Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDV app

Member สมาชิก

Default IDV app

My wife received an email today from UKVCAS stating that she will be able to use an IDV app to download her photo and other documents ( in a couple of weeks) in relation to her recent ILR application which will mean that she will not need to attend an appointment to submit fingerprints etc as she has already submitted these as part of a previous application. However she can choose to attend an appointment if she so wishes re biometrics/ submit documents but she must email UKVCAS by 7.8.20 to opt out of the IDV app.

Cheers...

Hi elvisp

Yes, Nok received the same email at lunchtime yesterday. We're not holding our breath however as the message says that the invitation to use the IDV app will be sent out "...within the next few weeks...". Time seems to be very elastic in the UKVI/UKCVAS universe, notwithstanding the inevitable delays due to lock down.

On another forum it is reported that some ILR applicants who didn't receive the early July UKCVAS email about re-use of previous biometrics and who have subsequently attended biometrics appointments at UKCVAS centres have had ILR approval within days. The discussion on that board is interesting, for example, if you reject the IDV app option in favour of attending a UKCVAS centre biometric appointment, will you get a quicker ILR decision? There do seem to be available UKCVAS biometric appointment slots at various locations but at a price (quelle surprise!).

Banned

hi tom having just partied with £2400 stuck at a dead end now there are no appointments at all which are viable for me and the wife ie within 100 miles of Manchester,
    so it looks like i am going to buy a scanner and have to do it all myself.This system is not easier than the old one throw it in a big envelope was much easier .

Probably too late now but you can buy a scanner from Amazon, do your job, and send it back within a month and get a refund. I buy things to try out every now and then sometimes trying a couple a couple of items before settling on the best.

The UKCVAS/UKVI IDV app has now appeared on Google Play and can be downloaded to your Android 'phone:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vcas.mobileapp

This web page also gives some screenshots of the app's functionality. The app requires Android version 7.0 and above, and the 'phone camera should be at least 5 megapixels.

There is also a version for use on iPhones for iPhones version 6 and above which are running iOS version 12 and above.

However you can't yet log in to the app (I've tried). According to pages 20 to 24 of a Q&A update dated 14th August from UKCVAS, you will only be able to log in to the app once you have received an email from UKCVAS inviting you to do so.

Invitations to use the app are being sent out to selected applicants with effect from the week commencing 17th August (i.e. yesterday). The invitations are being sent out in phases from the earliest to the most recent eligible applicants.

The waiting continues...

Member สมาชิก

We applied for Citizenship on the 15th May, so hopefully we’ll be receiving an email in the near future.

UKVI/UKCVAS has now released a short video on the vimeo platform which guides you through installing and using the new UKCVAS IDV app to upload biometrics and documents:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/447843814

Banned

Lets not beat about the bush useless company and website and as husbands of thail wifes lets not promote this useless website and try and get it removed as it is a total useless website that are sucking £2400 out of us .A disgrace of a company that serves no purpose cannot resolve anything what a bunch of idiots we are .baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,
    AND THAT,S A FACT .
    What can they resolve for us NOTHING ....
    just a Middle man ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,joke of a company

Like it or not, Samsung, the Home Office outsourced the collection of biometrics and of supporting documentation to Sopra Steria (a French company) for visa/settlement/citizenship applications from within the UK in May 2018.

The only way to supply your wife's biometrics/supporting documentation to the Home Office is through the UKVCAS portal which is operated by...Sopra Steria which, as their portal states, is the "Official Partner of UK Visas and Immigration". Sopria Steria operates all of the UKVI approved biometrics centres across the UK and offers additional "services" for which they charge.

As for the fee for ILR (£2,408.20), well, that fee is set by the Home Office. The actual processing cost to the Home Office is £243.

If you know of an alternative way to submit your wife's biometrics and visa settlement documentation and evidence within the UK to the Home Office which bypasses Sopra Steria, then please do share it.

