.

https://www.medicaltravelcompared.co...ign=2020%JUL01
    Well it's a start, but it's really a comparison site and you have to check with each provider what covid cover is provided, if any to Thailand.
    'Tis me

Quote Originally Posted by ray8472 View Post
    That is great news, so take the test on arrival, wait 90 mins for the result, and no 14-day quarantine.

Assuming you can get permission to enter.
    Not for tourists as yet, if ever and for those to whom it is available you must be staying less than 14 days and I presume still have all the other paperwork in order and be on a Eva/Thai one way ticket booked via the embassy. Seems they just keep adding the hoops and costs. Be nice if they dropped the 72 hour prior covid test otherwise one might think it was all about the money... it would be prudent to get a test done anyway before you travel as you wouldn't want the hassle and cost of testing positive there and I wonder what happens if the test comes back inconclusive, free second test...

Yes, it has very limited effect at the moment. As long as they have the capacity, maybe they will extend the scope eventually.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...tes-creak-ajar

Thailand is going to be a great place to visit in the future, looks like tour groups from China are welcomed though as they are renowned for being big spenders I believe.

Looks like the tourist island folk want the tourists but want the restrictions that will stop them coming. Every country wants the rich tourists that spend lots of cash and Thailand will get some too, but many of those are people returning somewhat older from the holidays they had years before as backpackers. You can't pick and chose.

Old Hand มือเก่า

"Ms Chalermlak pointed out most Thai tourists still think Patong beach is too expensive and said she had urged local businesses to lower their prices and run promotions. Locals should also turn to agriculture more instead of relying only on tourism, she added."

Nice to see it's not just me that thinks Phuket is a rip off then.

We went to Ko Kret Island (Nonthaburi) yesterday, the queues for the '' Ko Kret Tour '' were horrendous, but we just got a long tail taxi boat from Wat Boa (Pak Kret) no social distancing at all for the '' Tour '' from what I could see and their boats were all jam packed, mask usage was hit and miss, and in the narrow lanes of the OTOP market was a bit of a OMG.
    Also went to Wat Borom Racha Kanjanapisek Anusorn (huge Chinese temple) in Bang Bua Thong, to go inside needed government ID and address written in a book, needed to go through a disinfection booth (spray / mist) and they have barriers up so that everyone needs to go to the same place for entry IE cannot now just go through the main gate as before.
    IMG_0050.jpg
    In the past can just go in and up the steps (physical barriers now prevent access) and security guard now gives advice where to go for entry.
    Went to Vietnam Pathum Thani (Pathum Thani City) which is very popular, have to wait outside until a table becomes available, but given a menu to choose and they take orders prior to entry, all servers / cooks wear masks, and tables cleared and disinfected after each use, very enjoyable.
    bangkok mags

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Director-General of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) Chula Sukmanop on 2 July 2020 issued the Notification on Conditions for Aircraft Permission to Enter Thailand (No.2). The following notification will come into effect from 3 July 2020.

Notification on Conditions for Aircraft Permission to Enter Thailand (No.2)

In reference to the Notification of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) on Conditions for Aircraft Permission to Enter Thailand, issued on 29 June B.E. 2563 (2020), prescribing the conditions for permitting aircraft to enter the Kingdom of Thailand from foreign countries;

In order to provide a guideline for those involved and ensure the consistency with Regulation Issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations B.E. 2548 (2005) (No. 12), issued on 30 June B.E. 2563 (2020), and the Order of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration No. 7/2563 Re: Guidelines based on Regulations Issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations B.E. 2548 (2005) (No. 6), issued on 30 June B.E. 2563 (2020), by virtue of Section 27 and 28 of the Air Navigation Act B.E. 2497, the CAAT Director-General hereby issues the notification as follows:

1. The Notification of CAAT on Conditions for Aircraft Permission to Enter Thailand, issued on 29 June B.E. 2563 (2020), shall be abolished.

