Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by -Keith- View Post
    Interesting - do you have to pay for that ?

Quick question for Rav and Walshie. Now that it looks as though a repatriation flight might become a real possibility for the missus, my next worry (yes, I am one of those!) is about the state quarantine facilities. Rav, your wife and Walshie, your Mother in Law have been or is going through this process now. Are there any major concerns about the process of quarantine in general that we should be aware of??

I'm hoping you can put my mind at ease??? Allan

Quote Originally Posted by ray8472 View Post
    Interesting - do you have to pay for that ?
    Looks like about £80 for the platinum service, still checking.

Mother in law was put in a big hotel in pattaya. I don’t know the name but she says her room is big and very nice. There have been no problems so far but my wife says conditions vary from hotel to hotel. There were a lot of them complaining on Facebook about not being able to wash clothes so we sent her off with a box of them pod things which have conditioner and softener together.

she did complain about how long it took to get from the plane to actually setting off on the bus. Apparently they took hours and hours checking everyone and when they finished there wasn’t enough buses!

Reference to Qatar flights as I'm not sure what dates you might be looking at as my wife's been booked since April on QR, last booking out 27th this month and back end of August was cancelled completely yet again so got a refund that was actioned swiftly.
    Didn't think any commercial flights except repatriation were using BKK at the moment?
    QR keeps listing availability though.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty View Post
    Reference to Qatar flights as I'm not sure what dates you might be looking at as my wife's been booked since April on QR, last booking out 27th this month and back end of August was cancelled completely yet again so got a refund that was actioned swiftly.
    Didn't think any commercial flights except repatriation were using BKK at the moment?
    I imagine we're looking at about 2 months from now, so October. I hope by then things have been relaxed a bit.

Member สมาชิก

Just a quick reply to your question, Allan, about state quarantine facilities. My wife thought that the hotel, which was in Bangkok, was really good and that despite being locked up for two weeks, everything was fine. Her experience was very positive. So I think your wife will be absolutely fine.

Regarding flights, as we've seen from other people' experiences, there are absolutely no guarantees. The best thing we can all do is keep on posting so that everyone has as much info as possible about the airlines.

My advice would be:

1) Check daily whether the airline you are thinking of booking with is flying regularly. You can do this by checking the arrivals at Suvarnabhumi/Heathrow/etc...

2) Book directly with the airline and NOT any travel companies.

3) Pick a day where it is most likely that people will be flying. You will then lower your risk of having the flight cancelled. In the past, I have booked flights on a Monday and Tuesday because those days tend to be cheaper and avoided days like Friday and Saturday because they are usually more expensive. In the current climate, you're better off going for the most expensive option.

Only repatriation flights. Airlines taking bookings are gambling that things will be relaxed so getting a booking with an airline with flexible refundable tickets is essential, and no agencies. With what is going on in the world at the moment I suspect that restrictions will be carrying on for quite a while but who knows !
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty View Post

Now then, I've been trying to find a clinic to provide the Fit to Fly cert that includes the Covid 19 swab test results. One clinic has just told me that Thai Nationals do not require the swab test - it is only non Thais. The Thais can get just a certificate which can be done via a video link. I am currently trying to get this confirmed by the Thai embassy but does anyone have recent experience about this, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Now then, I've been trying to find a clinic to provide the Fit to Fly cert that includes the Covid 19 swab test results. One clinic has just told me that Thai Nationals do not require the swab test - it is only non Thais. The Thais can get just a certificate which can be done via a video link. I am currently trying to get this confirmed by the Thai embassy but does anyone have recent experience about this, please?
    Answering my own question; the advice / instructions I was reading in English were in English for a reason - aimed at non Thais. When I asked the missus to check again, she checked directly from the Thai pages without any translation - ie; specifically for Thais who, apparently do not require the swab test but a simple fit to fly certificate which can be done via a telephone / video link appointment.

It's not often I say I'm glad I was wrong but at least this removes one of the obstacles. Still waiting for Thai Airways to get in touch and pay for the booking (been confirmed by Thai Embassy email). We had also been looking at booking Alternative State Quarantine in the hope of finding a more confortable stay for Nuy but all the approved ASQ hotels appear to be fully booked already! Oh well, swings and roundabouts.

Blog Entries

There are a few vidoes on youtube now showing procedures and State Quarantine accomodation:

Although the first and last videos are from LAX to BKK, the procedures and paperwork required are the same processes as required in the UK.

Having watch these videos, the processes in place are prety good and the people are well looked after, so much so I can't envisage tourist restrictions being lifted anytime soon.

As far as I am aware State Quarantine is free to all Thai antionals, if they or anyone else wishes to use Alternative State Quarantine, then this will be done so at the persons own expense.

Last edited by Ally; 4th Aug 2020 at 23:19. Reason: spelling/gramma
    "Don't buy the sun"

Member สมาชิก

if you do manage to get a repatriation ticket back what is the wait to get one back to uk

Member สมาชิก

You don't need to wait for a 'repatriation' flight back to the UK.

As long as your wife has a valid visa she can book a ticket from any airline flying from Thailand back to the UK.

Member สมาชิก

thank you