Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Default Hotels near British embassy bangkok

Hi all, any recommendations for a hotel near to the British embassy in Bangkok, going to do affirmation of marriage paperwork I'm allowing two days to do this so a decent hotel would be nice.
    look forward to your recommendations.
    essexboys

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I had to look up where it’s been moved to.
    I’ve only ever stayed in Sukhumvit so no idea around for hotels near embassy.
    I like to walk about in Bangkok so enjoy the walk.
    Last time I was in Bangkok I stayed on Sukhumvit soi 18 and the wife and her mum walked with me all the way to Pratunum Market. They weren’t impressed.

No idea if you’re partner has a passport yet but can pay extra for same day passport if not.

All the best with your stuff.

Have stayed at the Bel Air Princess a few times on Sukhumvit Soi 6. Very near Nana Plaza and Sky Train
    Melnathan

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

Try this, Sivatel or Park Hyatt, never stayed but both are a 3 to 5 min walk and on the same road as our Embassy, also a stone throw from the Central Embassy Shopping Centre and about 5/10 mins walk from Phloen Chit BTS Station.

Just one on the Affirmation, email it to yourself or make an email and safe it to drafts. If you need to correct something once there then you can log in and sort it out then email it to the staff. If I recall correctly, no devices of anykind allowed inside the compound.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/sivatel-bangkok.en-gb.html?aid=304142;label=gen173nr-1DCAEoggI46AdIM1gEaG6IAQGYAQm4ARfIAQ_YAQPoAQGIAgGoAgO4Au-VhfgFwAIB0gIkMzFkMzE0YjAtMDc1Ny00YzNhLTk5YzItMWM3MmQyNWZhMjQ12AIE4AIB;sid=d9f04483636d869807ff0d930b4b7947;atlas_src=sr_iw_title;checkin=2020-07-20;checkout=2020-07-24;dest_id=0;dist=0;group_adults=2;group_children=0;highlighted_blocks=26418826_263990046_2_41_0;no_rooms=1;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;type=total;ucfs=1&;selected_currency=THB;changed_currency=1#map_closed

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/par...d9&type=total&
    Last edited by Lonerider; 5th Jul 2020 at 04:50.

Thanks gents for the information, great information lonerider,
    many thanks
    essexboys

Years ago when Mon got her visa we stayed at the Bangkok Palace Hotel. It's just around the corner from the embassy on New Petchaburi Road. It was clean, very comfortable and reasonably priced.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Hi Keith

New Petchaburi Road is indeed handy for Wittaya Road, but the British Embassy isn't there any more.

Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Old Hand มือเก่า

We have stayed at both the Eastin Grande Sathorn and Anantara Sathorn, both will be a good location for the embassy. It is the business district area, so not much close by as in shops, bars, restaurants etc etc. But eating drinking at the roof top bar at the Anantara sure made up for it.

We have stayed at eightville on soi 8 Sukhumvit.
    Very close also to the sky train, very big room and very quiet.
    Not sure where your getting married, But we got married at the Bangrak amphur registry office in Bangkok.
    Need any more info send us a pm.

Once again gents, thanks fir the information. Hi Holty, we will Be getting married in phichit hopefully in December if things go to plan.

Cool Essex boys, My wife is from Phetchabun and kind of close to phichit. Good luck to you both

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    Thanks gents for the information, great information lonerider,
    many thanks
    essexboys

Ref the Hotels mate, forget them, I did not realise the Embassy had moved, apologies.

When did it move from the old location to Sathon?

No problem lonerider , to be honest I hadn't checked the embassy location, I just kind of knew where it was (or used to be ) I don't mind walking about in bangkok but I will never again attempt to drive in bangkok, literally nothing moves! So I'm happy to walk or use the train system to get around. We will probably have three nights in bangkok as we don't want to be under pressure time wise to get the affirmation paperwork sorted out.

I've always stayed around Sukhumvit whilst making visa applications for wife and then a few years back her daughter.

I did like the President Palace on Sukhumvit Soi 11 which is now called the Mercure.
    I stayed in the Ambassador as well which was terrible. Rooms smelt of cigarettes, bad internet and staff weren't great.

A few years back booked a couple of rooms at Icheckinn on Sukhumvit soi 18 as we had the MIL with us. Was £11 a night per room. I thought it was decent.

I'm quite happy with cheap hotels to be honest.
    Soi 18 was a better choice for me than Soi 11 as was close to Terminal 21 and the Asok and Sukhumvit stations.

DSW727, thanks for that list very helpful, I stayed at the Ambassador when I done gf visit visa as its literally a stones throw away, the rooms were bad the whole place stunk, and the place was full of Indian tourists who decimated the breakfast buffet! There was literally nothing left, I won't be recommending it any time soon
    many thanks
    essex boys

Quote Originally Posted by Lonerider View Post
    When did it move from the old location to Sathon?
    End of March 2020.

Much of the old site is now demolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    So I'm happy to walk or use the train system to get around.
    I would not recommend staying in the Sukhumvit area and walking to Sathorn, your lungs would never forgive you. Smoking a full pack of cigarettes might be healthier.

Better to either stay near the Embassy in Sathorn, or near a BTS station where you can travel to either Chong Nonsi or Surasak on the Silom line. The Embassy is a short walk from either of those.

Plenty of hotels along the Silom line. If you're staying at a hotel near a Sukhumvit line BTS, change at Siam for the Silom line.
    Last edited by maokaang; 7th Jul 2020 at 06:52. Reason: typo
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Banned

the best answer would be if your 30-45 mins walking and bts or mrt to the embassey your cool and you could take your pick from hotels ...in the old place i stopped soi 2 and could walk through to soi 4 in the hotel grounds .Its the Ministry of affairs you need to worry about that is a trek .
    And in my view if you can pay someone £100 to do it all for you i would pay it .I would say money well spent ...this leg of marriage was a real pain to do .

My cousin and his wife stayed at the Eastin Grand Hotel Sathon a few years ago, which is linked directly to Surasak BTS it looked OK when I went to meet them, he must have got it at a huge discount.
    bangkok mags

Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    My cousin and his wife stayed at the Eastin Grand Hotel Sathon a few years ago, which is linked directly to Surasak BTS it looked OK when I went to meet them, he must have got it at a huge discount.
    Used to be a good buffet there as well!

If you're flush, try the So Sofitel opposite Lumpini park (for walks). If not flush, go to the roof bar/restaurant, after dark, in any case. The view over the park to the lights of the city beyond is spectacular. Lovely place to enjoy a drink and a snack
    'Tis me

Member สมาชิก

Wow I did not realize it moved also lol I often stayed in Novotel on Silom, also Holiday inn opposite it, further up is Pullman, on Sathorn, Crowne Plaza is on corner by Lumpini, all good hotels. If you want cheaper use airbb, some noce places in Sathorn.
    It will only take one short visit for affirmation.