Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Passport Form - Parents info

Hi guys

My wife obtained citizenship back in March and we're now filling out the form to apply for her first British passport. It all seems pretty straightforward but struggling a little on the parents details section.

The form states: "if either parent named below were born outside of the UK you will need to give full name, town, country & date of birth"

Does this only apply where the parents have moved to the UK and became citizens? As
    my wife's parents (father is dead) have never been outside of Thailand it seems pretty irrelevant to her application?

Like I said her father died years ago when she was much younger and her mother is quite elderly. My wife doesn't know their date of births and she doesn't have her birth certificate which I guess would hold this info.

Do you think it would be an issue to just put "not known" for the parents details?

Many Thanks

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I recall this question years ago when we applied. It was not required, but potentially things may have changed. The Post Office ran a check and send service, and I think I asked them about it. Not sure if I actually used them or not ultimately - think I did.

If I recall(it was back in 2009) I think my wife just put guesstimates in for her parents DOB..why do thais never know birthdays ! Everything else was easy enough with regards place of birth etc.
    The missus still doesn't know if her mother is 78 or 88 ....I know she is 78 as she had her first son ( a monk) at 20 and he is 58 now. Her dad has been dead a while now so again another guesstimate.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

The date of birth is on the Thai ID cards that everyone has isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by ray8472 View Post
    The date of birth is on the Thai ID cards that everyone has isn't it ?
    Surprisingly not, my Mrs auntie (her dads sister) did nt have DOB on her ID card or passport, I was asked to book flights for a gang of them: Buriram - DMK - Seoul (return) I was sent copies of ID cards and passports and could nt book online as AirAsia needed DOB input, youngest sister in law went to an AirAsia office to book.
    bangkok mags

For my wifes settlement visa I used the same date of births as what I had used on the UK Short Visit Visa just incase they checked, although both parents did seem confident about the correct DOB's. I will always refer back to these for anything in the future just in case an electronic red flag pops up....

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    Surprisingly not, my Mrs auntie (her dads sister) did nt have DOB on her ID card or passport, I was asked to book flights for a gang of them: Buriram - DMK - Seoul (return) I was sent copies of ID cards and passports and could nt book online as AirAsia needed DOB input, youngest sister in law went to an AirAsia office to book.
    Same here. My wife’s mother only has a year of birth on her Thai ID as her parents didn’t register the birth. For ILR I simply put in the year