Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Brick wall Non Immigrant O visa criteria question

Hi all would any experts or people with similar scenario advise regarding an O visa application

My criteria is family connection
    I have an adult son who was born in the UK ( Mother is Thai but divorced from me ) 33 Years old but has been a Thai National since the 90's he has sent me an invitation letter and copy of his Thai ID card and I have the original birth certificate I have uploaded all of these on the e-visa site

Would anyone think this is sufficient to successfully receive the visa ?
    The start of a long and tedious effort to get to Thailand to see Family and GF

Thanks in advance

I'm given to believe that to qualify for a non-O based on a dependent child, the child must be under 20 years of age and in school in Thailand.

https://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/non-im...-in-school.php
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

How long do you want to stay here for ? Under the special tourist visa you would be able stay up to 270 days (90 day visa plus two extensions) and now travelers from the UK don't have to do 14 days quarantine. The cost of the visa is 2000 baht and probably 2000 per extension.

Everything changes so often here that although many of the requirements/benefits for the special tourist visa have been announced I'm not sure if it is in force yet.

If after 270 days other visas are permitted again I guess you could convert to an Ed visa, you'd have to leave the country to do that, probably KL, or might even be able to apply here. It's all so fluid at the moment.

Member สมาชิก

"and now travellers from the UK don't have to do 14 days quarantine"
    you are wrong all visitors will have to quarantine
    I think you are confusing the lifting of 14 day quarantine when coming from Thailand to UK

Have you seen the criteria for this private jet/charter flight it seems designed for cash cows

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

I seem to remember there were 2 sets of criteria one for as you say up to 20 and another for over 20 years from the wording it seemed to suggest a family connection I had to upload a copy of his ID card and a letter of invitation I also read that if your visa application has gone through OK ( e-visa) and they ask you st send passport it is normally a good sign of acceptance so fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by James HKT View Post
    and now travellers from the UK don't have to do 14 days quarantine. The cost of the visa is 2000 baht and probably 2000 per extension.
    I believe that is wrong. Quarantine still required, unless the rules have changed yet again

Quote Originally Posted by ray8472 View Post
    I believe that is wrong. Quarantine still required, unless the rules have changed yet again
    Yes it is untrue, actually the other way around

Member สมาชิก

Satman_ray
    Even if you get a Non -o visa when do you think is the earliest you will be allowed to visit Thailand ?
    I used to spend 2 months in Thailand and 2 months in UK visiting on a non-o visa( qualifying in receipt of UK pension) I have been back inUK since March and at the moment see no point in applying for a Non-o visa because no commercial flights are allowed into Thailand. I think this will be the situation for at least the next 6 months.
    The only other option at the moment is the “special tourist visa”with all it’s conditions -
    tourists to provide all required documents regarding their itinerary to Thaiconsular officials, including payment for alternative statequarantine (ASQ) or post-quarantine accommodation, chartered flightsor private jet bookings, Covid-free certificate, and travel andhealth insurance.
    Thecheapest ASQ I have seen is 28,000 baht.
    Last edited by Tim161; 19th Sep 2020 at 11:17.

I have December 4th in mind There are commercial flights permitted with EK- Emirates as long as you are prepared to jump through a mass of hoops I have not seen my gf since March or my new grandson we pan to marry if I'm successful I have worked out I will need to spend £2000 avg before I can escape from the asq lol

Just found this it seems to help my case

Family of a Thai national (Immediate family includes spouse and children)

Ordinary passport holder wishing to stay with a family who is a Thai national in the following circumstances can apply for the Non-Immigrant type O Visa.

1. Spouse of a Thai national
    2. Children of a Thai national (age must be under 20 years old unless they are unable to support themselves due to mental or physical condition)
    3. Legally adopted child of a Thai national (age must be under 20 years old unless they are unable to support themselves due to a mental or physical condition)
    4. Parent of a Thai national
      • Applicant has no age restriction in case that the child is under 20 years old.
      • Applicant must be over 50 years old in case that the child is over 20 years old.

Member สมาชิก

I have December 4th in mind” I don’t think you have researched fully the requirements for you to enterThailand. At this moment no tourists are allowed, which means commercial flights are not allowed. There are some categories of people that are allowed to enter but they have to apply for aCertificate of Entry from the Royal Thai Embassy.
    Read
    https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Idon’t know if you qualify-
    Forfamily members of Thai nationals (spouse/children)
    WhileThailand still puts in place travel restriction, spouse and childrenof a Thai national can apply for the Certificate of Entry to go toThailand”.

