Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Hand มือเก่า

Default Recommended TV series to download during the lock down.

Can anybody recommend any decent TV series to download? I can start the ball rolling by giving a few that I've watched online or downloaded.

Ozark - this is compelling but really uncomfortable viewing at times. A must if you like the Breaking Bad style of TV series.

Save Me - is a decent yet disturbing series. A lot of big British actors like Lenny james and Stephen Graham involved.

Top Boy - this is a really underrated show, well worth a watch.

The State

Love/Hate - Old but one of the best.

Gangs of London - Up there with Peaky Blinders for me.

I've watched the following in full this lockdown

Homeland - Simply awesome from the 1st minute of the 1st episode to the last minute of the 96th.

Sons of Anarchy - Punchy, loads of sex, drugs and rock and roll. Oh and plenty of gratuitous violence. Very powerful drama.

The Mandalorian - Only 8 episodes but great fun. It's a bit Good the Bad and the Ugly meets Star Wars.

Mayans MC - If you loved SoA you'll like this. Not quite as good but well worth watching.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

We really enjoyed the stranger on netflix
    Tin star series 1&2 on sky we loved

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ PlymouthNick's Avatar

Liar Liar ITV
    You S1 and S2
    Best on British TV - Line of Duty
    There are so many

Old Hand มือเก่า

I liked Homeland also. Just getting onto West World season 2 but can't get into it. Too much going on for an evening with me and Mr. Chang.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

Blindspot - about the woman covered in tattoos and the FBI - Season 5 has started

The Rook - think it was a BBC drama, involving people with special powers working for a secret team within MI6 - 1 season

The Widow - Kate Beckinsdale, a woman looses her husband in a plane crash in Africa..or so she thought - 1 season

Killing Eve - female MI6 agent and a female assassin love to hate each other - 3 seasons

The Blacklist - FBI special unit tracking down criminals from a traitors/criminals blacklist book - 7 seasons

Titans - from the DC group - 2 seasons

Vikings - History Channel - 5 seasons out and season 6 is halfway through

Deep State - first season had Mark Strong in it, CIA operatives working abroad and London - 2 seasons

Narcos - DIA chasing the big Drug Cartels - 3 seasons

Narcos Mexico - like the above - 2 seasons

Queen of the South - a woman who comes up from being a wife of a drug gang worker, to going against a Cartel boss, to building her emipre in the US - 4 seasons

Homeland - As mentioned earlier, top top show

Walking Dead - Classic

Picard - Only one season to date, but nicely made

Mandalorian - Big budget and Star Wars...

James May - Japan Tour..

Amazon Prime has great 'All or Nothing' sports tv series, all really good, and theres ones also about Leeds Utd and Borussia Dortmund

The Last Dance - Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls...

Just out of curiosity, has anybody managed to get Thai subtitles on Amazon and Disney + at all? Netflix is pretty good, plenty of content that offer Thai Subtitles....

El Chapo - a drama series about the rise and fall of Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, the notorious drug cartel boss. This is a natural follow on from Narcos.

Westworld series 2 - worth delving into, especially episode 8 which rightly earned wide critical acclaim for its truly poignant story and photography - I watched that episode three times.

La Casa de Papel ("Money Heist") - a hit Spanish crime drama involving taking over the Spanish Mint to print billions of Euros. Many very clever twists and turns involving the leader of the gang and the police chief who is out to capture him.

Señor Ávila - an Emmy award winning HBO series about a Mexican business man who also has a secret life as an assassin.

The early series of The Bill - it's been fun spotting various parts of south London where they filmed this and also seeing how much the Met and policing have changed in London since the 1980s.

I've been watching a lot of the Korean stuff on Netflix. I have to say Koreans are very odd people if what I am watching is their equivalent of Eastenders.

It seems that Koreans are prone to lose their memories, think nothing of older men dating young girls ("Guardian" - the girl is 19 and guy 939 - no, that's not a typo), are not fazed by ghosts, aliens, time travelers - in both directions, robots, cartoon characters coming to life. Ask your Thai partners, they love Korean melodramas here !

If you decide to dabble leave the soundtrack in Korean and put English subs on, if nothing else you will pick up basic Korean.

Here's some recommended titles (lockdown has not been kind to me) ;

Hotel Del Luna - (a hotel for the dead)
    Rooftop Prince - (time traveler)
    Black Knight - (people who live forever)
    Guardian AKA Goblin Bride - (that's the 939 year old man)
    W - (cartoon character)
    Live up to your name - (time travelling doctors )

and many more

Blog Entries

I watched an interesting documentary on 'Sky Documentaries' last night: 'After Truth: Disinformation and the Cost of Fake News'.

It's easy watching and "... takes a more personal look at the subject by examining the human cost of malicious disinformation, rather than relitigating the actual conspiracy theories. Yes, Pizzagate, conspiracies about the 2016 murder of Democratic National Committee employee Seth Rich, and several other recent well-known conspiracies are extensively covered in the documentary, but “After Truth” is primarily focused on the victims of those intentional falsehoods.

While the documentary prioritizes victims over conspiracies, the goal is still very much to combat the fake news epidemic, and the project offers insights that even those thoroughly exhausted by years of news coverage on disinformation will find interesting..."

Source: IndieWire Film Review

The documentary is available for download on Sky on Demand/Catch Up (it will be found on the new Sky Documentaries Channel which started broadcasting last week).
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ Tony & Apple's Avatar

The Last Dance - Netflix - for basketball fans of the NBA in the 90's

New Amsterdam - Amazon - it is cheesy but good 'feel good' stuff

In to the Night - Netflix - French series about the end of the human race! - seems appropriate at the moment

Little Boy Blue - ITV - stars Stephen Granham, anything with him in is usually good

If I had to chose on Netflix it would be: Mind Hunters and Narcos as a must see...….

My wife also watches some Korean stuff on Netflix that seem bizarre and never-ending although Extracurricular seems ok, and I am looking forward to catching Parasite on Amazon
    แอนโธนี่

Old Hand มือเก่า

Stephen Graham is excellent indeed. I just watched Yardie with him playing a Jamaican/Cockney drug dealer. Not a bad watch but nothing sensational.

I'm in the middle of watching Mad Men which appears slow but is strangely really good viewing. It's an odd mixture of Happy Days and Wall Street.

A few older ones....The Street. This is my all time favourite drama. Jimmy McGovern at his finest. Moving On was good also. Accused by the same producer was fabulous.

We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Just watched Murder In The Outback : The Falconio and Lees Mystery on All4, well worth watching in my opinion. I wonder what the truth actually is with that.

I am rewatching a bunch of old scifi

Dr Who from the beginning
    Blakes 7
    Survivors 1975 version
    Stargate & stargate Atlantis
    DS9
    Voyager

Britbox is cool and cheap
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Dr Who from the beginning
    My favourite Doctors:
    Jon Pertwee
    Tom Baker.

Old Hand มือเก่า

I recommended Only Fools and Horses to a 'lad' I work with. He's 23 and responded...
    "Is that on Netflix?'"

No words.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barnet View Post
    ... "Is that on Netflix?'"

No words.....
    Why does that surprise you? Only Fools regular weekly show ended 29 years ago (1991?)!! Since then there were only a 7/8 Christmas or one-off specials and the last of those was 17 years ago - you're just getting old Barnet
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Old Hand มือเก่า
    ต้องการนักแปล

I think Del and Gang should do one last dance .This Xmas will be the most watched show this x .mas .
    So glad i watched them all and was part of this in my Life time .
    I do remember being in kavos corfu 1992 and it rained all day what could we do find a bar and watch the lot very drunk day/night .

Blog Entries

The show's writer John Sullivan died about 10 years ago, as did Roger Lloyd-Pack (Trigg) about 6 years ago so that, plus the fact David Jason is now in his 80s and Nicholas Lyndhurst must be close to 60, would probably mean no chance of a come back.

Granddad died many years ago and I'm sure his replacement Buster Merryfield (Uncle Albert) also died before the 'specials' had finished. Didn't one of those specials open at Uncle Albert's funeral?
    Tobias - โทเบียส