Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default Airline ticket refund wait

Was wondering if anyone has been lucky to having their air tickets refunded?
    Thai airways have cancelled our flights to Thailand in october, So have requested our refund via Travel Trolley. Only been waiting just under 2 weeks but expecting a very long wait. Travel Trolley quoted us a 30 day wait, I be very shocked if its that quick.

A friend of mine is still waiting for his refund from his flight in April from Thai Airways.
    Obviously i am aware of the problems this airline is having.
    We opted for the refund and could have gone for the voucher.

Been waiting 3 months and 3 days so far with netflights from Eva air. The last email I received was 6 weeks ago saying it’s taking an extremely long time to get money back off the airlines as they are trying their best to not pay out

My flight from Bangkok to Manchester on 4th July with Cathay was cancelled by them in early June. Chose refund instead of voucher and money was returned a couple of weeks later.

Thai have cancelled my outbound flight for October but have not cancelled the corresponding return flight in December.

Travelbag say that if I ask for a refund now then I am cancelling the flight and there will be a cost implication. So advise I wait until Thai cancel my return leg.

Mmmmmh!!
    Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    Thai have cancelled my outbound flight for October but have not cancelled the corresponding return flight in December.

Travelbag say that if I ask for a refund now then I am cancelling the flight and there will be a cost implication. So advise I wait until Thai cancel my return leg....
    Nonsense, you are entitled to a full refund of the entire ticket. Refer them to EC261/2004 Article 8(1) which states full reimbursement and such reimbursement must be made within SEVEN DAYS!

Contact them and quote the law above, tell them you require an immediate refund and if that is not forthcoming within 7 days you will instigate a chargeback via your card issuer.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

I am amazed travel trolley still exists. I tried to get hold of them for a refund for an EVA Air flight and they just disappeared along with my cash. Only book direct with airlines with proven policies on refunds and flexible tickets
    Quote Originally Posted by holty View Post
    Was wondering if anyone has been lucky to having their air tickets refunded?
    Thai airways have cancelled our flights to Thailand in october, So have requested our refund via Travel Trolley. Only been waiting just under 2 weeks but expecting a very long wait. Travel Trolley quoted us a 30 day wait, I be very shocked if its that quick.

A friend of mine is still waiting for his refund from his flight in April from Thai Airways.
    Obviously i am aware of the problems this airline is having.
    We opted for the refund and could have gone for the voucher.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Quote Originally Posted by nickj1000 View Post
    I tried to get hold of them for a refund for an EVA Air flight and they just disappeared along with my cash.
    If you can't get hold of them go for charge back via your bank. I have done this before and had the money back same day.

In fairness i booked our tickets way before all this corona outbreak happened, And have used Travel trolley before with no problems.
    Nobody expected the problem the airlines are having.
    When i phoned the travel agent they answered straight away, I will wait until my month's quoted time waiting time is up.
    If i have to i will contact my credit card, And ask them to get the money on my behalf.

Thanks, did not know about this. Maybe a bit late in the day now though. Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmbo60 View Post
    If you can't get hold of them go for charge back via your bank. I have done this before and had the money back same day.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Quote Originally Posted by nickj1000 View Post
    Thanks, did not know about this. Maybe a bit late in the day now though. Cheers
    Why is it a bit late in the day. The flight was cancelled, wasn't it.

I have just had a mid March flight refund from Ryan Air. Five months, but at least I have the money.

Re Thai Lion Air: did get an email regarding a refund or flight credit, not interested in flight credit so periodically send emails asking when the refund will happen, also added them to LINE and sent relevant details asking the same.
    Re Nepal Airlines: do follow their updates regarding ticket extensions IE mine would be valid up-to DEC 2021 atm or full refund (penalty free) but cannot get a response to enact a refund, tonight sent 14 emails to various offices hoping one will respond .
    bangkok mags

I had tickets for May, the flight was canceled. The airline offered, at my choice, to exchange tickets for a voucher, change the departure date or refund. I changed the date to a later date, I really hope that soon Thailand will be opened for tourists.

Just had 28/10 out and 9/12 return cancelled by KLM. These were originally for beginning of October, but were cancelled by KLM and rebooked, at the later date, only to be cancelled again. I have applied for a refund via the website, but have not received any response as yet.
    Just hope things open up in the New Year.

I think all flights this year will be canceled (((

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

We had flights booked for April this year with Etihad. Travel insurance was paid for before the tickets were booked. Paid with PayPal via a third party gent. Etihad cancelled, closed their hub. Thailand closed it's borders.
    The agent referred me to Etihad. Etihad referred me to the agent. Etihad were offering vouchers/re-booking.I was having none of it. Travel insurance advised contacting PayPal. Raised a dispute with them explaining the airline cancelled, closed their hub and destination country closed their borders. PayPal gave me my money back in three days.
    Second internal flights were with Bangkok Airways booked through another agent. Agent themselves notified me that Bangkok Airways had cancelled and they had asked for a refund. I didn't hold out much hope really but after about six weeks they put the money back in my account.
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    Re Thai Lion Air: did get an email regarding a refund or flight credit, not interested in flight credit so periodically send emails asking when the refund will happen, also added them to LINE and sent releva
    nt details asking the same.
    Re Nepal Airlines: do follow their updates regarding ticket extensions IE mine would be valid up-to DEC 2021 atm or full refund (penalty free) but cannot get a response to enact a refund, tonight sent 14 emails to various offices hoping one will respond .
    Update:
    Had an email from Thai Lion Air today indicating I will get a full refund, but due to the many cancellations they have had they cannot give a date, but if I wanted could still use the equivalent money on booking future flights lost count of the emails sent with REFUND emblazed on them.
    bangkok mags

I think that airlines will first start flights, earn profits, and only then start refunding money ..

Had some good news this week, A hotel booking i made is refunding me with cash. was starting to give up hope.
    Close to the 28th now, so will phone up traveltroley and ask them their process on my refund.
    Can see me going down the credit card chargeback route.
    Will keep you all updated
    Holty

Quote Originally Posted by MariaUA View Post
    I think that airlines will first start flights, earn profits, and only then start refunding money ..
    Thai Lion Air are flying domestically as are Vietjet, Nok Air, AirAsia, Thai Smile and Bangkok Airways who's service BKK to Trat will resume from 2 OCT.
    bangkok mags