Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

hi guys
    we got a leaflet today from thai saying the charge for leaving los is going up to 700bart instaed of 500bart and they are also putting price on domestic flights to 100bart now. this is happening as of the 1st of feb 2007
    tiny and nuai

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

They also now deduct it with the price of the air fare ie. you do not now need to pay for and obtain a ticket at the airport.
    Lucky

Member สมาชิก
    Guildford, Surrey. UK./Sa Kaeow and Prachin Buri, Thailand

Hi all,

I booked a some flights for my family to Bangkok for April over the Christmas holiday and as far as I know I haven't paid the BKK departure tax yet as the e-ticket paperwork I have been emailed says that we still have to pay at the airport on departure.

Maybe they will run a two tier system for a while, but this begs the question how do the authorities know if you have paid up front or not?

Best regards, Dave

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

I bought my ticket at the end of November for January 19th, I'm coming back on the 7th Feb...The travel agent at WestEast told me that the departure tax has been included in the ticket price...

We'll see...

Nick

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Prenders's Avatar

Originally posted by prioritypress:
    I bought my ticket at the end of November for January 19th, I'm coming back on the 7th Feb...The travel agent at WestEast told me that the departure tax has been included in the ticket price...

We'll see...

Nick
    Yes same here, I booked with Thai fares Ltd. There is no where on the e-ticket to say I've paid the tax.

I'm really not going to worry about 200 baht, but I will be miffed if there is no KFC airside at the new airport - whats the score?!
    'Tis me

Member สมาชิก
    Guildford, Surrey. UK./Sa Kaeow and Prachin Buri, Thailand

Further to my earlier reply, it seems the tax has been paid on my wife's ticket from BKK to LGW, arranged through Ebookers, so perhaps the other tickets I booked for my family return trip do indeed include the LOS tax.

Confused? You will be!!

Oh well, I suppose only time will tell.

Best regards,

Dave.

I was suprised that there were no "500 baht" ticket machines at the new airport when we come back in December and only 1 kiosk with 2 servers to pay the 500 baht (the queue builds up quickly), this now looks like it was done to head towards the tax included in the ticket and an assumed saving on costs of collecting.

Won't be long before I have to ring off the phone, put out my fag, turn off the engine and fill up the car myself in the local garage!

Can't remember seeing KFC or Burger King etc airside, will have to check some airport details I picked up on a visit to a smoking room.

Any change in security measures in Bangkok... I.e. Hand Luggage allowance etc as there is in UK?
    Andy
    Nothing ever Changes...but the shoes!

Andy,

When we came back in December there were no changes to the security measures in Bangkok, as simple as ever compared to Heathrow, however this was before the bombings in Bangkok, though as far as I know they have not changed anything.

Make the most of your time there, the weather is a little cold and wet here

hi guys
    i saw a burger king airside and only one bar that allows smoking and 2 tiny rooms for smoking on lower floors and also i dont remember seeing a kfc there. cheers tiny

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

http://thailand-uk.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/78010002/m/27...501034871#8501034871

Please see above link for info on departure tax. (hope I did that link right)

[Maybe they will run a two tier system for a while, but this begs the question how do the authorities know if you have paid up front or not?]

On the ticket there is a 2 letter code for each tax, for UK tax you have GB (goverment tax) and UB (passenger service charge).
    In the US there are 6 seperate arrival and departure taxes, if there are more than 3 taxes on a paper ticket then some are banded together and designated as XT, you would need to look closely at the ticket to find the breakdown.
    These taxes change all the time, its hard to keep up, not all countries collect on the ticket some do both.
    I have no idea if its cheaper to collect on the ticket but its certainly less prone to "problems" and is a more centralised process.

I believe that generally if you havent paid it on the ticket and you travel after the collection method has changed then they dont bother about it, the same problem will arise when the GB tax doubles in February this year but of course that would only be on tickets were the passenger has the ability to change/has changed the date of travel.
    I dont think in those cases there is a method of collecting the tax retrospectivly, that would probably cost more than the tax itself.

Member สมาชิก

I questioned WestEast on this point because my supposedly tax included ticket made no mention of departure tax
    Their response was that if you look at the tax shown on the ticket/invoice the airline will recognise that the amount charged includes departure tax
    This wasnt very reassuring but all I could get.