Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 87 of 87
  1. #81
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    13 May 2019
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Can people still come from Thailand as tourists and go back on a normal flight. I find it a bit confusing in that the flights coming into to Thailand are largely repatriation flights. Not sure what that means for a Thai tourist coming to the UK
    Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    Those most likely to bring the virus back to Thailand on flights are the Thais themselves, as they are the only ones able to board a repatriation flight without being tested for the virus!

  2. #82
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    10 Aug 2005
    Location
    Chonburi
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    Yep,they are paranoid, I spoke to the gf this afternoon, she works fir the government, she told me that the Uk & France are heading towards another lockdown, and that they don’t want ‘falang’ to travel to Thailand and bring Covid 19 with them....that’s their attitude, in the next breath she tells me she misses me...lol, well I’m living in the house in France now and it’s good and I’m comfortable, if this carries on much longer,and with her, and the Thai government attitude, I’m not in a hurry to go back to Thailand even if things get better...

    Wise words. The Thais are not in question over liking foreigners, most in my opinion welcome us and our dosh with open arms. The economy is on it's backside because of the lack of foreigners. It is the likes of immigration who are the racist gits. Immigration is doing all it can (in Pattaya anyway) to claw back as much cash as they can. Medical visas are going for 19k and will get you a three month stay all complete with a passport and the reddies. Shameless corruption.

    The country itself gave amnesty extensions twice in order to help us and themselves and if they had their way I'm certain they'd increase it again. It's the others that are spoiling it. Hard as it maybe for many of us I do believe the majority of the country are all for getting tourists back in as soon as possible.

    As for us letting tourists back in I think it is the mass hysteria that the media is drawing up that is scaring the natives. Let's face it if there is one country easily taken in by fake news it's Thaiand.

  3. #83
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    13 May 2019
    Posts
    260

    Default

    I think you are right. In the beginning my wife was cheering the Thai government for stopping the virus and despairing over the UK. Now she wants to open everything again in Thailand with care you understand and get the tourists back and agrees with the UK strategy of keeping the economy going and living with the virus . It is a moving feast for sure but you can only sit on your hands for so long
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnet View Post
    Wise words. The Thais are not in question over liking foreigners, most in my opinion welcome us and our dosh with open arms. The economy is on it's backside because of the lack of foreigners. It is the likes of immigration who are the racist gits. Immigration is doing all it can (in Pattaya anyway) to claw back as much cash as they can. Medical visas are going for 19k and will get you a three month stay all complete with a passport and the reddies. Shameless corruption.

    The country itself gave amnesty extensions twice in order to help us and themselves and if they had their way I'm certain they'd increase it again. It's the others that are spoiling it. Hard as it maybe for many of us I do believe the majority of the country are all for getting tourists back in as soon as possible.

    As for us letting tourists back in I think it is the mass hysteria that the media is drawing up that is scaring the natives. Let's face it if there is one country easily taken in by fake news it's Thaiand.

  4. #84
    Premium Member caller's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 Sep 2005
    Location
    Hua Hin & Bangkok
    Posts
    5,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickj1000 View Post
    Can people still come from Thailand as tourists and go back on a normal flight.
    No. Currently they have to return on a repatriation flight. There are no other international passenger flights allowed at this point in time (despite what Emirates claimed and for which they got a sharp rebuke from the Thais for).
    'Tis me

  5. #85
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    13 May 2019
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Really ! Thanks for this, a great help. So if she comes as a tourist she goes back on a repatriation flight, probably Thai Air do you think ?
    Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    No. Currently they have to return on a repatriation flight. There are no other international passenger flights allowed at this point in time (despite what Emirates claimed and for which they got a sharp rebuke from the Thais for).

  6. #86
    Premium Member caller's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 Sep 2005
    Location
    Hua Hin & Bangkok
    Posts
    5,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickj1000 View Post
    So if she comes as a tourist she goes back on a repatriation flight, probably Thai Air do you think ?
    I have no idea. But they have to get all those planes parked at Suwanapoon up in the air somehow.
    'Tis me

  7. #87
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    9 Mar 2005
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Not sure if this is the correct thread for this.
    A Thai banking chief has also become a tourism expert and thinks western tourists will not return till late 2021?

    https://www.pattayamail.com/latestne...in-2021-316007
    Last edited by Natty; 25th Sep 2020 at 23:14.

Similar Threads

  1. New 'Normal' for Visitors to Thailand
    By jimmbo60 in forum COVID-19
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 28th Aug 2020, 16:42
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12th Aug 2020, 12:44
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th May 2019, 04:04
  4. Thailand is closed to sex tourism.
    By Big AL in forum News and Views
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22nd Jul 2016, 02:42
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11th Jan 2012, 22:23

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •