Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IDV app

Premium Member

My wifes and stepsons ILR applications were relatively painless and uploading scanned documents took a while but we had a few to do. Scanner/printers are a must in most family homes.
    After their Biometrics the ILR decision took only 4 days by email. Not weeks/months waiting for the letter.
    This was recently and we had an email to say we could not use the IDV app and i think that's because the childs features change a lot in 2.5 years.
    i certainly wasn't anymore difficult than compiling the folder and mailing special delivery.
    Kingy

Having received the email invitation last night to use the IDV app, it was a breeze using it this morning. Taking the selfie and photographing the ID page of Nok's passport was straightforward, and we could check the list of mandatory and other documents which I'd previously uploaded and submitted using the UKVCAS web site. The only time-consuming part was the preening by Nok before she felt that she could take the selfie!

Now that we've supplied the biometrics, it'll be interesting to find out how long it takes for the UKVI decision maker to make an ILR determination.

Banned

whoopee one step behind you tom the wife received an email yesterday saying she can use the app and a further email will be sent out before September 15th .
    Breath breath breath ,,stress stress stress ..

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Nok View Post
    Having received the email invitation last night to use the IDV app, it was a breeze using it this morning. Taking the selfie and photographing the ID page of Nok's passport was straightforward, and we could check the list of mandatory and other documents which I'd previously uploaded and submitted using the UKVCAS web site. The only time-consuming part was the preening by Nok before she felt that she could take the selfie!

Now that we've supplied the biometrics, it'll be interesting to find out how long it takes for the UKVI decision maker to make an ILR determination.
    watching with all eyes lol,,,,i remember when i did my wife's FLR the lady behind the counter in the Post office said to me it looks like i have just taken the world off your shoulders when i handed her the file to send how observant or she knew how stress full these things could be .

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi, Im embarrassed to ask this, but if you use the IDV app how do you get the documents onto your phone to upload them. Alternatively, if youve already uploaded the documents and just need to hit the "submit" button, what is left to do on the App?
    Kind Regards,
    Sukanda

I'm assuming you will have a fairly modern phone with email capability. Send an email from your laptop/PC with attachments (Documents) to yourself. Be mindful that some emails are restricted in size of what you can send, sending documents with photos on will be a larger size document.

On your phone, open your email attachments and download them. They should normally default to the My Files folder on your phone. If you cannot find them on your phone use your phones search function.

As I've never used the app, I'm assuming there will be a browse/upload button that will then access your phones files.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Hi, Im embarrassed to ask this, but if you use the IDV app how do you get the documents onto your phone to upload them. Alternatively, if youve already uploaded the documents and just need to hit the "submit" button, what is left to do on the App?
    Kind Regards,
    Sukanda
    Don't worry.

If you used your laptop or PC to upload all of the documents to your UKVCAS account, you just need to click on the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page. Be careful and check because you can only click on that "Submit" button once.

When we were given access to the IDV app. last week, we logged in and saw the list of all of the documents that we had previously uploaded and submitted using the UKVCAS account. What remains to be done is to double check the list to make certain that nothing is missing. Then take your selfie. This needs to pass the "lifeness" test (you follow spoken prompts to turn your head left/right/up/down). Next you need to take a photo of your current BRP card or your passport ID page. You'll be guided through this by the app. Finally, press the "Submit" button at the bottom of the 'phone screen. An acknowledgement message will appear on the screen confirming that everything has been successfully transferred to UKVI.

Rookie มือใหม่

Many thanks. Can I ask if there is any urgency to press the "submit" button. Must it be done before my visa expires? (My application has already been submitted)
    Kind Regards
    Sukanda

You say that you have already submitted your application to extend your leave in the UK before your current visa expires. This means that your current leave to remain has been extended under section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 until UKVI makes a decision on your application. It does not matter that your current visa expires during this time since you have submitted a valid application "in time" to UKVI and so, under section 3C, you continue to enjoy the same privileges and rights as before.

There's no rush to press the "submit" button. Just take your time and don't panic. Double check that you have gathered together and uploaded all of the necessary evidence for your application. Make sure that you're satisfied with the "selfie" that you've taken using the IDV app and that it has passed the "liveness" test, and that you've taken the photo of your BRP or passport ID page as required using the IDV app. Once you're happy that you've done all that then press the "submit" button.

Rookie มือใหม่

Many thanks that's reassuring. I should have mentioned that they have not yet invited me to use the App so I dont know if I'll be able to use it. Am I right that this means I should submit when ready and then await UKVI's response using the app to submit photo/passport if requested or, alternatively, attending an interview if I can't or they dont offer it? Or is there another way?
    Kind Regards,
    Sukanda

Invitations to download and use the IDV app. are still being sent out. If you are invited to use the IDV app. then, yes, do submit all of your uploaded complete evidence using the UKVCAS web site when you are ready. You'll be able to see all of the uploaded file names on the IDV app.

If you don't receive the IDV app. invitation and you are required to make an appointment to attend a UKVCAS centre to provide your biometrics, then you have a choice:
    1. You can either scan, upload and submit the evidence using the UKVCAS web site before your UKVCAS centre appointment OR
    2. Depending upon the type of UKVCAS centre appointment, you can pay an additional fee and the UKVCAS staff will scan and upload the evidence documents for you. Appointments at "Enhanced" UKVCAS centres involve a fee which may already include this service. However, a free appointment at a "Core" UKVCAS centre requires an additional payment for this service.

You'll see the various optional additional paid for services on the "Book an appointment" pages on the UKVCAS web site.

Rookie มือใหม่

Many thanks for your clarity.
    Kind Regards,
    Sukanda

UKVCAS has announced today (16 September 2020) that normal service will resume with effect from 21st September - see here.

The option to use the IDV app. will only be available for some category T4 student visa applicants.

"From 21 September onwards, ALL customers will need to book an appointment at one of our Service Points."

So, the IDV app. appears to have served its purpose in helping to clear the backlog. There will also be more free appointments to submit biometrics at service centres.

Member สมาชิก

We received an email yesterday asking for further information including my bank details so that's three times I've supplied them.

However, we received an email today saying the visa is granted. That's the second FLR. It was due to run out at the end of March or April, I forget which, so there's been quite a delay but all in all and despite lockdown and the new ap and being asked for my bank details three times it's all gone... er... relatively smoothly

Good luck to those going through the process now.