Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  61
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I've never flown BA, will check it out for sure. In the past I've always had to go with the airlines that have a 30kg luggage allowance when travelling with my wife, but since she is already there now, 20kg is ample for me

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Just seen this:
    ‪Ministry of Foreign Affairs has just sent out this letter to all Foreign Chambers of Commerce in Thailand. It details the procedure for non-Thai nationals to re-enter the country. But they must have a valid work permit or have permission by a government agency to work.
    It is a 'case by case' basis and having all the required doesn't guarantee an entry certificate will be issued. NOT an automatic approval.
    The second attached sheet tells you what you need to apply.
    Quarantine costs appear to be between 30,000 and 45,000 baht

1️⃣ This procedure is NOT for other visa holders. Only for people who legally work in Thailand
    2️⃣ If you don’t have a work permit yet, but your new employer can get a permission to work document from the Ministry of Labour, then you can also apply
    3️⃣ The health insurance seems to be just for your travel to Thailand as normally social security covers everything while inside Thailand.
    4️⃣ The fit to fly certificate is not for COVID-19 and should be easily available

‪#COVID19 #โควิด19 #Thailand‬ ‬

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ray8472 View Post
    I've never flown BA, will check it out for sure. In the past I've always had to go with the airlines that have a 30kg luggage allowance when travelling with my wife, but since she is already there now, 20kg is ample for me

Ray, when pricing up flights on BA be careful. There are different fare types and the very lowest does not include checked luggage - the one without luggage is 'Economy Basic'. If you chose 'Economy Standard' you get 1 x 23kg bag included. For BKK Economy Standard fares are about £30 each way more expensive than the 'basic' fare. BA fares are about £525 including the bag (£465 without the checked bag). This is clearly shown through the booking process.

You should also note that BA has a very generous hand baggage policy, your carry on bag can weigh up 23kg too which can come in handy if you have a wife that like to take way too much with her!
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Quote Originally Posted by ray8472 View Post
    Thanks. I normally travel to Chiang Rai. If I was able to book the usual end to end ticket with EVA Air, which involves transit in Suvarnabhumi and transfer to Bangkok Airways or Thai Smile to Chiang Rai, then any quarantine could be served at our home there in Chiang Rai. I'd be happy with that. What I wouldn't want is 14 days quarantine in Bangkok.

Edit: Too early to think of booking, but all that Skyscanner gives for early July is SWISS Air to Zurich and then Bangkok, then in transit forThai Smile. For the reasonable price of just over £500 direct from SWISs website. Will keep an eye on that as well as the usual EVA air, it is an option I haven't considered before.
    Initially I am lead to believe you would not be able to fly in to TH then take a connecting domestic flight, you would certainly need absolute clarification on this before booking additional domestic flights.
    As thing stand domestic flights are showing no offers IE AirAsia or Nok Air: DMK - Buriram I / we would normally pay 600 / 700 THB (or less) now 1575 / 1850 THB one way.
    PS Swiss were OK to fly, but I ve only flew Mancheter (Zurich) Beijing return.
    bangkok mags

Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    Initially I am lead to believe you would not be able to fly in to TH then take a connecting domestic flight, you would certainly need absolute clarification on this before booking additional domestic flights .
    Yes absolutely I would need 100% certainty that that was OK. If you are in transit in the airport it could be allowable, but I suspect they may not want to risk spread beyond port of entry so would have to serve quarantine in BKK.

The new normal in Hua Hin appears to be that 50% of the population no longer need to wear masks, including market vendors, cooks, food cart sellers and so on and that social distancing is no longer needed.
    'Tis me

Old Hand มือเก่า
    ต้องการนักแปล

The only thing with BA is the code share do watch out for this because you can get poor service like quantas ,usually when you book it says who the route is operated by .
    I should imagine all the big airlines will be fighting for the business ,it is for sure one to watch over the coming months .

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    The only thing with BA is the code share do watch out for this because you can get poor service like quantas ,usually when you book it says who the route is operated by .
    I should imagine all the big airlines will be fighting for the business ,it is for sure one to watch over the coming months .
    Thanks - yes there could be some good deals around. Either that or the opposite - with the limited number of planes they will put on initially, they will name their price.

Noticed that here too Caller, I shall be keeping my trips out to pretty much to essential visits. Unfortunately I have to do a few trips as some things need repairing and a food shop too.
    A lot of Thais like to have the mask around the chin, a bit like the old crash helmet carried under the arm on a bike.
    Not sure if the beaches open here this week but would like to go there too, have to pick a big beach and a day midweek to keep away from the crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    Not sure if the beaches open here this week but would like to go there too, have to pick a big beach and a day midweek to keep away from the crowds.
    The beaches were never closed over here. Headed south yesterday to have lunch at a favourite restaurant at a fishermans village at Khao Kalok and very nice it was too (excuse poor phone pics).

thumbnail_20200530_163402.jpg

thumbnail_20200530_164107.jpg

thumbnail_20200530_164838.jpg
    'Tis me

Not sure where you are there, looks like Sam Roi Yot in the background. Perhaps Pran buri area.
    Beaches open throughout you're lucky, here we have too many visitors from the big cities to be open or so they tell us.