2. Aircraft carrying persons shall be banned from entering into the airport in Thailand unless it falls with any of the following categories:

(1) State or military aircraft;

(2) Emergency landing flights;

(3) Technical landing flights without disembarkation;

(4) Humanitarian aid, medical and relief flights;

(5) Repatriation flights;

(6) Cargo flights;

(7) Passenger flights carrying the persons permitted to enter Thailand as prescribed in 3.

3. The entry into Thailand of the persons of any of the following types, by aircraft, shall be permitted, provided that they comply with the conditions, time limits and rules of the authorized persons under the Thai immigration law, communicable diseases law, air navigation law, and the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations, for the prevention of the spread of disease and the organization of the number of persons entering Thailand in accordance with the capability of the competent officers or the communicable disease control officers for the screening and arrangement of facilities for isolation, quarantine and control for observation:

(1) Thai nationals;

(2) Persons with exemption or persons being considered, permitted or invited by the Prime Minister, or the head of responsible persons accountable for resolving state of emergency issues to enter the Kingdom, pertaining to necessity. Such consideration, permission or invitation may be subject to specified conditions and time limits;

(3) Persons on diplomatic or consular missions or under International organizations, or representatives of foreign government performing their duties in the Kingdom, or persons of other international agencies as permitted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs pertaining to necessity, including their spouse, parents, or children;

(4) Carriers of necessary goods, subject to immediate return after completion;

(5) Crew members who are required to travel into the Kingdom on a mission, and have a specified date and time for return;

(6) Non-Thai nationals who are a spouse, parents, or children of a Thai national;

(7) Non-Thai nationals who hold a valid certificate of permanent residency in the Kingdom, or permission to take up residence in the Kingdom;

(8) Non-Thai nationals who have work permit or have been granted permission from government agencies to work in the Kingdom, including their spouse or children;

(9) Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational institutions approved by Thai authorities, including the parents or guardians of the students, except for students of non-formal educational institutions under the law on Private schools and of other similar private educational institutions;

(10) Non-Thai nationals who are in need of medical treatment in Thailand, and their attendants. However, this shall not include medical treatment for COVID-19;

(11) Non-Thai nationals who are permitted to enter the Kingdom under a special arrangement with a foreign country.

4. To enter the Kingdom, the persons under 3. shall comply with Disease Prevention Measures for the Persons Entering the Kingdom to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Annexed to the Order of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration No. 7/2563, issued on 30 June B.E. 2563 (2020).

For more information, please contact the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) at 02 568 8800.

Source: https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/5...Q50tP2INRa5QfA

This report in the Bangkok Post relates to a very small survey asking if people from other countries should be allowed to enter Thailand again.
    It's interesting what questions were asked especially in my mind about medical tourism which all along seems to have been an approved way of entering Thailand and the related question on those medical tourists being allowed to move around and how that would stimulate the tourist industry (as if).
    This report features in the paper so in my mind the questions have been written in a way so as not to get a true picture rather to express the thoughts of those in power.
    I would expect the answers to be very diffent if asked to people who's income depends on tourisim.
    I also don't necessarily disagree with the position Thailand is taking personally I don't care I can wait to go back but this will devistate so many there who rely on tourists.
    I see from other posts flights in August are now being cancelled, bottom line is unless you are able to use the repatriation route no ones going there for several months. I reserve the right to be wrong about that though, glass half full eh.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...oreigners-poll
    Last edited by Natty; 12th Jul 2020 at 08:28.

Latest rumour is the Thai military has brought into the country an American military man (without quarantine) and allowed him to go shopping in Raying at a shopping mall. He was "allegedly" later tested positive for covid 19. No one it seems knows what mall or what day or time. If there is truth in this it is a kick in the teeth for all Thai people who have worked hard to keep the country free of the disease. Hope it's not true but the military also were responsible for the largest outbreak on Nontha buri some boxing match if memory serves me right.

Apparently it was an Egyptian military man and he visited two malls and did not stay on base but a hotel in the city. Looks like it's another case of do as we say not do as we do.
    OH dear!