Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default U.K post office delivering to Thailand ?

Has anyone in the u.k recently used the post office standard service to send a parcel to Thailand? Not interested in couriers DHL etc just the bog standard postal service.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DB using Tapatalk

Not sent but received, not really parcels, but A4 sized envelopes, got one last week.
    Most stuff gets sent via post office standard service. Not had a problem thus far.
    bangkok mags

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

I sent a small parcel weighing bang on 2kg (the maximum royal mail take) I sent it tracked and the cost was £23.00, according to the Royal Mail,you can track your parcel using the sequence of letters and numerals also known as the barcode, I have tried this but it doesn’t work! So at the moment I don’t know where the parcel is...I sent it last Friday afternoon and it hasn’t arrived yet.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Not recently, But i used the post office to send to Thailand a couple of years ago.
    Very pleased arrived if i remember in under a week. A4 size
    And i thought great value
    But like i say not recently

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/...ident-bulletin

Thailand
    Start date: 16 March 2020
    Latest update: 11 May 2020
    End date: Ongoing
    Incident:Coronavirus

Update: 11 May 2020

Mail despatches to Thailand have now resumed, and we’ll prioritise the processing and shipment of mail held during the recent period of suspension. Delays will still be evident as in-country restrictions remain in place to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.

Update: 23 April 2020

We're currently not sending items to Thailand as there are no available transport links. Items sent will be held and you'll experience significant delays.

Original Incident: 16 March 2020

Thailand has put special measures in place from Monday 16 March, to limit the spread of Coronavirus. Thailand Post need to comply with these measures and may have reduced staff numbers so not able to deliver all mail to specifications. Signature on delivery is suspended and delays to mail services can be expected.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Years ago I used the post a few times but on a couple of occasions they were never received. Didn't bother after that

Thanks for replies, obviously the ongoing impact of coronavirus was my concern, guess i will wait a while longer, dont want any mail sent put under too much scrutiny when it arrives in Thailand.Post office sent mail has usually been best way for parcels arriving uninterfered with for me.The amount of trivial items that are subject to import tax over here is ridiculous if they inspect your parcel chances are you wont get the contents.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DB using Tapatalk

I have just yesterday received a replacement card that was posted to me about a week or so before the previous card expired at the end of May. I haven't actually got it yet as it was sent to the other halfs address in Bkk. I am in Hua Hin.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

Not sent parcels but my mother has sent normal mail, Birthday, Christmas Cards ect, its very hit and miss whether or not we receive them. Although things are better than before and we don't have as many 'go missing'. There was reports in the village near us that the guy who delivered the mail was sacked, asked to leave by the village chief as he was not doing his job and keeping/throwing the mail away. But even with the new guy delivering it took 2 months for a Birthday Card to be delivered.
    I don't know what I will do when they need proof of life for my military pension every few years. Because if they dont receive a reply in a certain time they stop your money.