Not sure where you are there, looks like Sam Roi Yot in the background. Perhaps Pran buri area.
    Spot on. As stated, at Khao Kolak, south side. There is a nice little beach the other side of the headland. It's about 30 minutes from where I live south west of Hua Hin and yes, just south of Pranburi. Sometimes, I put a folding seat in the back of the truck, find a shaded quiet spot (easy to do) by the beach or sea, and just chill and read my book. Safe as well!
    'Tis me

Now you're definitely making me jealous.

Most of the beaches around here are not so good and many others have restricted access as they are on Navy bases. I'm told all Chonburi beaches are now open but there are only a couple I will swim from. Bang Saray beach was still roped off yesterday morning looking the best it has been for a LONG TIME.

I have heard nothing about Rayong beaches. Last time I visited Ban Chang beaches (not keen on these too close to Mapttaphut) were open from 08.00 to 16.00, but Mae Rumpung, Son Suan and Mae Phim were closed, so it wasn't a province wide decision. It's all quite confusing so if you know anything please post.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Noticed that here too Caller, I shall be keeping my trips out to pretty much to essential visits. Unfortunately I have to do a few trips as some things need repairing and a food shop too.
    A lot of Thais like to have the mask around the chin, a bit like the old crash helmet carried under the arm on a bike.

Here in Isan face masks have indeed completely wiped out the need for wearing a helmet. It's fabulous really, gone are the days of spending hours putting one on or the inconvenience of messing one's hair up. This also allows you to 'flick' your hand through your fringe at a traffic light whilst shamelessly staring adoringly into your wing mirror. It's all wonderful. Who'd have thought Covid-19 could kill a motor-cyclist speeding on a zooped up Honda Wave yet falling in the midst of such a stunt could not?

I'm also delighted to see that Covid-19 goes to sleep between 12:00 and 13:00 just when I'm eating my grub. With countless others taking their masks off during this hour I know it's safe to do so. It is indeed Jai Dee at times.

Old Hand มือเก่า
    ต้องการนักแปล

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Ray, when pricing up flights on BA be careful. There are different fare types and the very lowest does not include checked luggage - the one without luggage is 'Economy Basic'. If you chose 'Economy Standard' you get 1 x 23kg bag included. For BKK Economy Standard fares are about £30 each way more expensive than the 'basic' fare. BA fares are about £525 including the bag (£465 without the checked bag). This is clearly shown through the booking process.

You should also note that BA has a very generous hand baggage policy, your carry on bag can weigh up 23kg too which can come in handy if you have a wife that like to take way too much with her!
    I am just checking a few flights out for X mas this year .
    Shocking what BA and Fin air are doing put £100 per person per checked bag on flights booked ,
    This system on Sky scanner has only just come in during the Covid months ie march till now
    This as well of a lot off other changes when you use the internet ,apart from this website lol .Worse than EASY JET

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post

I am just checking a few flights out for X mas this year .
    Shocking what BA and Fin air are doing put £100 per person per checked bag on flights booked ,
    This system on Sky scanner has only just come in during the Covid months ie march till now
    This as well of a lot off other changes when you use the internet ,apart from this website lol .Worse than EASY JET
    BA are now be charging for a sandwich next

Drove Mrs to Sombat Tour bus terminal (BKK) yesterday morning, after checking in she had to fill out a form for isolation when arriving in Surin, all seating in the various waiting areas had three spaces between each person and on the buses only window seats used. The food / cafe area had 2 MTR spacing.
    The bus services are restricted by arrival times IE the Surin services would arrive after the start of curfew, so people are using the Sisaket services that call into Surin on the way.
    I waited a little while, there were four buses heading to Chiang Rai. As above only services with before curfew start times are running, these are morning departures at the moment, July could see a more comprehensive timetable, be interesting to see if more buses will run to cope with onboard passenger limitations.
    Next door told Mrs 14 day isolation period does not apply anymore.
    bangkok mags

Decided to risk it and go to a beach yesterday. Had a good idea as there are few tourists why not go to Koh Larn. Ferries running as normal you are supposed to social distance yourselves and wear masks, most did. Temp took getting on and off boat. Went to a quiet beach at the back of the island about half the places were open and had sunbeds out all clustered together no distancing at all, there was plenty of room to do so. Anyway we sat on a mat under a tree and no one came within 5 meters of us all day. Hired a bike for the day full tank 200bht. no scam, bargain. Baht buses running too and motorcycle taxis. It was somewhat busier than I expected, a lot of Thai tourists even midweek, stranded tourists and expats with their wives. But much quieter and better than my last visit which I hated, better beach this time and no Chinese whatsoever. I said I would never set foot on the island again but I was glad I did. When the international flights start pouring in again that will be my last visit but for now happy to go back.

Found out why it was busier than I expected, it was a new bank holiday (Queens birthday).