Banned

No i do not .but i am not going to promote it and i hope us as a group could do something about this .
    Government of U turns .
    Maybe set up a petition or call on the home office time to stand up rather than sit and take it .
    This company is a waste of time and resource and who is going to make the changes us and only us .
    Hopefully we can stand up and stop this company getting away with what they are doing.
    This is poor by Thailand -uk and us lets try to make a change and get rid of this locust.

There have been many complaints regarding the £91 million contract awarded to Sopra Steria by the Home Office over the handling of in-country visa/settlement applications...

https://novaramedia.com/2019/03/29/p...tion-services/

https://www.stevens-bolton.com/site/...cation-process

The Law Society and the Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA) have also backed calls for scrutiny into the commercial relationship between the Home Office and Sopra Steria:

https://www.ein.org.uk/news/law-soci...p-sopra-steria

These are just a few links regarding criticism of Sopra Steria over the lack of free appointments, “extortionate” fees and long travel distances for its services.

Banned

Awesome stuff there tom ,,,to much to read ,.
    Just thought i would highlight a real poor service what we pay a lot of money for even if not direct and the stress well .They should bend over backwards for us i do understand there is problems and if someone does not know were they live see you later .
    So frustrating.............

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

If like me you do not know whether your phone has an Android 7 software to run the IDV app ..look in Settings and go to About phone..Software information..It should say there..It may say Android Nougat rather than Android 7 ..same thing..
    So Android 7 and above your phone can run the App.

An update on Twitter from the Immigration Law Practitioners' Association (ILPA). Sopra Steria has replied to a request by the ILPA for further information and has given new information regarding the IDV app.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

sorry Tom still a poor company that needs to be stripped of this and all association with FLR and ILR ,
    maybe its Dominic Cummings who owns it .That would explain it .

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Like you said you can only use once this is not a test ,its an application that is being treated like a test .
    Make a mistake go back and correct NO OPTION WRONG WRONG WRONG JOKE JOKE JOKE .
    If a test i agree but this is not buck up or ship out Sopra Steria

Member สมาชิก

We used the app yesterday and it was relatively straight forward.

I didn't understand a couple of points so I made a quick call to them and got a clear enough answer and we then went through it.

Like many women my Mrs can't hold a phone or tablet without jabbing at the screen so it was difficult to get her to stop so we could read the instructions, she then obsessed over her hair and wanted to retake the still photo multiple times. The proof of life bit failed quite a few times and she once fluffed it up by turning right instead of left but she eventually got a pass. Oh, and the whole thing clashed once too.

All in all in was relatively painless so now we just have to wait until we get the yes/no verdict.

On a slightly different subject... This will be her second FLR. The first one involved sending everything including my bank account details off in a box and we were surprised to then receive a letter telling us that everything was on hold as they needed my bank statements (already supplied) so I had to send them off again. The same thing happened with this second FLR which we did electronically and I was again asked to supply bank details already supplied.

Maybe this was just bad luck but it doesn't fill me with confidence.

Its a company and it provides a service don;t blame the plebs if the government failed to specify it welland occasionally it could work better
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Banned

Maybe i am a little stressed with waiting and being in limbo ,Plus i know i have missed 3 bank statements for my wife to cover the 2 and half years i did send extra in ie doctors ,dentist ,and various government letters and i messed up a little in the sections were to put the info .
    But not being to go back and add is very poor i do not know who has come up this method but you should have the ability to submit docs right up to the final decision .
    To mess with peoples life over a clerical error is just wrong .
    Like i said maybe i am worring to much .

Don't worry, Samsung, once you are granted access to use the UKVI/UKVCAS IDV app you can upload scans or jpegs of any additional documents you might need using that app.

The waiting is the worst part - we are all in the same boat!

...and we've just received an email from UKVCAS inviting us to use the IDV app.

I've logged in to the app successfully and I can see each of the documents which we had previously uploaded and then submitted on the main UKVCAS web site. The app allows further documents to be uploaded if necessary. We'll sort out and submit the selfie tomorrow.