Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Default Travel to Thailand this year....maybe not

Looks like travel to Thailand is cancelled for the foreseeable future, maybe the embassy in London know something we don’t, looks like I won’t be travelling on the 14th September, well, not with my non immigrant O visa anyway., this is an email I just got from the consulate in Hull......Unfortunately the London Embassy has informed us that we cannot issue you with a new visa to replace the one we issued on 01 JUN 2020 because it won't entitle you to enter Thailand. To be able to enter Thailand at the moment it is necessary to obtain a Certificate of Entry which is issued only by the Thai Embassy in London and is granted only to persons who are either married to a Thai national or have a child living in Thailand or hold a Thai Work Permit. Accordingly we will post your passport and £70 cash back to you tomorrow. We understand that it is unlikely that this situation will change within the next four weeks.

Regards,

Royal Thai Consulate
    Hull
    HU13 9PB

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

It is only July, I think Oct-Nov is very possible, but who knows.

Old Hand มือเก่า
    ต้องการนักแปล

I am married but the misses does not want to go .
    Maybe she is protecting me and our bank accounts
    But she has set her mind on she does not want to go back this year .
    But me i would go tomorrow if opened .no isolation .

I wouldn't mind spending 14 days in isolation if it were easy to go on a normal commercial flight at normal prices, but I object to the ridiculous prices for both the special flights and that isolation. 50k+ baht for 14 days ? That is over 3,500 baht per day. If I stayed in Bangkok in a hotel in normal circumstances, I'd pay half that for the room and food. Even then, when I have free accommodation at the house in Chiang Rai, paying anything at all is annoying, but I could stomach say 30k baht for that 14 days.

Member สมาชิก

Do you know if 50k will be the norm for all arrivals in BK

The quarantine hotels in Bangkok range from 32000 to 144000 for 14 days.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

I've been emailing a Thailand Elite agent recently who said that Thai Elite visa holders will very soon be allowed into the country. Exttremely expensive option, and quarantine probably still applies, but if true could be an option for some people.

Member สมาชิก

very expensive option and you ould still need coe, insurance for covid up to 100k$ 14 days quarantine fit to fly cert and covid free test result within 72 hours, and you would be back of the line of the existing Elite members. Cheaper to get a wife lol

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Depending how desperate you are, but you can marry over internet, then apply for coe, part of which is getting non o, then jump through any hoops to get to BK. Cost at least $7k according to most that have done it. I know someone getting married tomorrow using zoom lol I am watching it online lol

The hotels pricing is quite reasonable if you look at them all and take in costs of what they provide. There are big differences in them, yes you can find cheaper usually, but they are not on the list. Quarantine is a complete pain in the arse and not pleasant. I am on my 3rd 2 week quarantine, this time in HK, twice in Thailand.

Returned to the UK from Bangkok last Sunday and on enforced self isolating despite the low virus rates quoted for thailand. My wife and i think it is because of the monkey business with Boris' Mrs. complaining to supermarkets about Thai imports so Thailand got struck off the list. Now of course after only a couple of weeks tourism in Spain holiday makers returning from here will have to self isolate. Pretty inevitable I would have thought. If my wife comes to the UK on holiday she has to self isolate, if i go to Thailand i have to quarantine. Bit of a dilemma ...... but not just for me i suspect. Christmas looking increasingly dodgy /
    Quote Originally Posted by welshguy View Post
    very expensive option and you ould still need coe, insurance for covid up to 100k$ 14 days quarantine fit to fly cert and covid free test result within 72 hours, and you would be back of the line of the existing Elite members. Cheaper to get a wife lol

Depending how desperate you are, but you can marry over internet, then apply for coe, part of which is getting non o, then jump through any hoops to get to BK. Cost at least $7k according to most that have done it. I know someone getting married tomorrow using zoom lol I am watching it online lol

The hotels pricing is quite reasonable if you look at them all and take in costs of what they provide. There are big differences in them, yes you can find cheaper usually, but they are not on the list. Quarantine is a complete pain in the arse and not pleasant. I am on my 3rd 2 week quarantine, this time in HK, twice in Thailand.

Member สมาชิก

I agree: seems daft that people returning back from Thailand have to quarantine, but there you go.

Just out of interest, which airline did you travel back on Nick? What was the flight back like?

The reason I ask is cos my wife is due to fly back this week and I am mulling over which airline to pick.

