Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member สมาชิก

"Just wanted to add I received the visa based on the above might be useful to others with similar circumstances"
    "So which agency did you apply to ?"
    I think Satman_ray is refering to a Non-O visa Which was the original topic

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Yes I got the visa and I have had pre-approval for the Coe just need to upload flight details and ASQ booking just booked Qatar out on the 29th Oct btw there is now an online service for the coe it will initially check if you are eligible you just need to upload insurance docs ...no longer required to book flights/hotels until they approve you

I received my coe today it was a fairly easy process much more so than the visa application and no silly 500kb file limit I started the application Monday afternoon the first stage is they check to see if you qualify so had to hunt around for the mandatory insurance so I used Staysure with the 100 day per trip upgrade it was £220 as others had said they had used it and went through fine
    Yesterday I checked the status and i told me to upload flight bookings and asq hotel booking so I just finished doing this around Midday and checked back 5 minutes later and was able to download the coe and booked on Qatar on Oct 29th and The Pullman G for my "detention" which was based on several factors bookable with 5,000 THB ( 60k Total ) money back guarantee in case of refused boarding or positive Covid test and they do 4 meals per day Tim161 I sincerely hope you can get out soon I do feel for you I honestly was unsure if they would pass me on the basis of having adult kids but there you go

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/start

Thanks, sounds like they have made this easier. So is the Non-O visa application simply part of that one application through the link you provided, or is that a separate process you have to do beforehand ?

So Staysure met the 100,00USD COVID cover ? Was that stated clearly ?

5 million as long as the FCO don't advise against travel

Just to update any interested members Staysure is fine you need to upload the validation pages (2) and I also added the first few pages outlining cover which was accepted by the embassy and others have reported no issues with Staysure you can also spread the cost over 10 months also a lot of the ASQ hotels will now confirm a booking for 5-10K THB

Member สมาชิก

Thanks for all the information glad to see that things have worked out for you - the London Thai Embassy now supply COE for A-O visa. Have just started my application for the A-O visa need -
    • Printout of visa application form submitted online, with bar code
    • Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages
    • A medical certificate issued in the UK or Ireland or Thailand, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) which include Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction, third stage of Syphilis, and the certificate shall be valid for not more than three months.
    • Certificate of criminal record clearance from the UK (ACRO, DBS, or issued by the police) or Ireland
    • Financial evidence showing monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB (approx. £1,625) or having the current balance of 800,000 THB (approx. £20,000), e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, for at least 1 month
    • Copy of evidence stating that applicants have insurance as per stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and health insurance of Thailand which has insurance money for outpatient not less than 40,000 Baht and for inpatient not less than 400,000 Baht. Please check < http://longstay.tgia.org> for more information regarding the insurance requirement.
    • Waiting for Certificate of criminal record at the moment, hope to get everything sorted by end of January.

How are you arranging the covid test needed 72 hours before your flight?
    Last edited by Tim161; 16th Oct 2020 at 10:05.

I'm really pleased for you Tim and although a load of hoops to jump through I'm sure you will get there once you get your visa the coe application is straightforward and in 2 parts step 1 you just need to upload the evidence you supplied for the visa and the appropriate insurance cover for the duration of your intended stay

This is a pre-approval process and you need to check the status as they don't email you then you get 15 days to upload your ASQ hotel booking and Flight details

Don't forget to resize your photos for the visa under 500kb as the website times-out very quickly

Regarding the Covid test I'm going to Midland Health in Birmingham as they are highly recommended and they also provide the fit to fly cert £185 inc
    Please feel free to PM me if you need any help also if you have a asq hotel question as I have done a lot of research with the great the good and the awful

Wishing you all the best!