If you get a Certificate of Entry you have to register for a flight through the Embassy -See
    https://london.thaiembassy.org/th/content/%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B7%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B4%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A8%E0%B8%A9%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A8%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A2%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%99?cate=5f069ee372a783584326eb77
    You have to travel on the repatriation flights booked through the Embassy. You can not book any other flight(EK-Emirates )
    I also want to return to Thailand to see my girlfriend /partner of over15 years, because we are not married I am not eligible to apple for a Certificate of Entry, this is the reason that I see no point in applying for a Non-o visa. My only hope at the moment is the new special tourist visa which has not been finalised yet.
    Last edited by Tim161; 20th Sep 2020 at 08:57.

I have researched this very extensively I also wrote to the Embassy and told them my criteria and they did not indicate I was ineligible you can book commercial flights with Emirates as they are authorised by the CAAT

I've seen somewhere else that they have issued COEs for Emirates flights. There was an end-date on that though someone mentioned, not sure.

Member สมาชิก

Accordingto CAAT director Chula Sukmanop the ban on regular air traffic will remain indefinitely unti l an improvement of the global Covid-19 situation has been assessed b y the local response team in Thailand (CCSA).
    Thailand has previously instituted an emergency decree that banned all non-citizens arriving in Thailand from midnight on March 25 and this ban has continuously been extended ever since.
    Thai nationals have been repatriated throughout the last few months via repatriation flights following a clearance process by their localThai embassy / consulate.
    The government has also gradually eased the option for foreigners tore-enter Thailand if there is a basis for approving such requests such as having a local spouse, work visa or residence amongother categories.
    Flightsthat are currently going to Thailand are mostly empty of passengers but they are able to carry passengers back out of TH as regular commercial traffic.
    Asper a Bangkok Post article today the CAAT director doesn’t have very good news for all those who werehoping that the country would open up it’s skies and airport for incoming traffic again.
    Theban on international commercial flights will remain in force while the Covid-19 pandemic situation remains critical in many countries, the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) said on Wednesday.
    Itis an indefinite ban, said CAAT director Chula Sukmanop and theCentre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) would monitor theglobal situation before deciding when the flights could resume.
    MrChula said the Joint Standing Committee on Commerce, Industry and Banking (JSCCIB) had told the government that a large number of foreigners intended coming to Thailand on business, so officials were checking if there were enough state quarantine (ASQ) facilities available. …
    Asof now, no commercial airlines are permitted to operate flights intoand out of Thailand and only a number of foreign businesspeople areallowed to enter the country for business purposes.”
    Thesepeople, along with Thai nationals looking to return to the country on repatriation flights, had booked to come to Thailand, said Mr Chula.
    Themaximum number of incoming passengers is limited to 500 per day inline with Covid-19 precautionary measures.
    Tourismarrivals remain unavailable for the time being and any attempt to establish travel bubbles with seemingly “save” countries have fallen apart as most of them experienced a relapse in cases duringthe past weeks.
    Thaicitizens have the choice of a state quarantine facility paid for by the government or if they prefer a more comfortable accommodation toselect the Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) which has to be paidout of pocket. Foreigners can only select ASQ which ranges between50,000-130,000 Baht depending on the level of the hotel, the mostl uxurious one currently available being the Anantara Siam (ex FourSeasons).
    It’sunlikely that there will be any opening towards general tourism in the near future. There is no public or political appetite to open up the country again and exposing the population to the risk of imported Covid cases.
    Conclusion
    Last edited by Tim161; 20th Sep 2020 at 11:43.

Yes that is right currently Oct 24th I think however I'm hoping that will be extended otherwise try to get on an overpriced TG repat flight

Member สมาชิก

Please keep us updated on your progress of getting back to Thailand, it could help others in a similar position. I am really eager to get back, but am resigned to the fact that it is not going to be this year. I am not married to my Thai gf, who I have known for 15 years so I don’t qualify for a Certificate of Entry. Just waiting now for more information/requirements for the “special tourist visa”

For the new Special Tourist Visa, I did see one Thai official saying they must be direct flights. Let's see what happens.

Member สมาชิก

Last edited by Tim161; 22nd Sep 2020 at 08:28.

Just wanted to add I received the visa based on the above might be useful to others with similar circumstances

So which agency did you apply to ?