Came back on EVA air to London. They were very good with spaces between passengers with the exception of couples. Have to wear masks of course and they ask you not to walk too much around the plane except for the loo. Dinner service good but not as much as normal to cut down contact, but very adequate. This applied from Bangkok to London but I have heard that from London to Bangkok the plane is full. Thai government are strict. EVA have been only flying to the UK on Sundays one flight a week. Before they have been showing flights all week but have always cancelled with the exception of Sundays, reducing to one day a week. So the logic I guess to be safe would be to book a Sunday flight normally at 12.50 pm arriving at 19.25 pm. Recommend for sure. Cheers and hope she manages to get a flight without problems
    Quote Originally Posted by Rav View Post
    I agree: seems daft that people returning back from Thailand have to quarantine, but there you go.

Just out of interest, which airline did you travel back on Nick? What was the flight back like?

The reason I ask is cos my wife is due to fly back this week and I am mulling over which airline to pick.

My wife is going to have to fly back to the UK within the next 2-3 months when (if) the house sells so that she can help choose what she wants freighted over to Thailand. I hope by that stage things will have relaxed a bit more and she can take a normal commercial flight. What is the position right now ? She has to apply to officialdom somewhere in Thailand for a seat on a special flight ?

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Quote Originally Posted by ray8472 View Post
    My wife is going to have to fly back to the UK within the next 2-3 months when (if) the house sells so that she can help choose what she wants freighted over to Thailand. I hope by that stage things will have relaxed a bit more and she can take a normal commercial flight. What is the position right now ? She has to apply to officialdom somewhere in Thailand for a seat on a special flight ?
    Have a look here it may help. https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ne...t-to-lon.page?

Thanks !

A bit problematic, as soon as we exchange contracts she will have to come ASAP, and that might not be possible ! I may have to handle it all myself. But the house sale process is slow, in a couple of months perhaps the situation will be better.

Hi Ray. Eva Air seem to be flying regular sunday flights to Heathrow, i just checked. I booked a normal commercial flight with them, social distancing was applied, very good. Qatar airways fly pretty well every day but you change at Doha. I believe Qatar are pretty good as well. These are the most reliable airlines at the moment I think though Qatar's longevity of ticket guarantees are better than EVA air I think. Others on the forum may know about other airlines. Cheers
    Thanks !

A bit problematic, as soon as we exchange contracts she will have to come ASAP, and that might not be possible ! I may have to handle it all myself. But the house sale process is slow, in a couple of months perhaps the situation will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by nickj1000 View Post
    Hi Ray. Eva Air seem to be flying regular sunday flights to Heathrow, i just checked. I booked a normal commercial flight with them, social distancing was applied, very good. Qatar airways fly pretty well every day but you change at Doha. I believe Qatar are pretty good as well. These are the most reliable airlines at the moment I think though Qatar's longevity of ticket guarantees are better than EVA air I think. Others on the forum may know about other airlines. Cheers
    That's great news, thanks. I'll do some checking ! She doesn't like stopovers so it would probably be EVA Air. I'm hoping by the time the house sale would go through that things may have eased up a bit. Have to find a buyer first...

One thing to add. Even if EVA air show flights during the week i would book a sunday as if they cancel the mid week flights they always seem to maintain the Sunday flight. Going back to Thailand is different as at the moment that would be a repatriation flight I believe.
    That's great news, thanks. I'll do some checking ! She doesn't like stopovers so it would probably be EVA Air. I'm hoping by the time the house sale would go through that things may have eased up a bit. Have to find a buyer first...

We had the mother in law booked on a standard Eva air Sunday flight. They cancelled it then we had to pay 708 for another Sunday flight with them via the Thai embassy. Even though it turned out not to be a scam in the end, I still feel like I got scammed!!

Quote Originally Posted by walshie View Post
    We had the mother in law booked on a standard Eva air Sunday flight. They cancelled it then we had to pay 708 for another Sunday flight with them via the Thai embassy. Even though it turned out not to be a scam in the end, I still feel like I got scammed!!
    Oh that is not good ! This was from BKK to LHR ?

Is this from London to Bangkok Walshie? I booked direct with EVA Air from Bangkok to London on a midweek flight and I was moved to a Sunday, had some issues about pricing because the flights are only half full but honoured the original price in the end. We have been following a group of Thais on Facebook for the Sunday flights from Bangkok to London and they seem to be going as planned but of course you can never be 100% sure now. When I came back on Sunday the 19th July the airport screen showed pretty well every flight cancelled with the exception of 2 Eva Air flights, one to London and another to Taipei. Flights with them not cheap now though at £750.00 as I believe that they are largely 60 per cent full going to Heathrow and coming back empty unless they are asked to lay on a repatriation flight. Cheers
    Oh that is not good ! This was from BKK to LHR ?
    Last edited by nickj1000; 27th Jul 2020 at 19:11.