Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

RSS Feed Charges dropped against Red Bull heir over policeman death

Vorayuth Yoovidhaya was accused of knocking down and killing a policeman while speeding in 2012.

Read full article ...

(This post was generated automatically by Thailand-UK.com from the BBC News Asia RSS Feed)

Member สมาชิก

I wonder how much the relatives of the victim were paid for this to happen??
    Now officially a "Senior Citizen".

Old Hand มือเก่า

Pathetic

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

A strong leader should sort this out if Prayut doesn't it's clear that corruption is at the very top of Thai society and you can basically get away with murder. You should not be allowed to buy your way out of this.

Doesn't say much about justice and the law in Thailand.

Blog Entries

Given some of the high-profile let-offs in the USA, it does not surprise me at all that Thailand would do similar. We must remember that being brought to 'justice' applies only to us menials, not the friends of presidents or the privileged, well-connected rich.

Shameful.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Unless they sneak him back in.and he keeps a seriously low profile. I can see a mob forming to get him if he's recognised.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Reading lots of stories about car companies shunning Red Bull now.

Lots of stuff on social media trying to get this sorted.

I'd boycott Red Bull myself but I've never liked it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Given some of the high-profile let-offs in the USA, it does not surprise me at all that Thailand would do similar. We must remember that being brought to 'justice' applies only to us menials, not the friends of presidents or the privileged, well-connected rich...
    It appears there are quite a few 'privileged, well-connected' people who have bought justice in Thailand:

'... Boss’ case is not the only high profile car crash where the scion of a high society case has been involved. In fact, part of last week’s outrage stemmed from the cyclical nature of the acquittal, with Thai society all but saying, ‘here we go again.’

Here are just some of the cases that were highlighted in the media in the past decade alone:

Thailand’s rich continue to cause outrage by driving carelessly, killing bystanders and getting away with it

Quote Originally Posted by Barnet View Post
    Reading lots of stories about car companies shunning Red Bull now.

Lots of stuff on social media trying to get this sorted ...
    The Red Bull case appears it might cause someone to lose their face:

'... Following public outcry over the dropping of all charges against Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya for a traffic incident which left a police officer dead, Thailand’s Office of the Attorney General and a parliamentary committee say they will scrutinize the case for any discrepancies ...

... Attempts to cover up the crime led to the suspension of a police officer and sparked outraged in Thailand where wealthy and powerful individuals are rarely held to account for traffic accidents.'

Office of the Attorney General and parliamentary committee to scrutinize Red Bull heir’s case
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

One of the eye witnesses to the hit and run was killed in a motorbike accident in Chiang Mai in the last few days.

What an unfortunate coincidence.

Old Hand มือเก่า

It's very difficult to ever feel safe living in this country when laws seem to change depending on who you are. I imagine that had the victim been anybody but a police officer the whole case would have been buried years ago.

The #5 in Tobias' list is one that stands out. I'm amazed (will be amazed if it's true) that he is in prison. Wasn't he the one trying to become a monk to avoid taking the punishment? 240km per hour and if memory serves me correct, the other car was in the "slow" lane at the time.

The one positive I hoped Col. Cuckoo and his cronies would bring to power would be an end to this. It goes to show how the country will never be taken seriously nor reach democracy when this cloud of corruption is intertwined within the roots of Thai culture.

Sadly, the "Amazing Thailand" and "Thainess" campaigns look ironic in view of incidents like this one.

RSS Feed Thailand calls for new probe in Red Bull heir hit-and-run case

Thailand's attorney general says new evidence has been found, allowing the case to be reopened.

Read full article ...

(This post was generated automatically by Thailand-UK.com from the BBC News Asia RSS Feed)